Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Ever been terrified??
  • ton

GaryLake…………..that sounds positive.
    soert of thing i want to hear now…cheers 8)

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sheesh, take it easy Ton . . . and hey, while you’re recovering you can always build another bike or two 😉

Sounds like you’re in good shape though from the angio, etc – hope you’re back out there real soon. Take care!

jools182
    Free Member

I’ve been through all kinds of heart tests too

pretty much everything apart from the angiogram which i bottled out of after hearing a horror story about a friend of the family

sure you’ll be fine, you did the right thing and got it checked out!

wwaswas

My Dad went through somethign similar 15 years ago Ton. He was 6’6″ tall and weighed 24 stone at the time. He was diagnosed with an arythmia which he now takes tablets to control.

He’s now 73, about the same height, 20 stone and still going strong.

Hope it all works out well for you, too.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Ton: key thing is to take it easy though, and find out for sure what you’ve actually got. My condition kind of enforced it as despite having been training for a 24-solo, for most of those 2 months I couldn’t do the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment without stopping for a rest.

But it’s been about 5 months now and I managed 4th in Oktoberfest 8 hr pairs too so all is good! 😀

redthunder
    Free Member

Good Luck.

My Dad [70] went with problem about being tired could’nt get up the hills etc.

BPM was at 30 on the Monday, straight to hospital and by Thursday he had a pacemaker fitted.

Dont forget to tell them your a proper fit cyclist type person or thet’ll set the poxy thingat 60.. he just got it changed to 50 min bpm and is now beating most people up the hills again.

Anyways.. good luck.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Hell Tony…scary!

Hope you’re feeling better soon… 8)

terrahawk
    Free Member

blimey. Hope things get sorted Tony.

(Does this mean you’re available to marshal HTN in Feb cos you probably won’t be racing?)
    😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Good to hear that it’s not as serious as it could have been. Stay well.

iDave
    Free Member

jump leads on the nipples, it’s a simple procedure, you’ll feel nothing… ever…..

mate has had it done twice, he’s fine.

romster
    Free Member

Take it easy Ton and hope things are sorted soon.

All @ Romster

igm

Good luck mate – you shouldn’t need it though, you’ll be right.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just seen this thread Ton, good luck mate.

Glad to hear that everything turned out to be just tickety-boo apart from missing the odd beat or two 🙂

I’m sure you’ll be as right as rain in no time at all fella 8)

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Good luck and luck after yourself. I know you will be OK but hopefuly this will get you to take your health more seriously. All the best and keep well

donsimon
    Free Member

Take it easy and good luck chapster, you seem quite stubbord so should be OK.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Ton, I think you should treat yourself to a new bike once all this is done. See it as a get well present to yourself, I am sure it’s about time for a new bike for you and this is a good excuse.

Hopefully you will be out and about soon ( on new bike) looking back on this as a minor blip when all things considered.

ratadog

Quack with an interest in Cardiology here.

As a quack who has to do some cardiology when on call +1 everything stoatsbrother said

Can’t believe they fix cardiac problems by actually “turning it off, then turning it back on again”!

Try googling “open heart surgery” then Brant, or alternatively contemplate your chances of being able to replace my rear mech while I ride the bike down the hill. At the very least it will make a cracking video.

OP please note that Open Heart Surgery is NOT needed for your condition.

I would encourage anyone who is worried about chest/heart symptoms to seek advice. Done it myself when I started having persistent chest pains which I felt I could no longer assume were muscular and caused by heaving a heavy toddler around. Thankfully all OK and heavy toddler it was. Mind you, I always remember that the Prof of Cardiology at one hospital where I worked died of his heart attack having allegedly been treating himself for indigestion for some time previously and despite being one of the world experts on the prediction and early diagnosis of heart attacks. If in doubt, seek advice.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve heard about people been given reboots before, that’s a fairly cool thing to be able to do.

Hohum
    Free Member

Hello Ton,

I am glad things are turning out okay for you.

I wish you all the best.

Adam

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ratadog just a thought ……. nice to hear your reassuring words for Ton.

But…….. I’m not entirely convinced that your little anecdote : “Mind you, I always remember that the Prof of Cardiology at one hospital where I worked died of his heart attack having allegedly been treating himself for indigestion for some time ….” actually inspires the level of confidence in your profession which a patient might quite rightly expect to feel 😯

Might be an idea to drop it from your bedside patter to patients ? 💡

Made me chuckle though………not the professor dying, you coming out with it 😀

backhander
    Free Member

I really hope you’re OK tony.
    I’ve been afraid on many occasions. I wish you all the best mate, fear is nothing to be ashamed of.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

angiograms are fun, aren’t they tony? ha!
    that weird warm feeling spreading out from the middle of yr chest when the dye gets injected in… yeah, had one about 6 years ago after landing myself with hypertensive cardiomyopathy due to ignoring symptoms for months (or at least putting the extreme headaches, shortness of breath and stiff necks down to stress/tiredness rather than getting them checked out to find i had life-threateningly high BP)… all my blood vessels checked out ok too (“pristine” was the word i heard the consultant cardiologist use while i was in theatre), but my heart rhythm was fine; it was just a bit weakened and enlarged. it was still a pretty terrifying time and i spent 2 weeks in MRI while they were trying to identify a cause and also bring my BP under control. which, as it’s 6 1/2 years on, they obviously managed to do successfully (although no cause was determined)…
    good luck with it mate. we’re more resilient than we think sometimes.

bullheart
    Free Member

Man up, you big girl…

Get well soon.

anotherstan
    Free Member

tony, as per our earlier phone conversation,take it easy and don’t rush back to the bikes. they’ll (all) still be there in a few weeks 😉

good luck pal.

edit- oh, and mtfu you big puff, you’re giving us south leeds lads a bad name 😉

ton

thanks for the kind words everyone…………

just taken my pulse this morning…….lowest ever (for me) resting pulse 42!!
    beta blockers rock 8) 😉

brant
    Free Member

Try googling “open heart surgery” then Brant, or alternatively contemplate your chances of being able to replace my rear mech while I ride the bike down the hill.

I’ve got a reasonable working knowledge of cardiac problems thanks.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Tony… just spotted the post DOH ! Hope all goes well and it does sounds like your on the mend, bit of a scare though I bet ? Dont panic as we have plenty of time to train you back up for 2011 SS events. Get well soon big fela…. from all the Dalby trail pixie’s

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Ever been terrified??’ is closed to new replies.