Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Evans Massive Sale – any good?
  • heihei

Worth visiting this week?

5lab

bump – anybody?

mk1fan
    Free Member

Went on Saturday to get the OH some shorts and pads. She saved about £50 on five items, about a third overall.

I picked up another lock and some handlebars. Again saving a third.

Not many components but plenty of clothes and bikes. They did have SLX groupsets for £400 but I didn’t see what was included or what options there were.

Worth going during the week as it is likely to be quieter.

To answer your question, it depends what you’re after. If you can spare the time then go and look.

xcstu
    Free Member

mk1fan: do they have a good selection of clothes for the other half? makes?

misses is after some bits 😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

Seemed to be alot there on Saturday. My OH got some Trek shorts and 661 pads. The usual suspects were there, importantly in a good range of sizes too.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Just went today…there’s a further 10% of clothes if you get the voucher on line.

Spent a couple of hundred…Flux helmet for £55, Spesh BG Sport shoes for £45, Endura Singletrack shorts for £35. Not massive savings but all added up.

Not normally a fan of Evans but the staff there were pretty helpful and there were plenty around. Pretty popular even going at midday: can’t imagine how crazy it must get at the weekend!

Saw a lovely Cannondale Rush Carbon for £1599…shame it was a small

woodsman
    Free Member

I had a look in, on Monday lunchtime. I would say clothing is the only bargain area. Lots of womens stuff, tops mainly. Worth a look, if you’re local-ish I would say.

I picked up a 60 quid Gore top for 30.

devs
    Free Member

Flux helmet for £55

Got mine from stif for £45 3 weeks ago.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Got mine from stif for £45 3 weeks ago.

Well done 🙄 08 model but I doubt there’s much difference. Anyway, so? I’m sure if you anyone scours the web they’ll find it cheaper. However, I got to try it on and still get it cheaper than the majority of places online so I’m happy

kimbers

went on sunday some good bargains, mostly clothes though
    some components and bikes were cheap but not very many and to be honest you could probably do better if you scoured the web/ebay

worth popping in if you are in the area, bit of a jumble sale though

devs
    Free Member

Well done 08 model but I doubt there’s much difference. Anyway, so? I’m sure if you anyone scours the web they’ll find it cheaper. However, I got to try it on and still get it cheaper than the majority of places online so I’m happy

That was exactly the reaction I was looking for. Thanks. Can’t beat a good gloat. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Evans Massive Sale – any good?’ is closed to new replies.