Viewing 40 posts - 31,241 through 31,280 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • igm

The Brexy-ISIS thing was a survey about 18 months ago (pre-vote, though I think it was published after I can’t recall) of 24,000 folk as I recall which asked questions along the lines of “do you support the death penalty?” or “do you support public flogging for sex crimes?” amongst a whole load of more mainstream questions about affluence, class, political allegiance etc – all the normal stuff.
    The questions that correlated best with Brexit voting intention were death penalty and public flogging – things ISIS was doing at the time.
    I am not suggesting that Brexies support ISIS – I suspect quite the reverse, though I don’t actually know that.
    Rather I suggest that there are parallels in some of the regressive and reactionary thinking is displayed by both.
    How it comes out reflects your cultural background and influences.

Is that a little less far fetched?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Marginally

igm

PS not was I suggesting Brexies are terrorists – thought hadn’t crossed my mind (though you have gone and planted it now).
    Wreckers? yes
    Widespread nasty actions with an absolute pinnacle way beyond anything the remainers have done? undoubtedly, that’s documented.
    Encouragers of hatred / racism? well that poster of Farage’s was pretty near the line, make your own mind up
    But not terrorists – I wouldn’t accuse them of that.

igm

teamhurtmore – Member
    Marginally

I’ll take that 😉

thecaptain
    Free Member

thm, you specifically talked about the EU playing silly buggers in respect of freedom of movement. Since May insists that FoM will end, it is entirely specious to claim it has anything to do with the EU.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I will leave you to reread what I actually said.

DrJ

On the issue of FoM it seems to me that the decent thing to have done would have been to say “we recognise that people have personal lives that are inextricably linked with the freedoms that the EU has provided over a long period of time, and that to revoke those freedoms would create pain where none is deserved. We therefore unilaterally undertake to ensure that nobody currently benefitting from the UK membership with regard to FoM will suffer in the future as a result of the UK’s unilateral decision to leave the EU” (or equivalent lawyerese)

Of course other countries woukd then be able to play silly buggers, human bargaining chips etc. That is for them and their consciences.

Junkyard
    Free Member

apparently this was suggested in cabinet [ according to Osborne] and the only person to object was May

I think it was posted on here and an article in the evening standard on this

theocb
    Free Member

The Brexy-ISIS thing was a survey about 18 months ago (pre-vote, though I think it was published after I can’t recall) of 24,000 folk as I recall which asked questions along the lines of “do you support the death penalty?” or “do you support public flogging for sex crimes?” amongst a whole load of more mainstream questions about affluence, class, political allegiance etc – all the normal stuff.
    The questions that correlated best with Brexit voting intention were death penalty and public flogging – things ISIS was doing at the time.
    I am not suggesting that Brexies support ISIS – I suspect quite the reverse, though I don’t actually know that.
    Rather I suggest that there are parallels in some of the regressive and reactionary thinking is displayed by both.
    How it comes out reflects your cultural background and influences

Oh dear oh dear, the STW fact checkers are going to have a field day with this horse shite… surprised it’s slipped through the net to be honest

igm

theocb – about your normal standard. Check away. I’m in the mood for some comic relief today.

By the way are you enjoying Brexit slowly disintegrating?

I know I am.

theocb
    Free Member

MY normal standard.. delusional as ever kingmaker.

Post up this Brexit/ISIS survey for starters. Let’s all have a look at what makes an ISIS member tick and see how the survey interprets that info and connects it to people who voted leave. I’m intrigued, I’m hoping you haven’t made one of your looooooong leaps again.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fact checking 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Brexit isn’t disintegrating – we are moving closer to positions of compromise. Even the nutters are closing in on a decent transition period. It’s getting better each week….The nutters are becoming marginalised

jimjam
    Free Member

theocb

Oh dear oh dear, the STW fact checkers are going to have a field day with this horse shite… surprised it’s slipped through the net to be honest

No one will even bother. He’s equating ISIS, The Islamic State, probably one of the most vicious evil bunch of murderous degenerates on the face of the earth with people who voted leave. This ties in neatly with the STW Leftist Village Echo Chamber™ worldview that anyone who voted leave is at best a xenophobe, which means racist, and obviously a bigot and misogynist too.

I voted remain fwiw, but when I see this kind of blatant intellectual dishonesty, the desire to lie, mischaracterize, slander, and dehumanize people because they have different political opinions it makes me sick.

What’s amazing is that people who act like this and spout this BS, either in public or online still can’t see how they themselves are part of the problem. How their attitudes and actions have fractured politics, destroyed rational political debate and contributed to the shit storm we’re currently in.

….awaits another three week ban.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

[IGM – just picked up the message thx.. Interesting thoughts. But more importantly, very, very best wishes]

igm

Gentlemen – start by reading what I wrote rather than what you’d like to think I wrote.

Following that, read this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36803544

Then follow it through to the referenced survey.

At no point, just for the avoidance of doubt did I say theyd surveyed ISIS (sorry to disappoint theocb).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

igm

THM – the mood I’m in today this is positively uplifting. And thank you for your last but one post.

igm

Jimjam – I know I’m part of the problem – or at least a problem. And I’m content with that – I can be no other way.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Been there recently – keep posting/chatting/arguing 😉

theocb
    Free Member

😀 ..not disappointed, it’s exactly as I thought, another delusional misrepresenting a report to make looooooooooooooong and offensive leaps to suit their own bias.

How can we fact check the claimed connection between leave voters and ISIS members if you don’t have any facts on ISIS members?

igm

Read what I wrote.

And assume that while I may set out to challenge I do not set out to offend. So be not offended but thoughtful. For by failing to do so you argue my case.

theocb
    Free Member

😀 So the link between leave voters and ISIS members was just your own made up horse shit? Not offensive no siree, very considered and thought provoking Captain delusional.

Thanks.

Shackleton

I’m guessing that you didn’t read what he wrote then?

igm

theocb – nope.

Have you read the paper based on the survey referenced in that article?
    Do you deny that ISIS have previous for capital punishment and flogging?
    Ok – so both groups share some values. Agreed?

Now no one is saying that Brexies are terrorists (one Brexy or Brexy influenced individual excepted)

However both groups are quick to offence, demand one version of the truth which all must believe (perhaps a little exaggeration for effect, but you remember “enemies of the people” or “crush the saboteurs”?)

The thought processes are disturbingly similar.

Of course background and culture leads to a different expression of those thought processes – thankfully.

And yes I prefer Brexies to ISIS.

But on a brighter note, thank you, you have provided a fun diversion on an otherwise difficult day.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

both groups are quick to offence, demand one version of the truth which all must believe (perhaps a little exaggeration for effect,

Perhaps….perhaps???? 😉 you finish the night with the fun medal _ theocb is a distant second

igm

Oh go on – joint first place for him

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No chance 😉

[anyway, sleep well and very best wishes and +vibes ]

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not sure about an IQ test before allowing people to vote, but a comprehension test before posting on STW might improve the standard of debate.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes It’s difficult to “comprehend” this 😉

THM – to be fair though, the remainers even now have refrained from killing people they disagree with. Unlike say, ISIS or the Brexies.

Excuse me IGM 😀

Shackleton

Two people doing the same thing does not mean that those two people are the same.

Stop trolling THM!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lame excuse e4-e5

aracer
    Free Member

Right THM, that’s you banned for the same offence as jimjam. I can’t think of a single other reason for your post than your inability to comprehend – feel free to offer one up though…

Isn’t it past your bedtime anyway?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

At least IGM had the grace to elaborate in private – but carry on. Watching gross exaggeration is fun.

😀 “banned” for not swallowing BS – brilliant 😀

igm

Guys – while this is factually correct, let me accept I worded it badly.

THM – to be fair though, the remainers even now have refrained from killing people they disagree with. Unlike say, ISIS or the Brexies.

I was not suggesting both ISIS and brexies should be on the list of proscribed organisations – merely that one or more of their supporters might have transgressed on the old Thou shalt not kill thing.

I do not equate them although they share some values – according to news on ISIS and research surveys on Brexies.

igm

THM has seen my wider theories on angry people.

THM – explain as you see fit. Disagree as you see fit.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bravo IGM,

[now where’s my teddy as its beddy byes 😉 night night kiss for aracer ]

jimjam
    Free Member

aracer – Member

jimjam » He’s equating ISIS, The Islamic State, probably one of the most vicious evil bunch of murderous degenerates on the face of the earth with people who voted leave.

I’m not sure about an IQ test before allowing people to vote, but a comprehension test before posting on STW might improve the standard of debate. [/quote]

Oh LOL! You just insulted my intelligence! The exact same reason I got a three week ban (that in addition to multiple warnings for abusive behavior towards forum members, despite not having been abusive to forum members or receiving any warnings for any abuse!).

I mean, it’s almost as if the moderators of STW Left Wing Echo Chamber Village would fabricate evidence in a sham trial that only they themselves preside over!

It’s cute that you think you can hide your dishonesty behind an attack on my ability to comprehend written English. Let’s just let people character assassinate anyone with an opposing political view point then argue the semantics of whether or not they meant to draw unfavorable comparisons with ISIS.

igm

Jimjam – please, I do not equate them. I equate some of their values.
    If that is a problem, send me something nasty by PM.

As I said, I challenge deliberately, any offence is accidental.

igm

PS if you think this is an echo chamber (and arguably to some extent it is) you should wander by some of the Brexy echo chambers. I find them fun and horrific in roughly equal measure.

Viewing 40 posts - 31,241 through 31,280 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.