Viewing 40 posts - 27,681 through 27,720 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter to me fyi

Of course of course…

chewkw
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Edukator I assume you are aware of the rumours he’s gay and his boyfriend runs the paper that broke the Penelope Fillion story ? Doesn’t matter to me fyi

I suspected something about this bloke suddenly appearing onto the political scene in desperation … 😛

If you see a sprat (fish) you know it is fishy … 😆

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

An interesting read.

Continuer tout droit

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did we get this already?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/04/24/marine-le-pen-temporarily-steps-down-as-front-national-leader-to_a_22053912/?utm_hp_ref=au-now

Le Pen said tonight:

“I have always considered that the president is the president of all the French. Under this banner, he or she must unite all the French.

“Tonight, I am no longer the president of the Front National. I am the presidential candidate.”

“I will be above partisan considerations.”
    WTF!! Mostly an admission that it is not going to take her any further but can you remove her from what the party she led believes? Do they get another debate? Would be interesting to see what she has changed her mind on.

Edukator
    Free Member

Dear me, Jamba. How is life in Internet gutter? You spend your time on this thread either making stuff up or repeating stuff other people have made up. A link is the minimum requirement when posting libelous comments. When there’s a problem (in this case false news on the Net) try not to be a part of it.

I fail to see the problem with Le Pen’s declaration about being a presidential candidate rather than FN president for the next 10 days. After that she’ll either be president or return to being FN president.

oldnpastit

Edukator I assume you are aware of the rumours he’s gay and his boyfriend runs the paper that broke the Penelope Fillion story ? Doesn’t matter to me fyi

I think there’s likely to be a fair amount of artificial rumour generation going on right now.

Shackleton

Re: Visas for overseas workers

Having just started the process of recruiting someone from a non-EU country who needs a tier 2 visa to perform a skilled job for 3 years in the UK I can confidently state that anyone who thinks that this is a good and sensible way of getting skilled people with talents we require into the country is a complete f******* imbecile.

It is ludicrously expensive for a person to bear the costs themselves, time consuming and bordering on hostile.

If this is what we will have to do for the rEU as well once we leave then we are screwed (apart from HR departments which will likely have to treble in size to deal with the visa applications).

Although it is a remarkably good way of keeping johnny foreigner out of blighty. But, even though it is a clusterf*** of epic proportions, “we” are in control of it. Which is all that matters it would appear.

mefty
    Free Member

Dear me, Jamba. How is life in Internet gutter? You spend your time on this thread either making stuff up or repeating stuff other people have made up. A link is the minimum requirement when posting libelous comments.

His denial was widely reported so I think you are being abit unfair. Although Jamba is wrong on the alleged other party, he works in Radio rather than for a satirical mag.

Northwind

Shackleton – Member

It is ludicrously expensive for a person to bear the costs themselves, time consuming and bordering on hostile.

No “bordering on”, I’ve banged on about this but the UK visa process is specifically designed to mess with people. There’s a constant undercurrent of changing rules and regs, often applied retrospectively or without notice, or guidance, or spellchecking.

So example- you phone up the UKVI and say:

“Hey, this rule’s unclear, can you tell us how to interpret it?”
    “You’re right, the rule is unclear, we don’t really know the answer ourselves”
    “Dude, it’s your rule”
    “I know! Crazy eh”
    “You know we’re actually paying for this premium advice service”
    “Yep. Mugs. You literally help pay the wages of the people whose job it is to keep your perfectly legit students out of the country”
    “Cheers, you’re doing a great job of that. Anyway, we have this guy who wants to pay us tens of thousands of quid in order to come and study here, and he needs this cleared up, what should we tell him”
    “Oh, tell him just to fill it in however seems best”
    “Jesus, really? What if he does it wrong?”
    “Well we’ll not give him clearance and he won’t be allowed in the country”
    “But you said you don’t know what the correct answer is, so how can he do it wrong?”
    “We’ll decide that when we get the application”
    “Can he appeal?”
    “Yes. But any appeal won’t take effect til after his course has started so it’ll be useless”
    “His course starts in 3 months, how long does it take to appeal?”
    “Usually about 5 minutes. But there’s a 4 month waiting list”

mattjg
    Free Member

If I was your student I’d study elsewhere. Stupid little country.

But I have to ask: if immigration procedures are so Kafkaesque, how come we still get around a quarter million non-EU immigrants a year?

jambalaya
    Free Member

The Macron rumour is pretty much public knowledge in France (privacy laws mean the oress can’t write about it much like Hollande’s late night scooter trips whilst spendi g €500,000 a year keeping his first lady/girlfriend at the Elysee).

Shackleton how on earth does the rest of the world manage not being in the EU ? I believe I am correct in saying that Indians represpent the nunber 1 nation getting US work visas most going to work in tech in California. Its generally a key visa application test that suitable skills don’t exist in the country or are in short supply. Seems sensible to me.

@matt have a look at world’s top Unis, dominated by UK and US. Demand for places is going to keep increasing. The Indians and Chinese don’t give a toss about Brexit in fact its likley to make things easier for them.

Edukator
    Free Member

Another misleading post from you Jamba.

Over three years Julie Gayet cost the state 1 200 000 euros, nearly all of which was police protection and nothing to do with keeping her at the Elysée. Info 24 The press did write about the scooter trips, that’s how we know about them. The important thing being that it was fact not rumour/fiction/lies.

Most of the citizens of the rest of the world envie the standard of life within the EU and manage rather worse.

Being in the EU has benefited the UK’s university system as the university types who post on this thread have pointed out. I’ll follow the rankings with interest in the year post Brexit.

Northwind

mattjg – Member

But I have to ask: if immigration procedures are so Kafkaesque, how come we still get around a quarter million non-EU immigrants a year?

An organised resistance movement, essentially. Every university puts huge efforts and resources into protecting their applicants and their interests, there’s also various 3rd parties- agents, UCAS, the British Council, the Scottish Government, Study Group and Kaplan and the like, lots of information sharing and work with overseas governments and the like. Students often pay a small fortune to third parties to get them through the application.

If there’s ever a revolution in this country we should get the tier 4 compliance managers to lead it, they have the relevant experience.

mattjg
    Free Member

Yeah – but all the quarter million a year are students? Nah.

Northwind

Oh, no, the visa bullshittery I’m talking about is specific for tier 4s, svvs and atas. I don’t know anything about professional visas, dependents etc. I guarantee it’ll all be bollocks though

kimbers

Can confirm that its much quicker, cheaper and requires far less red tape to recruit from within the EU, than outside

That doesnt mean we dont recruit from outside the EU, we look to recruit the best, its just that visas from the USA, Malaysia, China (those i have experience with recently) cost around 5grand iirc and take longer to sort out

but if Brexit is about one thing its about more bureaucracy and putting up barriers with our nearest neighbours

mefty
    Free Member

Over three years Julie Gayet cost the state 1 200 000 euros, nearly all of which was police protection and nothing to do with keeping her at the Elysée.

It is pretty obvious he was referring to Valerie Trierweiler when discussing cost.

Edukator
    Free Member

If it had been obvious I wouldn’t have thought Julie Gayet who has shared François Hollande’s life for the last three years. It was highly unobvious Jamba was referring to Valerie Trierweiler especially as he didn’t name her but did mention the scooter saga which was Julie Gayet.

mefty
    Free Member

If it had been obvious I wouldn’t have thought

I have noticed you often get the wrong end of the stick so I don’t think this follows at all.

Edukator
    Free Member

And you leap to Jamba’s defense whatever ambiguous, inaccurate or misleading stuff he writes, Mefty.

Edit: it takes a few seconds to check Jamba’s 500 000e figure for keeping Valerie Trierweiler at the Elysée if he is referring to her. It’s higher than any figure I can find – even those that include her travel on official humanitarian missions (83 000e for 2013), security and the cost of civil servants working on her official programme.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought it was clear I was referring to Valerie T, she lived at the Elysee whereas Gayer never did. That would be very much known to you Edukator as you live in France. Valerie T had a staff of 5 as the official “first lady” all whilst Hollande was scootering around late at night.

As I said I’ll wager you (a case of Medoc/simple recoltant Burgandy ?) that absolutely no charges are brought against Fillion or his wife. None. Political dirty tricks played by Macron and his friends and sponsors in Hollande’s party. Fillion was leading the polls ahead of Le Pen when this story “broke”

jambalaya
    Free Member

Edukator you are well aware of how much Hollande soent on his hairdresser, just imagine a staff of 5 for Valerie keeping the bef warm whilst Francois was out and about.

The great crime for France is Macron is going to be a photocopy of Hollande in terms of economics and general policy. It was after all his policies which Hollande turned to after his own where a disaster.

I assume you watched the TF1 Eysee 2017 programme tonight, as I will always admit my understanding is limited for live broadcasts as they are too fast for me but Le Pen was spot on to stress that the official 10% unemployment rate is fake, in reality its much higher than that. Macron is economically “more of the same”

Edukator
    Free Member

More libelous comments with no link, Jamba.

However, Fillon paid his wife to be his assistante parliamentaire while she declared that she had never been her husbands assistant. We’ve all seen the video and the proof thanks to national TV. Fillon declared he would step down if “mis en examen” but didn’t step down when he was “mis en examen”. At that point he lost what little credibility he had left.

Jupé or Baroin might well have made it to the second round if the Républicains had opted for a plan B but they followed Fillon over the cliff.

cchris2lou

i found work in less than 3 weeks, to start in july .

in the meantime I am temping , working all this week , putting voting slips in boxes . Macron this morning , Lepen this afternoon .

there is work in France if you want it . but there is also a whole industry dedicated to those 10% unemployed .

Blaming on foreigners is typical Lepen . same as her dad really .

cchris2lou

Juppe would have won easily .

I bet it is the last time they do primaires as it has gone very wrong . 😆

mefty
    Free Member

More libelous comments with no link

Link

Edukator
    Free Member

Yup, we watched Marine who failed to answer most of the questions the journalists asked and was shown to be plain wrong on several points, notably the first point of her programme on the Euro.

As for “more of the same”, Marine was critical of him for being too economically liberal and said that there would be a radical economic liberalisation that would be disastrous – your heroine clearly disagrees with you.

GrahamS

Le Pen was spot on to stress that the official 10% unemployment rate is fake, in reality its much higher than that.

That sounds oddly familiar.

“Don’t believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. As high as 35 — as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent.”Trump on US Employment

Worked for him I guess. (Despite being very obviously bollocks)

mefty
    Free Member

And you leap to Jamba’s defense whatever ambiguous, inaccurate or misleading stuff he writes, Mefty.

Today maybe, but as Scarlett O’Hara said “tomorrow is another day”, I don’t find it particularly difficult to find subjects I disagree with him on. But as I said on the other thread, I don’t think he is any worse than many other posters, although I think he should post less. Quality rather than quality is a good adage.

But in this case there was no ambiguity, as Jamba reminds you above, Hollande has had only had one official First Lady and that was Trierweiler.

Edukator
    Free Member

But “girlfriend” implied Gayet rather than Trierweiller who was always his “compagne” rather than “petite amie”. Gayet was the only one referred to a as “petite amie (de l’ombre)”.

mefty
    Free Member

But he was on his scooter going to see his “petite amie” so she clearly can be eliminated from our enquiries.

Edukator
    Free Member

You can, I can’t the syntax doesn’t allow me to.

€500,000 a year keeping his first lady/girlfriend at the Elysee).

Whichever lady is referred to the 500 000e figure is plain wrong. The total cost of Valerie was less than that and when you deduct the cost of her humanitarian missions and official programme the cost of keeping her at the Elysée was a fraction of that.

Edukator
    Free Member

“server not found”

Travel on her humanitarian missions was most definitely not part of keeping her at the Elysée and should not be included.

You’ll note Jamba isn’t trying to defend the figure, he knows it’s wrong – he rounded up and changed what it referred to and he knows it..

mefty
    Free Member

works now

kimbers

Le Pen was spot on to stress that the official 10% unemployment rate is fake, in reality its much higher than that.

next thing youll be saying that the UKs record unemployment figures mask huge levels of underemployment contributing to our productivity gap….

Edukator
    Free Member

That Guardian article gives a figure lower than 500 000e for one year even when you include travel and security during travel and staff working on official business for just one year 2013. Jamba says “a year” for “first lady/girlfriend” which means over several years which would have to include the Gayet period.

€500,000 a year keeping his first lady/girlfriend at the Elysee

Whichever way you look at it Jamba’s statement is wrong, as in false, incorrect, higher than the real figure.

mefty
    Free Member

Jamba says “a year” for “first lady/girlfriend” which means over several years

No it doesn’t it just means the annual cost while she was around. Yes the figure is slightly less than EUR 500K, but as noted in the article does not include the cost of her four bodyguards nor any allocation for her use of office space. These two items would easily take the number above EUR 500 K so Jamba was a bit on the low side.

Edukator
    Free Member

keeping his first lady/girlfriend at the Elysee

That’s what Jamba is talking about the cost of, nothing more nothing less.

Sleep tight.

Del

doesn’t matter. like the £350million, just think of a number and it’ll keep getting talked about.
    now jamba. any comment on the 25% uplift in cost for my customer under wto vs another within the eu? or is this just another inconvenient fact you’d rather ignore?

Viewing 40 posts - 27,681 through 27,720 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.