Viewing 40 posts - 23,361 through 23,400 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • igm

Strange chewkw that much as you seem to hate the EU and admire North Korea it is the EU you chose to live in.
    Unless you don’t believe half what you say of course.

chewkw
    Free Member

rone – Member

O C’mon … you simply cannot force people to like each other.

There is a difference between tolerate and like. [/quote] Well, they do tolerate each others existence don’t they?

captainsasquatch – Member
    No you can’t force people to like each other, they tend to have all sorts of personalities and there are personality types that I don’t like (stupid being one). Turning your nose up at them because of colour is simply racism and trying to defend it is abhorrent. Afterall we’ve all been victims of racism at some point in our lives.

There is a difference by not wanting to mix with others than being a racist that start to get physical violence.

kelvin

We will be better off outside the EU. The EU has delivered massive pain to much of Southern Europe and people are starting to see it now.

1) I don’t live in Southern Europe.
    2) How will us leaving the EU, and making it smaller, help people there?
    3) How will us leaving a big local trading block help anyone outside the industry you worked in?

Junkyard
    Free Member

If I may say so the Renainers here want a bad outcome so they can say “told you so”
    IMO we will be just fine under WTO with Europe.

If i may so we are only saying what will inevitably happen. YOu are simply preparing the ground to say its our fault , when reality ultimately pops your impenetrable bubble of of optimism, for the inevitable economic downturn that will accompany Brexit

If I may say so that’s Remainer Project Fear speaking. We will be better off outside the EU.

even on the Brexit side very few are as bold as to still claim we will be better off outside.

we all know you remain the most fantastically optimistic on the outcome we fear its because you have such a tentative grasp of the facts

WTO will harm us we all know this hence why even May says its the last resort

chewkw
    Free Member

igm – Member
    Strange chewkw that much as you seem to hate the EU and admire North Korea it is the EU you chose to live in.
    Unless you don’t believe half what you say of course.

I like the EU people but I hate the EU bureaucratic system that tries to impose.

I admire N.Korea because they keep to themselves and they do the world a great justice by not releasing his population to consume the world resources. Hence, they give the world peace by keeping to themselves.

molgrips
    Free Member

@molgrips, the EU needs our financial services more than ever. Whatever they try and say they cannot easily replicate

Why not? Loads of our financial employees are European anyway. What happens if/when they all go home?

Nearly 90% of our economic activity is domestic

Source? How much of that is driven by or paid for by businesses that are themselves involved with the EU?

If I may say so the Renainers here want a bad outcome so they can say “told you so”

That’s idiotic.

I’d love Britain to become a prosperous country with sound economic practices and strong environmental laws. I’d love it to become egalitarian and socially minded.

But there’s fat chance of that, isn’t there? Thing is, some European countries think that way, and their influence was a positive on us. But we’ve lost it now, so we are going to drift across the Atlantic. Which would be a terrible thing.

igm

Chewkw – the EU is the EU. The people are Europeans. I suggested you hate the EU and you confirmed it. Yet you chose to live in it. North Korea would probably have you if you told them how much you admire them and admire dictatorships.
    I think you fib a lot. But what do I know.

igm

Moly – as I recall its 87% so we might give him that.

44% of the remainder is EU.

Of course by my reckoning (and it’s rough) the increased tax take from being in the European club is roughly twice the club subs. So the first thing that will happen when we stop playing our 1% of GDP (was that £3.50 a week or something) is that tax revenue from everywhere else will need to go up to compensate. Now if Jamba is right and by a combination of drugs and slave trading we make Britain grate again (well it worked the first time round) then taxes may stay steady – if not they’re going up. (Not fear Jamba – book balancing ‘cos there ain’t much austerity scope)

chewkw
    Free Member

igm – Member
    Chewkw – the EU is the EU. The people are Europeans. I suggested you hate the EU and you confirmed it. Yet you chose to live in it. North Korea would probably have you if you told them how much you admire them and admire dictatorships.
    I think you fib a lot. But what do I know.

European people are different from a EU bureaucratic system.

If you cannot even distinguish between people and system then you sure going crash hard. True. 😀

Yes, I hate EU bureaucratic system. Period.

I have no problem whatsoever with the citizen of the European countries or individual nations.

There is No such thing as EU citizen coz that’s just silly goose imposing and assuming things.

I admire all leadership so long as I like them. I decide. 😆

EU bureaucratic system is a completely utopian disaster. True. 😛

igm

I like the EU people

There is No such thing as EU citizen

If you cannot even distinguish between people and system then you sure going crash hard. True.

I agreed with the last of those three things you said, but the first two are a little muddled (or you’re struggling to maintain the just making controversial options up level).

Keep trying.

PS in Newcastle today if you fancy that pint – or are you still hiding to protect your secret identity 😉

DrJ

The EU hasn’t, the € has

Very important distcintion to make.

THM – do you have a sense of deja vu? (Get your wife to translate, jamba)

igm

DrJ – Brexism isn’t a political movement or way of thinking. It’s a religion. It relies on belief not fact or logic.

mt
    Free Member

@Kerley. Free Yorkshire is not funny and can never be done to death. Not from Lancashire are ye?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I admire N.Korea because they keep to themselves and they do the world a great justice by not releasing his population to consume the world resources. Hence, they give the world peace by keeping to themselves.

For once I agree, and it woukd be nice if you decided to follow in their footsteps. They’d soon lose your support if they came over to the west, shouting and ranting about a political system that they simply don’t like, nor that they can change.
    If you admired them so much, you would try to emulate them.
    You don’t admire them in the slightest, it’s a nice soundbite and likely to wind a few people up.
    Give it up dude, you’re not losing. You lost pages ago.

morphio
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38966165

4.4bn due to currency fluctuations? Ouch!

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

There is a difference by not wanting to mix with others than being a racist that start to get physical violence.

You don’t need physical violence to be a racist, not wanting to mix on the buses or in schools might just be enough. It was pointless adding violence to the scales on that one. I think the South Africans adopted a special term for not mixing.

igm

As did the US. “Separate but equal”

piemonster

Not wanting to mix = ethnic discrimination

kerley
    Free Member

@Kerley. Free Yorkshire is not funny and can never be done to death. Not from Lancashire are ye?

Never been to Yorkshire or Lancashire and never likely to (no point).
    I just know that in an EU thread referring to Free Yorkshire all teh time is very tired.

Although I see people have started to waste their time interacting with master troll/complete idiot chewkw again so the last page or so is a washout anyway so may as well as some more free Yorkshire nonsense…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Although I see people have started to waste their time interacting with master troll/complete idiot chewkw again so the last page or so is a washout anyway so may as well as some more free Yorkshire nonsense…

I apologise for having a bit of fun at chewkw’s expense. I hadn’t realised this was a private thread. 😛

br
    Free Member

@oldman you understand under WTO you can put extra tariffs on things, that’s effectively what the EU does with stuff from outside, eg thats how they manipulate coffee prices from Africa to Germany’s benefit.

And then paid for by consumers. Is that how you’re going to generate the £350m per week, extra ‘tax’?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Inflation up again??
    Remind me this a good or a bad thing

zokes
    Free Member

Apparently it’s a good thing. Unless of course you haven’t had an appreciable pay rise in years and you need to buy stuff.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Honestly, inflation of less than 2% is f-all anyway. You wouldn’t want it going negative for any length of time (see Japan for details). The guardian in particular has been trying to talk up the brexit inflation scare for months but it really hasn’t happened to any significant extent.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No but 2% when there are no pay rises going on does start to hurt people. Fuel costs in particular are a big one as it adds to everything.
    Falling £, rising inflation, stop on wages…

br
    Free Member

Honestly, inflation of less than 2% is f-all anyway[/I]

Yes, in itself but this has come after a stagnation in wages since 2008 yet rising housing costs which means that the ‘fat’ has gone which could’ve have absorbed it.

milleboy
    Free Member

Honestly, inflation of less than 2% is f-all anyway.

Agreed, but I think it’s more about whats to come. The sector I work in has seen 15 to 20% price rises, and that does hurt. Think a lot of stuff is going to get very expensive very soon, look at Sonos yesterday.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Fair enough, but the problem is wage stagnation not inflation per se. If it was stuck well below 2% then the BoE would have probably tried to stoke it up, the falling pound has saved them the bother. Forecasts are only for 2.5-3% which does not fall into the alarming range IMO.

kimbers

The sector I work in has seen 15 to 20% price rises,

similar here
    already tight budgets are being squeezed, causing a lot of worry

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fair enough, but the problem is wage stagnation not inflation per se.

As nothing exists in isolation inflation and stagnant wages are a problem. Simply your cash doesn’t go as far, taxes dont goes far.

mefty
    Free Member

Wage growth has been 2% or over for two years now.

mt
    Free Member

@captainsasquatch. I can see you are a gentleman but don’t feel you have to apologise to a man who see’s not point in visiting a Free Yorkshire (who’d invite him?).
    It does make one concerned that there are actually people out there that have never experienced the pinnacle of human civilization that is Yorkshire. Think what could be done by a Yorkshire peoples free of the yoke of suppression that is the UK. As we speak I’m working on a free trade agreement with Cornwall.

igm

Not the cider drinking pirates – no

br
    Free Member

Wage growth has been 2% or over for two years now. [/I]

Yes, but for the 6-7 years before that it wasn’t, which is why (on average) we’re about 10% worse off than we were in the mid 2000’s.

Re WTO, I can’t decide whether Jamba is serious in that it’s a good thing, or he just realises that’s where we are heading so he wants to get another ‘win’ in (Scots Indy and Brexit).

molgrips
    Free Member

I think mt thinks the economy of a free Yorkshire could be based on exporting comedy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Remind me this a good or a bad thing

Same level as it was 3 years ago. Did the UK fall apart then ? The BoE has an inflation target of 2% (I recall), modest i flation is a good thing not least as deflation is really bad for economies, ask the Japanese.

@b r we should expect to be worse off than we where in the 2000’s as that was a massive debt filled boom with us living beyond our means.

Totally serious about WTO and spending every penny raised on the NHS

kimbers

Totally serious about WTO and spending every penny raised on the NHS

which means less money for the NHS as WTO would leave the country poorer, even brexiters were stating this before the referndum!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-cost-uk-leaving-eu-without-trade-deal-exports-negotiations-david-davis-a7325326.html

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not my view kimbers. The trade opportunities we have outside the EU will more than compensate for the WTO/EU effect, plus as I have said numerous times the EU is headed for a very deep recession so we’d be selling them less anyway.

gordimhor

Hmm my hourly rate has risen by about 2.5% over the last 9 years. Take home pay is down due to a forced reduction in hours, withdrawal of expenses, and reduction of the number of bank holidays my employer recognises ie less days paid at double time.
    Given all of that inflation even at 2% is going to mean cutting my spending somewhere.

ninfan
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 23,361 through 23,400 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.