Viewing 40 posts - 11,601 through 11,640 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • el_boufador

Klunk I agree with you. I am not trying to defend Davis and the position he’s got us into. Just saying that factually, what he said is correct. Maybe I should have said the context is ridiculous though!

GrahamS

“Damn the unpatriotic remoaners”

I actually find that quite concerning. It’s the first step in blaming us when people start feeling the pinch and getting angry.

I wonder what they suggest doing about us? Re-education camps perhaps? Or just start publishing names of “remoaners” and let the lynch mobs do the rest?

kimbers

That Daily Mail headline is mint, worth buying* one just for that, cut it out and frame it 🙂

*Actually I won’t buy one, ever

And Redwood came across as even more unhinged than normal last night when pushed on our negotiating position

Klunk
    Free Member
    kimbers

So Norway model it is then,

We took back control !!! 🙄

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

No,no,no,no,no!
    The increase in trade from the Trump run USofA will pay for this many times over.
    I think I hope.

Klunk
    Free Member

I don’t think the government actually know what their negotiating position is, slowly painting themselves into a corner with a voice in the head saying “you know this is insane don’t you, you know this is insane don’t you”

jimster01

Now there’s a surprise, I’m sure it was all worth it.

igm

We’ll wake up in the shower and find JR isn’t dead. Or something like that.

zokes
    Free Member
    torsoinalake
    Free Member

Not for turning indeed. Pesky Bremoaners.

BoardinBob

Interesting.

I reckon they’ll do an about turn early next year

Super hardcore pro-brexit stance now

Commons debate/ legal challenge

“Look, our hand is forced, we need to re-think this”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

At some point people will wake to the fact that any deal with have an element of contribution and free movement of people. These are red lines for the EU – imagine singing off on exemptions for one country. We might think we are special but we are not that special.

So we end up worse that where we started

Thats what faking control is all about. Madness

just5minutes
    Free Member

These are red lines for the EU – imagine singing off on exemptions for one country. We might think we are special but we are not that special.

But although this is a red line for the Commission and its officials it’s not necessarily a red line for all of the countries / governments in Europe.

And therein is the nub of the issue – The Commission and the 5 x Presidents are not accountable to the countries / people of Europe and can pretty do as they want with no consequences.

Europe clearly has a number of deep seated social and economic problems that require responses. The Commission is not minded to really look at these or develop solutions / policy changes so we’re just left with an increasingly febrile political discussion in many countries across Europe and a backstop threat of “you’re either in or out – take it or leave it but we’re not changing policy” from the Commission.

This isn’t in anyone’s interests and is the problem that needs solving first.

kimbers

Nice message from the principle today,
    shameful that its our own government that he’s talking about!

QMUL is committed to the notion that human knowledge and its pursuit should know no national boundaries. Accordingly we are privileged to welcome to the QMUL community staff and students of many nationalities and their contributions are greatly valued. Recent reports from another institution of restrictions placed by a contractor on the nationalities of academics who may be involved in fulfilment of a contract to provide policy advice have understandably – and quite rightly – caused concern. While we now understand that these reports were based on a misunderstanding, it is important to take this opportunity to state that QMUL would accept no such stipulations. Subject only to justifiable security clearance requirements in isolated instances (applied equally to all nationalities), we will not accept research or contract funding that restricts academic involvement on any basis except expertise and experience. If any colleagues are, or become, aware of any proposals to impose requirements that restrict academic freedom in this way, then I should be grateful if you would inform me directly

Nipper99
    Free Member

The Daily Mail says:

GrahamS

And even more damning:

One wonders what would happen if the Daily Mail Stoßtruppen discovered this cell of unpatriotic remoaning cyclists?

mrhoppy

Popped up on my faceache feed.

Imagine if remain had won by the same margin and the government decided to go ‘hard remain’, Euro, schengen, driving on the rhs, metric distances, etc. People would go apeshit.

This sudden shift in Brexit scope is terrifying and is being driven at a political whim. It’s not what business wants, it’s not what the 48% of those that voted to remain wanted and this version of brexit is unlikely to be what a proportion of the 52% wanted either. So where has this obsession with at all costs sprung from, what it looks like is far more important than in or out.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No but we will be able to control the darkies eastern europeans this time – thats what matters 😯

#someofmybestfriendsareforeigners
    #fakecontrol

zippykona

Which of these ladies did the Fexwits think they were getting rid off?

BruceWee

So Norway model it is then,

We took back control !!!

From what I remember Norway pays roughly 90% per person of what the UK currently pays after rebates and whatnot. Great deal if you ask me.

Although it might require us to join Schengen.

Shackleton

From what I remember Norway pays roughly 90% per person of what the UK currently pays after rebates and whatnot. Great deal if you ask me.

Either you don’t understand the Norway deal or are being sarcastic. What we have now is way better than any deal we will make. At least now we have a say on what happens. As far as I know Norway get f-all say in anything to do with EU policy but still have to foot the bill.

cchris2lou

And Norway as a country SHARE their wealth with its citizen. Can’t see the UK doing that.

kimbers

What we have now is way better than any deal we will makething brexit has to offer us

norway seems like best of a bad lot

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Either you don’t understand the Norway deal or are being sarcastic. What we have now is way better than any deal we will make.

+100

BruceWee

I wasn’t being sarcastic.

Edit: OK fine, I was being sarcastic. A Norway deal would be idiotic but marginally less idiotic than leaving in the first place.

mrmo
    Free Member

as i understand it to follow the Norway model EFTA have to agree to the UK joining EFTA, and Norway are sounding less than happy about that. So that leaves the Swiss model.

BruceWee

You mean the Swiss model that is currently in jeopardy because they had a referendum to limit immigration from the EU?

What does that leave, the North Korean model?

ferrals
    Free Member

Just saw a most humourous facebook exchange:

Poster A: [shares anti-brexit article]
    Poster B: Shut your moaning, if you don’t like it why don’t you move to f-ing Europe
    Poster C: Err, last time I checked, I think Poster A does live in Europe??

😆

BruceWee

Just saw a most humourous facebook exchange:

Poster A: [shares anti-brexit article]
    Poster B: Shut your moaning, if you don’t like it why don’t you move to f-ing Europe
    Poster C: Err, last time I checked, I think Poster A does live in Europe??

Any excuse to post this

zippykona

I am citizen of the eu that is having my citizenship removed against my will. Can I seek protection of my rights from anyone in europe?

cchris2lou

Another u turn as it Government will allow mp to debate the Brexit plans.
    £ recovering a little bit.

GrahamS

as i understand it to follow the Norway model EFTA have to agree to the UK joining EFTA, and Norway are sounding less than happy about that.

Somewhat ironic given that the UK was a founding member of the EFTA in 1960 until we left in 1973 to join the EU. 😆

GrahamS

Maybe he got sick of people playing the man instead of the ball?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sick of the bullying?

molgrips
    Free Member

We played the ball a lot, to be fair.

Shackleton

Maybe he got sick of people playing the man instead of the ball?

Could be, could be. Although he only ever said he had the ball. We never actually saw any evidence that the ball existed.

Maybe there was a picture of a ball on the side of a bus? 😉

zokes
    Free Member

Maybe he’s had an epiphany?

Northwind

zippykona – Member

I am citizen of the eu that is having my citizenship removed against my will. Can I seek protection of my rights from anyone in europe?

If you think you are a citizen of europe, you are a citizen of nowhere. You don’t know how citizenship works!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Like most europeans playing the ball is a speciality 😉 no need to play the man

Viewing 40 posts - 11,601 through 11,640 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.