Viewing 40 posts - 40,001 through 40,040 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • kilo

not bothering to pronounce a persons country correctly repeatedly would seem negative to me but obviously not too racists

kelvin

We are lucky to have Ninfan on hand to explain racism for us.

igm

Ninfan – I’ve lived in England for 25 years, most folk are lovely, but there are some that you can’t say that for.

I don’t know if saying/writing scotchland makes you a full in racist, but it does present you ass bit of an idiot.

Scotch refers to food and drink, as I’m sure you know, not people. Your comments are about the same level as referring to Cockneys as Eellers (‘cos of jelled eels like) or Yorkshire folk as Puddings (I’ll let you work that out) – childish, stupid and low level annoying.

Normally I’d just ignore your stupidity, but you are rather making a thing of it, so here we go.

Insensitive to racist – it’s a spectrum. You’re on it.

ninfan
    Free Member

it’s a spectrum. You’re on it.

Ah, disability jokes

Very right on and tolerant

Poopscoop

I only pop into this thread occasionally and no one replies to my posts as everyone is to involved in the personal vendettas! Lol which is fine…

That said ninfan, your views are actually pretty extreme to be honest and it’s slightly worrying that you actually spend a lot of time defending them.

Just saying.

tjagain

Slightly ot, but I’m sure being a Scot is a nationality, just like being English is.

Disliking/abusing someone for their Nationality isn’t racism,

Eeermm – not according to the law. Its race, religion or ethnic group

ninfan
    Free Member

your views are actually pretty extreme to be hones

Cite

Edukator
    Free Member

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3223081/michael-gove-says-eu-citizens-will-still-be-able-come-to-britain-freely-after-brexit-but-they-wont-have-the-same-access-to-work-the-nhs-or-welfare/

No health care or ability to work, that’s as difficult as it’s possble to make it whilst still letting people walk through the boder (after rigorous checks).

kilo

ninfan – Member

Blair led us into the EU. Handed back a third of the rebate, refused to set safeguards in place on immigration, because they wanted to Rub our noses in multiculturalism.

Not a racist at all. You do realise a spectrum means a range between two points and doesn’t just refer to disability, people use words with several meanings in the grown ups world or are you doing just your usual trolling?

slowoldman

its not hard to pinpoint the time when the EU positioned softened. It could have been a coincidence as they might simply have realised that it was time to stop playing silly buggers after all.

Oh I thought it was the UK position that had softened.

Poopscoop

ninfan – Member
    your views are actually pretty extreme to be hones
    Cite

Your kidding right?

igm

Ninfan – no disability jokes from me. There is a spectrum of behaviour as outlined (no other spectrums referred or implied) – you’re on it.

kelvin

Edukator… a Brexit that enables free movement of workers to continue just isn’t going to happen… and is the biggest loss for us all… trade deal or otherwise… unless Labour change their mind on this, win over a bigger share of the public on this issue, and the current government falls… a lot to ask, unfortunately,

theotherjonv

never mind the disability spectrum or racism spectrum, there’s also a nobhead <–> not-nobhead spectrum and I’ve got a fair idea where a few on here sit on it.

sobriety
    Free Member

Eeermm – not according to the law. Its race, religion or ethnic group

[Pendant]Nationalities are none of the above.[/Pedant]

igm

Sobriety – as I recall it’s been tested in court. The judge agreed with you.

igm

He may or may not have been correct of course.

ninfan
    Free Member

Blair led us into the EU. Handed back a third of the rebate, refused to set safeguards in place on immigration, because they wanted to Rub our noses in multiculturalism

Which of those do you wish to take issue with?

The allegation that Labour wanted to rub peoples noses in diversity isn’t mine, and was linked to in the original post.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Its race, religion or ethnic group

Not nationality then?

tjagain

sobriety – scots count as an ethnic group – but nationality should be in the list as well – my bad

Edukator – that means no healthcare rights for all those brit pensioners in spain the doesn’t it? reciprocal agreements and so on.

kilo

It’s not difficult, get a grown up to explain it to you, off you go now.

ninfan
    Free Member

Nationalities are none of the above

Is Scottish a nationality?

It’s not even a proper country, more of a region really, like Cornish or Scouser

spekkie
    Free Member

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3223081/michael-gove-says-eu-citizens-will-still-be-able-come-to-britain-freely-after-brexit-but-they-wont-have-the-same-access-to-work-the-nhs-or-welfare/

We’re Brits living in Spain and we’re not “entitled” to anything just for being here. We have to have private health care and we don’t have access to any welfare.

So are they not just leveling the playing field?

5thElefant
    Free Member

scots count as an ethnic group

I always thought the wife was part yeti. I’ll tell her it’s normal after all.

Edukator
    Free Member

You had free health care via your EU health card for three months minimum, Spekkie. And as soon as you get a job you get health cover but you’ve decided not to get a job so you’ve overstayed your automatic rights and need to pay for your own health cover. The EU rules are the same all over the EU at present, it’s just that the UK doesn’t like the current rules so wants out.

tjagain

the 1965 Race Relations Act, which refers to less favourable treatment on grounds of colour, race, or ethnic or national origins

A racial group means a group of people who are defined by reference to their race, colour, nationality or ethnic or national origin

dannyh
    Free Member

I suppose I’m going to have whistle for my answer about what the Brexies on here want to be freed from in terms of EU legislation etc and what they want to do with this new found ‘freedom’.

So, I’m going to fill in the blanks.

A lot of Brexies don’t know what they want to do with their ‘freedom’, but they know they hate the EU (but are afraid to admit why).

As for the likes of Jamby and THM, I suppose it is so they and their industries/companies are free from regulation so they can rinse the rest of us with more impunity. That is rinse us as consumers and also employees. Oh and in the race to the bottom, they will be able to offshore more of their cash to avoid like the plague paying anything back into the system to benefit the unworthy.

Saying this out loud, of course, is embarrassing. So the preference is to go down the playground route.

I am being deliberately provocative as that seems to now be the way to get noticed on here.

Is anyone from the pro-leaving the EU side going to answer this **** question?

spekkie
    Free Member

Do EU members living in the UK but not working get access to the NHS?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

EU citizens in the UK will have equal access to social security, health care, education and employment.

Was confirmed this week. Alternatively you can believe the untrue alternative. The choice is yours. Precedent helps if you are unsure and the full report came out this week, not in March 2017

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

note sure why you are asking me Danny. I am democratic remainer not a leaver.

tjagain

spekkie – Non nationals in another country must not be treated less favourably than nationals under EU law. As spanish pensioners in spain get free healthcare the UK pensioners in spain must as well.

However this will be changing now. Those UK pensioners now will get the same rights to healthcare as spanish nationals in the UK ie none.

Its a huge issue for the half million UK pensioners in spain as many of them rely on the free healthcare and simply will not be able to pay for insurance as they will be considered high risk and / or have preexisting conditions.

This may have been fudged but I don’t think so

tjagain

spekkie – Member

Do EU members living in the UK but not working get access to the NHS?

yes at the moment under reciprocal rights

spekkie
    Free Member

Private health insurance isn’t cheap but we had it in SA so having it here wasn’t a big deal. We’d keep it going even if we were working I expect.

I can see how the pensioners might be in trouble though.

Edited because my IPad hates me.

tjagain

dannyh – Member

Is anyone from the pro-leaving the EU side going to answer this **** question?

I doubt it. Hard questions are ignored.

IMO there are some who want a deregulated state as you say. Others just hate furriners and don’t care about the consequences

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Don’t forget spekkie that many werehappy for the UK government to ignore your predicament. Your protection as relatively unimportant. Read back and you will see who they are.

Edukator
    Free Member

Emergency treatment in a hospital yes, otherwise, no. As a French citizen I can use my EU card if just on holiday in the UK. In fact they can be (but are not always) a right royal pain in the arse so I just pay and ask for a bill and then claim back from the French SECU. I have a UK national insurance number which failed completely the last time I tried to use it.

You can walk or get transported inot a hospital anywhere in Europe and they’ll give you emergency treatment (Spain included) it’s then up to you to sort out payment and reclaiming from your own national health service if the EU card isn’t accepted.

tjagain

So did anyone explain to me why they thought that cartoon racist? Or was THM just trying to divert attention along with denying his own banning for racist posts?

tjagain

Not quite right Edukator. Emergency treatment is always free in the NHS for anyone. EU nationals get free healthcare if living here

spekkie
    Free Member

Cheers Edukator.

tjagain

Who will not be charged for accessing the NHS?

You will not be charged for any NHS treatment if you are ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK, or if an exemption to charging applies.
    ‘Ordinarily Resident’

The full definition of ordinarily resident for the purposes of accessing NHS services can be found here and is summarized as follows:

“A person will be “ordinarily resident…” in the UK when that residence is lawful, adopted, voluntary, and for settled purposes as part of the regular order of their life for the time being, whether of short or long duration.”

In practice, you are normally ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK if you are living and working in the UK and are:

A British citizen

Naturalised within the UK

Settled within the UK (commonly referred to as holding Indefinite Leave to Remain)

British citizens/EEA/Swiss nationals who are visiting the UK may be charged for NHS services they receive at the point of accessing care. The final decision to charge will rest with the healthcare provider.
    EU nationals

A valid European Health Insurance Card gives EEA nationals the right to access state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in another European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland:

Anyone insured for healthcare in another EEA member state or Switzerland and who, for medically necessary treatment, presents either a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from that member state or a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) for that card, or, for elective treatment, presents an S2 document for that treatment.

The spouse/civil partner and children under 18 of the above are also exempt when lawfully visiting the UK with them.

https://www.hr.admin.cam.ac.uk/hr-services/relocating-uk/living-uk/healthcare/eligibility-nhs-treatment

Its the bit in bold that gives EU nationals living in the UK the right to NHS free. Edukator fell foul because he was not resident and confused them. should have been free

Viewing 40 posts - 40,001 through 40,040 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.