Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Endura Stealth Extreme tights, any good.
  • jonyb
    Free Member

going by their description these sound great for winter riding. road and mtb. in the wet and cold.
    are they worth £100 though.
    your thoughts please?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Great bit of kit with very limited use imo

Even at strathpuffer i only wore stealth lites.

Wear extremes in -10 commutes but thats about it

Wouldnt suggest them for mtb. Wore my lites out in one puffer. Ok it was solo but it wore rigt through the arse

Keep em for the roads now

jaylaz73

I’ve got some, wore them through three winters now, brilliant! Wear mine from 5 degrees and cooler and am not a cold person at all but find I overheat with too much on top not on my legs. Hate having wet legs on cold days and these keep me warm and dry.

jaylaz73

Trailrat, have you got a saddle made from sandpaper? The arse on mine are still fine after much use in all sorts of shite weather.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Disagree with him massively

Had mine for about 3 years MTB and commuting
    Use in all weather from now onwards if it rains on and off road
    Fair to say muddy grit wont improve the life of them but mine are still waterproof after all this time- I tend to wear waterproof shorts though as well to protect the arse but not on the road bike.
    A mate did have to wash his with DWR after a years ownership or thereabouts iirc
    I dont think you will get a better waterproof personally but it is not perfect but it is the best I have used.

I use lites as well which can be cold but that is due to the fact the water is cold rather than they are IMHO if that makes sense.
    I looked at the extreme and figured too warm. I reckon perhaps 4 or 5 rides a year I wish I had them instead so lites are more versatile

jacob46
    Free Member

http://www.bikelightsuk.com/front_bike_lights/beema_as2000_front_bike_light_2000_lumens_bicycle_light_P600.html

Ide like to see these beaten for the money! Reviewed this month by mtbuk.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Selle slr 165

It was the mud plus sitting for 24 hours that wore them out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No idea how many hours i have sat on mine with a muddy arse but conservatively it is 300 hours [ 5 hours a week x 20 weeks x 3 years]
    Reality is they must be 1000 ish hours use by now- on and off road

jonyb
    Free Member

jacob 46

shoulda gone to specsavers fella.

i said tights not lights.

good deal though.

good feedback , thanks guys.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mud is mud is mud it is not id imagine peakdistrict grit is similar to what i sat on for 24 hrs

Imo you want to be wearing waterproof shorts over for mtb

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Endura Stealth Extreme tights, any good.’ is closed to new replies.