Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Endomondo Question
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Myself and a couple of mates have set up a group on Endomondo.

I’ve even seen it on your website that you can load a route and then follow it on your phone.

However I cant see how you load a route on to your phone that isn’t already there ?

Ta

GrahamS

So.. on the website you can create a Route from a recorded Workout by hitting the “To Route” button. (I recommend making it Private, at least to start with).

It will then be available in the “Routes” page.

Find it on there, select it, and there should be an option at the bottom marked “Download To Phone”, click that.

Now it should appear on your phone when you next do a “Follow A Route” workout.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok I’m onthe page where it shows the workout on a map etc, but I cant see any buttons that say ‘to route’ ?? Where would it be on the page, or am I in the wrong place?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Think I’ve worked it out.

Even though I can view mates workouts, you dont have the functionality to transfer them to routes wheres as I can do it on my own workouts.

GrahamS

Even though I can view mates workouts, you dont have the functionality to transfer them to routes wheres as I can do it on my own workouts.

Yeah just tried that. You’re right. No idea why.
    Either get your mate to create the Route or get them to export it to a GPX file then import it yourself. Or draw it from scratch.

The whole Routes thing in Endomondo is a bit half-hearted if you ask me. I’d much rather see a list of my workouts sorted by Route and be able to compare different rides on the same route.

There doesn’t even seem to be a way to tell if a Workout was following a Route. I’ve raised an issue with them about this but got no response:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/endomondo/topics/how_do_i_know_that_a_workout_followed_a_route

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It gets better, it doesn’t have the functionality to upload routes to mobile on Windows 7 phones 🙁

I think I might well ask the developer about it as hopefully soon I will be BETA testing a new version for them.

GrahamS

Well in that case tell him from me it’s a bit crap. 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OK I will tell HER 🙂

GrahamS

Ooops. A girl? Writing code?? Well no wonder then! *shakes head*

😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo Question’ is closed to new replies.