Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Emergency advice needed from the bike fashion police
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I normally run a bit of inner tube as a chain stay protector. However, I was thinking about using a piece of old tyre instead. Is that allowed for a trail rider in his thirties or is it a bit too jump bike riding mbuk reading twelve year old? Should I just fit some more inner tube and be done with it? Not sure I’m fax to the power gnar to pull it off.

Trekster

Bought a new Panaracer xc pro, got a few miles into first ride and ripped sidewall out of it 🙁
    Decided I was not throwing £25s worth of tyre away and keep it for that very purpose.

In my 50s 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll be cutting up an old tyre then. However, first mocking and I’m going back to inner tube!

PGreen
    Free Member

Use Road Bar Tap. Way forward and it comes in lots of colours. Get some off a roadie mate(if you have one)when they change theirs, not too MBUK.

RealMan
    Free Member

Was riding with a guy today who had a saxobank top on and htc columbia shorts.

Do what you want, the fashion police are busy today.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I have considered self amalgamating tape.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Realman, can you ask them to give me a shout when they’ve got a moment, does sound like they’ve got their hands full.

pitduck
    Free Member

ive got one on my soul and im old 😥

Onzadog
    Free Member

Okay, rather than looking like a 12 year old jump bike riding mbuk reader, will using a tyre as a chain stay protector make me look like and old man* trying to look like a 12 year old jump bike riding mbuk reader?

*no offence intended to the more mature persons who’ve been kind enough to answer my thread/question. 😆

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

You’re in your 30’s and ride a bike for fun, that immediately makes you younger in head and heart.

So no, fvck all wrong with it.

I use a road tube on one of my bikes. It looks good. very…….ribbed.

RealMan
    Free Member

Depends what tyre it is I suppose.

Also,

Not sure I’m fax to the power gnar to pull it off.

What is fax? A really bad attempt at typing rad? Or a new word that I’ve not yet come across..?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Realman, you’ve got me! I was typing that on my new phone and lets just say, it’s not the first time the predictive text has caught me out. It was rad typed worse then it’s ever been typed before.

And the tyre is an old IRC El Gato but none of the orange sidewall is showing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Emergency advice needed from the bike fashion police’ is closed to new replies.