Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Elterwater cave ride
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Domain of the cave troll:

Cathedral Cavern:

with totty too:

Gary_C

Nice images there, Simon!

My shoes are still drying out…..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

heh, mine too 🙂 I was stood in the ford for 10 minutes!

Divagirl
    Free Member

that was a great day out thanks SofB 🙂 – the caves were amazing, you’re an excellent guide – yer coffee was spot on too x

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you’re an excellent guide

she means I didn’t lose anyone this time 🙂

smokey_jo

Just set off without 2 instead 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Just set off without 2 instead

grassed up 🙁 Two who were very (25 minutes) late…

geetee1972
    Free Member

w T F? 😯

Pook

Surf mat’s house = awesome

geetee1972
    Free Member

Seeing people walking down this makes me want to cry! 🙁

geetee1972
    Free Member

You see this is what it’s all about! Makes me want to sell up and move to the Lakes right now!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

w T F?

it’s Fay’s shag waggon nice van 🙂 What’s not to understand?

Seeing people walking down this makes me want to cry!

this is a beginner ride 🙂 Even crazy-legs walked it as he insisted there were too many people in the way!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Simon, it was a ‘how freakin awesome is this ‘WTF’ rather than a what is this WTF!

It’s cool people are walking. We were all beginners at one point. Just makes me cry because I would so love to live up there. Spent so much time in the Lakes as a kid and teenager, just miss it like crazy.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon, it was a ‘how freakin awesome is this ‘WTF’ rather than a what is this WTF!

isn’t it though ? Fay is so cute and obviously not shy about her preferences 🙂

It’s cool people are walking. We were all beginners at one point.

exactly! We foster an attitude where everyone is invited to join in but no one is expected to do stuff they don’t want to. A lot of riders have quickly improved to be much better than me 🙂 [not hard]

geetee1972
    Free Member

Simon – do you live in the Lakes or close by?

I would love to rellocate (not as straight forward as it should be) but have never quite got my head around what people do to make a living in places like this (aside from being involved with the tourist trade).

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I live in Lancaster 🙂 I work as a computer programmer…

lakesrider
    Free Member

I would love to rellocate (not as straight forward as it should be) but have never quite got my head around what people do to make a living in places like this (aside from being involved with the tourist trade).

well apart from the tourist stuff like B&B’s, outdoor shops and tourist attractions theres all the nomal jobs – police / fire / ambulance, teachers, chefs, architects, designers, forestry workers, stone masons, quarry workers, doctors, dentists, engineers, IT workers, etc etc. Obviously not as many as in a big city but still all the normal jobs / trades

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There is cave goblin on the right wall in that first picture.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get a job at Sellafield/BAE or become a farmer

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

There is cave goblin on the right wall in that first picture

yes, we know :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

though actually, that’s just the shadow of the real goblin front and centre 🙂 (AKA fizzer)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Seeing people walking down this makes me want to cry!

BTW that little section was discovered by us, not gavgas who showed us the route in Feb 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

You see this is what it’s all about! Makes me want to sell up and move to the Lakes right now!

what loads of people sat all over the trails? 😉

can i come on a bogtrotters ride? next year is going to be the year of riding other peoples trails and i need to warm up

geetee1972
    Free Member

Is it the bridleway that runs down towards the quarry in Elterwater? The obvious one roughly in the centre of this &searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf]map

Awesome little track that.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Is it the bridleway that runs down towards the quarry in Elterwater? The obvious one roughly in the centre of this &searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf]map

nowhere near 🙂 If you hover the mouse over the grid reference under the picture a map will pop up. It’s Todd Crag above the Brathay. Possibly a concessionary FP (orange dashed line)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ahh, yes I know exactly the one you mean. About 8 years ago I attended a managment training weekend at Brathay and as part of that two of us ran up to the top of the hill overlooking Brathay. Pretty sure we went up that track.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Pretty sure we went up that track.

there are 2, one starts near the Hawkshead junction, the other about 500m towards Elterwater, after the narrow humpback footbridge. It’s brilliant though the half hidden erosion barriers can cause pinch flats.

fizzer
    Free Member

I was going to point out the troll’s on the left in pic 1 but you beat me to it 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

can i come on a bogtrotters ride? next year is going to be the year of riding other peoples trails and i need to warm up

sure thing, just ring me on 07732 929543 to make arrangements 🙂

fizzer
    Free Member

I like Lisa’s name for SFB – SofB wonder if it will catch on here on STW!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and I like “cave troll” for fizzer :o)

but she’s right, I am sof in the head …

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m not sure I’d like to live in The Lakes, too rural and isolated I think…

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Elterwater cave ride’ is closed to new replies.