Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Edinburgh Military Tattoo
  • Harry_the_Spider

Up in Edinburgh next year at the time of the Tattoo. Looking at £200 for even the cheapest seats.

Is it worth it?

willard

That seems excessive. I am not sure we paid that last year, are you going through the official agent?

As for worth it, it’s a pretty inspiring spectacle if you like that sort of ting and the visuals are pretty stunning and unique. Last year was windy AF and cold, but it was still pretty good.

SSS
    Free Member

The website shows cheapest seats about £88?

Last time i went, it was about £60 per ticket. Evening showing, with fireworks. Yes, id go again

hels
    Free Member

Do you like to watch lots of Military types marching up and down to music?  They televise it every year I am sure you can find it on iPlayer to see if it is your cup of tea.  Huge money spinner for the MoD btw.

ratherbeintobago

We’re going in Aug and I think it’s just shy of £500 for four adults and two kids?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Do you like to watch lots of Military types marching up and down to music? They televise it every year I am sure you can find it on iPlayer to see if it is your cup of tea. Huge money spinner for the MoD btw.

I would like a citation for that last bit please. As far as I am aware it’s a charity fund raiser donating to serving and ex serving personnel aswell as contributing to the arts and other projects. As money spinners go not sure a few million is going to go far when then can ask the government for however many billion they get each year. I have no love for the military and strongly object to how much money is spent on them but the tattoo seems like an odd choice to go after on those grounds.

It’s also military types marching up and down WHILST playing the music. It’s quite an atmosphere and short of a piobroch wafting hauntingly over hill and glen it’s an opportunity to hear pipes at their best… Outside and quite far away.

It’s **** cold though do not underestimate that aspect or misery awaits.

redmex
    Free Member

That venue is chilly at anytime of the year, I’ve been there in the middle of June with nipples like organ stops, reynauds white on 8 fingers even though the sun was shining that West wind howls . Envying the organised folk with thick jackets zipped right up with blankets on there knees

The Proclaimers were pretty good

MoreCashThanDash

We’re going this year, but not paid that much.

Eldest has been the last couple of years (he was in a show at the Fringe last year and grabbed a cancellation ticket.) He’s a music student who was looking at the Royal Marine band, so more technical interest than me, but said it’s worth a look.

It can get cold. Do not think too hard at how the stands are just scaffolding cantilevered over the castle walls

franksinatra

Its special event and well worth experiencing it. The backdrop is stunning and seeing the massed pipes and drums pouring out of the castle onto the esplanade is very moving.

Absolutely no way you need to pay £200 for the cheap sets though.

Harry_the_Spider

£200 for 4 of us. Not £200 each.

Cheapest this year are £48. Was basing on that.

Do they do the Gun Carriage Race, or is that the thing that used to be at Earl’s Court?

scotroutes

£200 plus 4 Dryrobes…

They have done the gun carriage race but each year there are different contributions. You might even get a flyover.

joshvegas
    Free Member

£200 for 4 of us. Not £200 each.

Cheapest this year are £48. Was basing on that.

Do they do the Gun Carriage Race, or is that the thing that used to be at Earl’s Court?

Don’t delay. It sells out and tickets become an absolute nightmare to get hold of.

The motorcycle display team used to be good. But then the swiss drum core comes out and everyone might aswell just go home. The line up is published on the website. It’s generally less guns and ammo than the earls court one.

ossify

a piobroch wafting hauntingly over hill and glen

“Skirl” is one of my favourite words.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Don’t think tickets for 2025 have been released yet but 2024 tickets are for sale and you probably want to get booked fairly soon for this year.  Went 2/3 years ago and going again this year.

Wrap up warm!!

Harry_the_Spider

I know 2025 aren’t released. But, we’re going to Edinburgh in 2025, not this year.

Based on this year’s lowest prices I was estimating that 4 of the cheapest tickets would be around £200.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.