Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Eat, Fast and Live Long – Horizon last night…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I’d do it too, but I’ve run out of different coloured pencils for my training calendar.

Red and yellow can be combined to make orange, if that helps.

Oranges, only allowed during the week, tho.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You can get brown if you add all the crayons together.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Could you eat the crayons?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

@DrMichaelMosley “Could you eat the crayons? “

Not on the fast day… too many calories for too little nutrition.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Could you eat the crayons?

Low calorie so you can eat a lot of them.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not on the fast day… too many calories for too little nutrition.

Low calorie so you can eat a lot of them.

We must get our science from different sources. 😉

hilldodger
    Free Member

HoratioHufnagel – Member
    is there a quick summary?

Middle age non-exercising male who eats a large propertion of his calories as “burgers and donuts” gets a few blood tests and thinks he’s going to die of cancer.
    Jetsets around US and tries various fad fasting regimes whilst admitting he doesn’t have the willpower to stick to any diet plan for longer than it takes to make a program for tellybox.
    Next day, popular press and keyboard cutout people seize upon this as the latest way to get “something or nothing”…

..same old, same old – send me £200 and I’ll do you a detailed personalised summary 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oooh you horrible cynic hilldodger.

There’s a couple of forumites that have been doing forms of IF for a while. Hopefully they’ll be able to add something…

hilldodger
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    There’s a couple of forumites that have been doing forms of IF for a while. Hopefully they’ll be able to add something…

…hopefully something useful, maybe with full blood analyses and physio tests to back up any tales of awesomeness 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve just had my 600 calories by eating 2 lemon cheesecakes.

can i stick to just water for the rest of the day…. there’s only one way to find out.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hopefully they’ll be able to add something…

They would do, but they’re too weak to reach the keyboard.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Years ago when I used to be in training this fasting lark was all the rage (and I’m talking 20years ago now) can’t say it’s ever done me any harm (though some may say different) Every fourth day we would fast for a full 36 hours and restrict ourselves to 2 ltrs of water only. It was hard during summer but way harder during winter months. I think my body did have time to absorb all nutrients I’d eaten during that period of training and any “waste” products produced were mainly small and infrequent, which meant to me I was absorbing most of what went in my mouth rather than not digesting all of it but chucking most of it out the other end.
    Can’t say I follow any regime now except drink beer and eat pies.

footflaps

Can’t say I follow any regime now except drink beer and eat pies.

I’m trying that fad diet right now, how long till the weight gains reverse and I start loosing the pounds?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

By the end of the program, esp with the 5 -2 diet thing, it seemed to me that it wasnt eating less made us super healthy just that eating lots makes us unhealthy.

Seems to me that having some days when you dont get enough, or at least not too many, calories should be the default (ie at some time in the year people should struggle to eat enough).

It almost seems like there’s some sort of self destruct mechanism for times of plenty built into mammals (at least). This would make sense from an evolutionary viewpoint as if there is plenty of food you might as well try and get through as many generations as possible so the species keeps evolving.

IanMunro
    Free Member

This tallies in nicely with my theory that pies are an aphrodisiac.

emsz
    Free Member

God I watched this and as soon as he went to California I turned over. I had a couple of them over last year they were absolutely convinced that some food would kill them and eating the right ones would make them live forever as 20 year olds

joao3v16
    Free Member

What’s this obsession with living longer that we’re all supposed to have?

DaRC_L

Thanks hilldodger – I didn’t watch it and am glad it lived down to my (low) expectations.

It’s a bit like at the Dr’s checkup when they suggest giving up beer/biscuits/the occasional smoke to live longer;
    those extra 10 years of senile dementia in a care home are just gonna be sooooo worth it….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahh but fasting prevents dementia too…

Jamie
    Free Member

Apparently, fasting prevents dementia as well.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah, I heard that fasting prevents dementia.

Jamie
    Free Member

I heard that fasting can prevent dementia.

Jamie
    Free Member

Purple sausage washing machine biscuit monkey.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Why are we talking about dementia?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i heard washing biscuits prevents dementia

DaRC_L

How fast to prevent dementia? Is it on Strava?

lazybike
    Free Member

Fasting has been a cure all for thousands of years…

deviant
    Free Member

I just dont get the obsession with longevity, obviously nobody wants to die early but in my job i see a huge number of old people….by and large their quality of life is poor….kept alive my so many meds they must rattle when they walk, loss of memory, loss of continence, loss of mobility etc etc….it doesnt look fun, most people i know who work in health care dont want to live like this, the consensus seems to be a desire to retire healthy, enjoy a good 10-15 years of retirement and then die suddenly….even some of the oldies i see at work tell me they dont want to live anymore!

lazybike
    Free Member

.by and large their quality of life is poor….kept alive my so many meds they must rattle when they walk, loss of memory, loss of continence, loss of mobility etc etc.

why do they keep taking the meds?

deviant
    Free Member

….fear of death maybe? its very much a western thing.

Maybe its the lack of genuine religious belief that there is something after death, i have no idea and am not religious myself….but most people arent good with the idea of death in this country.

lazybike
    Free Member

but most people arent good with the idea of death in this country.

we all know we are going to die…weird to think that one day I will draw one last breath.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Eat, Fast and Live Long – Horizon last night…’ is closed to new replies.