Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • E thirteen cranks?
  • spicer
    Free Member

Anyone using these?

How do the bearings hold up which allow their oversized axle to work in a BB92 frame? I assume it uses smaller bearings to compensate for the increased axle size. Do they last? At £60 a pop I can get 3 regular shimano bb71 bottom brackets for the same price with a ‘regular’ 24mm axle crank.

Or anything else I should be looking at? The new XT looks nice, but with their silly asymetric bolt holes nowhere seems to make a 36t chainring which I’ll run (or expensive if available). SRAM’s comparable cranks look terrible!

austy
    Free Member

I have a set of TRS race cranks on a yeti SB66 with a threaded bottom bracket. I removed the seals and packed the bearing with grease and they have been fine. Fitted about a year ago and still going ok. Rode as my only bike and still spinning despite hearing stories of poor sealing and wearing out quickly.

zero-cool
    Free Member

The GF has a pair of TRSr cranks on her bike and no problems with it creaking or any play. The chain ring seems to be lasting well. It gets ridden regularly no matter what the weather is. The cranks are also still black compared to every pair I’ve owned which quickly became polished silver.

Tom KP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘E thirteen cranks?’ is closed to new replies.