Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 420 total)
  • E bike rant
  • philjunior
    Free Member

What if the Ebike rider always uses less agressive tyres and is a better rider so brakes a lot less

I was going to respond to this and point out that it’s theoretically possible but just won’t happen, but I’d better not as this thread has now got a helmet AND ebike bunfight going on. 🙂

dissonance

I was going to respond to this and point out that it’s theoretically possible but just won’t happen

What about if the e-bike has 27.5 vs 29 wheels?

bunfight going on

One more added.

geex
    Free Member

I was going to respond to this and point out that it’s theoretically possible but just won’t happen

Dude. On my Eeb I run a 2.5″ Minion DHF up front, a Minion SS rear both in dual compound for faster rolling, ride mainly steep Enduro/DH trails and get around 2000 miles from a set of rear brake pads and a lot more than that from a rear tyre.

I didn’t post the question as theoretically possible. I posted it because it’s actually happening.

BillOddie

Based on my experience of eBikers at Cannock Chase and Sherwood Pines…

eBikers are significantly more likely to appear unfit. “Fatties on eBikes…”

eBikers are more likely to be rude and impatient.  I very rarely have issues with people on normal bikes pushing past my kids and I. With eBikes it’s 50/50. It’s got to the stage where my elbows go out when I hear the telltale whirring behind me.

eBikers are significantly more likely to be riding like dicks, skidding all over the place and tearing the trails to shit.

The genie is well and truly out of the bottle with eBikes and I have a horrible feeling it will not end well for mountain biking in the UK as a whole.

bennyb
    Free Member

Oh no not a skid!!!!

BillOddie

It’s not just “a skid”, I witnessed a group of 4 riders skidding their way round every single corner.

I was following them (it wasn’t very difficult to be honest as there was very little speed being carried anywhere) and there was a pattern of full gas on the straight, skid before and through the corner with awful technique and then full gas again.

bennyb
    Free Member

Must of been terrible Ebikers if you were able to keep up!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

cool story bro.

colp

BillOddie, earlier

sirromj

Eeb

No. Only acceptable if you’re Sam Pilgrim and its immediately followed by the word ‘it’. Just for clarity that’s “Eeeeeeebit!” not acceptable in written form. OK?

weeksy

No. Only acceptable if you’re Sam Pilgrim and its immediately followed by the word ‘it’. Just for clarity that’s “Eeeeeeebit!” not acceptable in written form. OK?

I’m gonna use it just to p**s all the sanctamonoius lot off 🙂

colp

eBikers are more likely to be rude and impatient

Sorry, couldn’t be arsed reading the rest of your post

taxi25
    Free Member

Come on you’re getting desperate now there’s not really even any haters on here arguing with you!

Nah… The argument was won ages ago. Chief just likes every “detail” covered.

Do you honestly think anybody wins an argument on the internet 😁. Someone, mostly you geex (e-mtb stuff) goes on and on and on, untill people with an oppossing view get totally bored and move on. Just like me now 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️😂😂😂😂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s a lot of people ‘moved on’ on this thread, but seem to still hang around, posting judgemental drivel…

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s got to the stage where my elbows go out when I hear the telltale whirring behind me.

Do you do that with all riders that are faster than you, or do just default to being a dick to e-bikers ?

BillOddie

Do you do that with all riders that are faster than you, or do just default to being a dick to e-bikers ?

Just eBikers and just when I have my sons riding in front of me.  Experience states that eBikers tend to try and force their way past when there isn’t space.

Never had that issue with someone on a normal bike.

I’ll always get my boys to pull over at the first appropriate place.

bennyb
    Free Member

Just get your boys an Ebike themselfs. Problem solved , and then they can join the cool kids 😉

highpeakrider
    Free Member

Two guys that just want to ride

couchy
    Free Member

I ride regularly at sherwood pines on my ebike and manage 3 or 4 laps a week of the red route as a starter to the riding, I’ve never seen another ebiker being rude and if and when I catch a clockwork bike up I’ll sit behind until they are happy to let me by, it’s not a race so there is no issue. The only aggresiveness I have come across was one rider on a normal bike, didn’t want to let me past which is fine but hurled abuse at me for going uphill so fast. I made sure I passed him close on a downhill section where his bike has the advantage 🙂
    Why do I ride ?, it’s simple it’s for the extra speed I get having assistance, I don’t ride to get fit and enjoy the trails more having the help. I’ve only been ebiking since October having had a normal bike since 2007, time, other hobbies and now a young family meant it never got used. Now when I have a couple of hours I can go and get me an adrenalin fix in between the things normal life requires of me. Since doing this 2 or 3 times a week I have dropped 1/2 stone and gained fitness. So much so I can now enjoy a ride on my normal bike with the family. But I am addicted to the ebike there’s no going back here 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 420 total)

The topic ‘E bike rant’ is closed to new replies.