Dyson Service Cold Call Scam

Home Forum Chat Forum Dyson Service Cold Call Scam

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dyson Service Cold Call Scam
  • Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

I just had a call with someone trying the Dyson Service scam on me. Managed to string her along for about 10mins before giving her a piece of my mind before hanging up. She then called me back to call me ignorant and a time waster!

I don’t think she fully understands how this fraudster/mug relationship is meant to develop!

highclimber

I’ve never had them sorts call back after winding them up – good job, you must have really annoyed them!

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

It was really odd, she seemed really genuinely put out. I should add that i have never owned a Dyson so it was, categorically, a scam call.

When she called back to tell me off I felt justified in deploying the ‘C-bomb’

bigyinn

Classy.

What is the scam exactly? I’ve not heard of this one, yet.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

It could’ve been a mistake – someone could’ve taken down the wrong number or something.

pondo

What is the scam exactly? I’ve not heard of this one, yet.

I hadn’t heard of it, either –

Scam alert for Dyson owners (from 2010)

Gunz

The fact that anyone would pay £150 to have their hoover serviced tells you an awful lot about some of the people who fork over the price of a Dyson in the first place.

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

It could’ve been a mistake – someone could’ve taken down the wrong number or something.

No Chance. She had my name so not a mistaken number.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

She had my name so not a mistaken number.

I’m reasonably sure that most of these cranks are coming via 192, in my case at any rate. There’s a form you can fill out here to opt out of them selling your details for a profit providing a valuable directory service.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

The fact that anyone would pay £150 to have their hoover serviced tells you an awful lot about some of the people who fork over the price of a Dyson in the first place.

It says a lot about vulnerable people and nothing about vacuum cleaners, as is clear in the OP the scammers are calling at random, its just luck when they call someone who is both exploitable and owns the brand of hoover they’ve called about. Even if the intended victim doesn’t own a dyson they can give enough away about themselves in a phone call to make them the target for other scams and they’ll just get a call again in a few days with another attempt. Well done for blaming the victim and patting yourself on the back in one sentence though – almost haiku in its brevity. 🙂

flatback

The fact that Dysons last so long ( mine is 14)and come with a full five year guarantee means that a lot of houses have them. The scamers just pick a street ring everyone in it some people get talked in to booking a service then they call and sell/pressure them to buy fake parts they don’t need, its big business for some nasty people

Gunz

Well done for blaming the victim and patting yourself on the back in one sentence though – almost haiku in its brevity.

Thank you.

Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

Had that a little while back, didn’t realise – at first – it was a scam and then when I had politely declined (sounded just odd) and google’d it, I though “a-ha”

ScottChegg

£150 to have their hoover serviced

It’s not about Hoover, it’s about Dyson. Sheesh.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dyson Service Cold Call Scam’ is closed to new replies.