Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro Roll Call/Weather Watch/Tyre Thread
  • BillOddie

I'll be there assuming this cough doesn't completley knock me out.

Big White Toyota Camper Van with a Ragley Blue Pig on the back.

Weather is looking good.

Will either run WTB Mutanoraptors front and back or Mutano on the back with a WTB Stout on the front.

See you there!

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Birthday group heading out again to celebrate sisters birthday 😉 orange 5 with maxxis crossmarks. Lets hope the sun continues to shine!

foxyrider
    Free Member

orange 5 with maxxis Advantage 2.1's – just in case is a bit sticky and to nail those descents 😉 A group of 4/5 of us 🙂

Nick

On-One 456 with Kenda Dred Treds (all I got since I wore out the Bonty ACXs), camping with the wife and kids for the weekend.

votchy
    Free Member

orange 5 with kenda bg up front and nev on the back, not bothered about the sun but hope it stays dry 😀

TeaBoyPaul

http://www.weather.co.uk reckons its going to drizzle all the way up to Saturday… so I'm ignoring that report!

Whats it like for spectators by the way? Is there plenty of opportunity to spot riders out on the course, or is it more a case of cheering us out, and then waiting for our return?!

As for tyres… SB8s (I know, I'll probably die!)

whytetrash

Silver E5 with Aspens…loving them..It will be dry warm and sunny…I hope!

mcobie
    Free Member

7/8 of us – you will have to try hard to miss the TreadsCC banners 😀

I'll be on my Soul running 2.2 Nobby Nic's.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Spectators will be able to see you entering the forest worlderness and then hopefully emerging at the end. Unless they have a chopper they won't see you in between.
    2.35 Aspen up front 2.1 Crossmark rear.

sheldona
    Free Member

Mango IF SS with Either neo motos or kendas depending on which wheels I slap on it.

PJ266
    Free Member

Rode a fair chunk of the route yesterday. I still ache.

Its gonna be hard work.

sofaking
    Free Member

singluar swift ss. 😳 racing ralph 2.4 up front and something else on the rear. mostly pushing up the hills with the Ayatolla 😳

orena45

Trek Fuel EX8 with Maxxis ADvantage 2.1

Will most likely be right near the back as I'm unfit as ****!

TeaBoyPaul

Is camping at the rugby club? Do they let you park cars with tents or do you have to leave your car in the main carpark?

singlespeedstu

sofaking – Member

singluar swift ss. racing ralph 2.4 up front and something else on the rear. mostly pushing up the hills with the Ayatolla

Well I was going to get my race on.

Might just bimble round with you two slackers now though.

Oh and i'll be on a singlespeed egochariot of some description and it'll have tyres on too.

foxyrider
    Free Member
    sofaking
    Free Member

Well I was going to get my race on.

are the white shoes coming out ?
    i will be mostly slacking as i want to be in a reasonable state to eat my curry in the evening 😆

sofaking
    Free Member

s camping at the rugby club? Do they let you park cars with tents or do you have to leave your car in the main carpark?

cars can be parked with tents

bakey

Racing Ralph 2.25, both ends of a SC Superlight. I'm no way fit enough to ride that course on my SS.

Camping with mates and family nr Dolgellau.

I rather not be pedalling down one of the descents like last year (or was that Builth)

singlespeedstu

i want to be in a reasonable state to eat my curry in the evening

Mmmmmm curry. Paul's booked a table for us all so we can look forwards to Dons usual two naans and a grandpar joke. 😀

Olly
    Free Member

Will most likely be right near the back as I'm unfit as ****!

Team Faff will be in the car park worrying about brake pads and tyre logo alignments well after everyone has left andy, if your with us, fitness is the least of your worries 😉

Trance, dont mention the weather, RACE KINGS to the MAX

orena45

Ah yeah true, I forgot I was joining Team Faff! 😆

sofaking
    Free Member

Mmmmmm curry. Paul's booked a table for us all so we can look forwards to Dons usual two naans and a grandpar joke.

thats the only reason we are coming

turnercraig
    Free Member

I got the pdf faq's from Summit Cycles last week.

It says that the start is in the town and then you ride into the forest, do the loop and then when you get back to where you started in the forest they make a note of your number and time of day. But the official finish is back in the town.

Does your individual time stop at the end of the forest or in the town???

PJ266
    Free Member

In town! No slacking. SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT.

(Honestly though, in the forest)

turnercraig
    Free Member

Ha ha, that's what I didn't want to do… get out of the forest and sprint like a madman into town on the road for no reason!!

I will be riding a Giant Trancex with Panaracer Cinder 2.25 tyres(perhaps should have gone with something a bit more 'racey')

sofaking
    Free Member

I will be riding a Giant Trancex with Panaracer Cinder 2.25 tyres(perhaps should have gone with something a bit more 'racey')

its not a race its a survival test 😯

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I came off in 06' and ripped my cruciate ligament and lost most of the skin off my knee and rode the reamining 30km – do I win the prize 😉

turnercraig
    Free Member

Sofaking – I know and I definantly won't be racing, like you say just trying to get round at all!!

I just meant something a bit more faster rolling for the uphills.

sofaking
    Free Member

the up hills are for walking and chatting 😆

turnercraig
    Free Member

That's what I like to hear!!

Do they use some lot of the Climachx or are the descents mostly 'off piste' stuff in the forest?

CheesybeanZ

i`ll mostly be pushing an orange 5 with kenda nevs front n back . might be niche and ride the climbs and walk the descents 😯

Surfr
    Free Member

Orange ST4 with Rubber Queen 2.2s. I'll be the fat one blowing out of my hole all the way around.

postierich
    Free Member

Sunn Enduro SS 2.2 Rubber Queens riding to win!
    Number of the curryhouse please for friday night!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Right ive decided. I'm being antiniche and ghey and bringing some bounce and gears with tyres on. Can I still pretend to laugh with you guys at dons indian hilarity even though we heard it last friday night. May do some hill walking too. Mat, any particular colour frock you'd like me in ?

dreednya

Mojo and 2.2 black chilli Rubber Queens with sealant were fine for a thrash round the potential course yesterday :), but I have ripped the sidewalls on two occasions up there, but only because it is so dry and fast in the slatey ruts 🙂

m_t_b
    Free Member

Yeti 575 with an ardent 2.25 on the front and at the mo an aspen on the back but thinking of changing to 2.25 ardent on back and 2.4 ardent on front as I feel a little shaky with aspen on rear its just too light to be tough enough for the Dyfi! Its gonna rain… its Wales.

singlespeedstu

Can I still pretend to laugh with you guys at dons indian hilarity

If you do laugh you'll be the only one.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

Worryingly SS on a Swift, I was knackered last year with 27 of those gear thingies. A strange decision that I am not sure of the reason for 😕

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Had to sell on my entry after braking my collar bone, all I can say is don't use the factory Bontrager tyres that come on a Trek Remedy 8 there lethal even when its dry. If you ever Demo one bring your own tyres. 😈

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro Roll Call/Weather Watch/Tyre Thread’ is closed to new replies.