Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro Roll Call/Weather Watch/Tyre Thread
  • ginsterdrz
    Free Member

See you at the back!

senorj

crikey.
    just been packing me stuff for camping this weekend.
    Going down after work tomorrow.
    How much stuff!?
    Am I the only one?
    This is me first camping trip that hasn't been to a music festival in
    years.The only supplies required then were illegal ones!

Say hello if you see a stressed out fella in a black tatty clio
    cursing his tent. 😀
    J.

BillOddie

Looks like it might be a smidge wet overnight Saturday going into Sunday but Sunday doesn't look too bad.

walla24
    Free Member

yup been rainin a fair bit today…gettin those trials nice and slippy!

on a more humerous note, would anyone be able to lend my friend a helmet for the event in exchange for beer?

he has decided that a full face is probably not the best plan he's had all year 😀

frazjones

bring warm clothing if you are camping this year,it's gone much colder the last couple of days!the boys have started marking the course, new addition should bring some arse contraction! everything shaping up for another classic.

Surfr
    Free Member

The more I hear about this fabled World Cup Decent, the more my sphincter tightens!

Planning an on-foot inspection tonight/tomorrow to allay my fears (or more likely confirm them)

Has anybody noticed that there are no photos of any of the Dyfi decents on the web?

Olly
    Free Member

Oi Walla.
    i can bring my piss pot if you like….

foxyrider
    Free Member
    Olly
    Free Member

Last night, the trails were as good as they get, dry, dusty and smooth.

Ahahah!!! yeah RIGHT are they gonna be dry and dusty on sunday

foxyrider
    Free Member

😳

whytetrash

Ground still baked hard here despite the rain…been dry for a month gonna suck up a lot of rain……saying that some bits of the Dyfi are like the somme!

dazh

The more I hear about this fabled World Cup Decent, the more my sphincter tightens!

Hey I've done that descent but didn't know it was (in)famous and had a name! Anyway, yes, if that's on the route then carnage awaits. Just thinking about the last exposed steep bit sends shivers down the spine!

orena45

Muddy tyres + slippery slate + general wetness = me wondering whether to wear knee pads (just in case like) 😕

Alternatively, a can of MTFU might be more appropriate!

Surfr
    Free Member

I think knee pads at the Dyfi would be quite appropriate. I'm sure dreednya would agree. I'll certainly be wearing mine.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I came off in 08' on that descent and removed most of the skin off my knee and ruptured my cruciate as I was blowingoutmyarse and knackered 🙂

TeaBoyPaul

Crikey, you lot are making it sound like some kind of War of Attrition! Will anyone actually make it to the end?!

Surely it CAN'T be any worse than much of the other riding in that part of Wales?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not its not 🙂 I was only adding that in for effect – just an awkward fall when I was tired 😉 I did compete the race with a kneckered knee (extra 30Km ) just couldn't move it much after that 🙂

TeaBoyPaul

Phew! I've convinced a friend of mine to sign up for this and it will be his first enduro type event (or event of any kind).. I don't want to have to take him back in too many pieces or he might not want to play anymore!

PJ266
    Free Member

World cup descent is ace, glad theyre putting it in!!

Its gonna be carnage!! 😀

whytetrash

Umm it is tough…main issue is volume of bikes…turn some sections into slip slidy quagmires…fell off laughing too much in some places last year…overtook a nun…as you do 😆

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sure its technical but more so when your super tired 🙂

Freester

Just got an email from the organisers…

Camping: Open from Fri PM. All dogs must be on a lead. Sorry, but the farmer has asked for no BBQ’s, please do not jeopardize future use of the field. Showers are available up to 6.00PM at the leisure centre for £1.00. Please take all rubbish and recycling to the skip by the field entrance.

No BBQ's. WTF? A bit late to tell us now.

foxyrider
    Free Member

How about a gas fired stove with a grid on it?

dazh

Crikey, you lot are making it sound like some kind of War of Attrition!

Don't worry, there nothing that isn't perfectly do-able for your average weekender. Having said that though, the descents are more dangerous and technical than other enduro-type events I've done like the roughride, Grizedale and Whinlatter, especially when you add in mud, water, loose slate, lots of other riders and plenty of adrenaline!

foxyrider
    Free Member

+1 dazh 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Just been to see it and It's all doable. There are some STEEP sections but they are short lived and rollable. Biggest problem will be traffic.

turnercraig
    Free Member

Does it use any of the Climachx?

I've done that loads of times but never done any of the 'off piste' stuff in the Dyfi Forest.

martyntr
    Free Member

Turnercraig – They used "better late than never" in reverse 2 years ago, and some of the fire road links. As a rule the organisers don't use much of the Climach-x course though..

Biggest problem will be traffic.

By the time we get there, there'll be no problem with traffic Dan… 😉

turnercraig
    Free Member

I havn't done the Dyfi before but I can imagine that if the descents are quite technical there will be a lot of walkers??

All good fun though

plecostomus
    Free Member

Woop woop I'm driving up after work tomorrow just finished packing hopefully be there by 8 so ifyou see a hood rat style vectra come for a cider oh I'm running a high roller and a ardent.

GrahamA
    Free Member

Sorry, but the farmer has asked for no BBQ’s

Are we talking about disposable BBQs that burn the grass or any BBQ? I'm assuming its any type of BBQ

TheSwede
    Free Member

I would imagine he means no setting light to any thing arn muy laaand.

njm

I've done what I think is called the World Cup Descent, but when it was nice and dry and there was no one around. I can't imagine doing it when it's wet and muddy and covered in bikes.

Although I don't imagine they'll be many bikes around by the time I get there at least.

BillOddie
    TheSwede
    Free Member

Sunday looks ok. Metcheck has been wildly wrong for the last few months.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/20?&search=machynlleth&itemsPerPage=10&region=world&area=Machynlleth

Surfr
    Free Member

It's dry in Aberystwyth right now but it started raining in the Dyfi Forest last night just as I was leaving. Trails will be dampened down a little but not badly I'd imagine. Depends what tonight's scheduled rain does though. Only a couple of millimeters forecast

chiefP
    Free Member

Tomorrow looks better but as for today and tonight…….

Today:
    A mainly dry start but it won't be long before showers develop, becoming widespread and often heavy by lunchtime, with thunder likely. These are expected to continue through the afternoon then, perhaps becoming most concentrated across central Wales by dusk. Maximum temperature 13 °C.

Tonight:
    Heavy showers continuing for many places at first, gradually become confined to southeast Wales later in the night and clearing most places by dawn. Clear spells developing away from showers.

Viewing 37 posts - 81 through 117 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro Roll Call/Weather Watch/Tyre Thread’ is closed to new replies.