Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Dumping Facebook 'friends'
  • lodious
    Free Member

One of my Facebook friends, (who I was friendly with when I was about 10 years old) has started positing right wing racist messages with violent overtones. There is a good chance I will bump into him on a night out, so I don't want to piss him off, but I don't really want to know what he's up to, or have anything to do with him. What's the cowards way of severing the 'friendship'?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just remove them, I doubt he will notice.

iDave
    Free Member

why don't you tell him he's binned for being a ****? why do you not want to piss off someone who is a) not a friend of yours and b) is also a phucktard?

Rich
    Free Member

If you really don't want to remove him from your friend list, then another way to stop seeing his messages is 'hide' everything from him.

Might as well just remove him though IMO.

TN
    Free Member

I removed a FB friend when he complained about something another friend had written on my wall. I explained to him that I still liked him but that his comment had really upset me, that I wasn't going to censor what other friends thought and that I thought it best therefore if he didn't see it.
    We still talk, meet up for a cuppa and email, all is fine.

Equally though, if this guy is being an arse, just defriend him. If he has a problem with it, tell him exactly why.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I recently did this for different reasons – the 'friend' was trying to peddle some skincare range he is an agent for and would send me messages via 'Book saying 'Hi Mike, how are the family? By the way, have I told you about this new moisturiser…' so I just defriended him without a word but he has just sent another friend request thinking he accidentally defriended me. I just ignored it.

If he ever asks in person I shall just plead ignorance and say I have no idea what is going on.

lodious
    Free Member

why don't you tell him he's binned for being a ****?

because i'm scared he will pull my ears off 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just de-friend him, he won't notice. IF he does notice, tell him he's an idiot. Grow some 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dump him, why do you think he'd even care?

CK beat me to it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I've been amazed at some of the views I've seen quite openly broadcast by facebook 'friends'

satsoma
    Free Member

I got fed up with the majority of Facebook friends the other night and deleted 200 people.

I don't think anyone noticed…which proves that I'm either horribly unpopular or just should have not been friends with them in the first place 😉

tails
    Free Member

I don't have 200 "friends" so don't add them in the first place.

tails
    Free Member

Anyway where are the facebook haters, they should be here by now.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I got fed up with the majority of Facebook friends the other night and deleted 200 people.

boasty I-had-loads-of-Facebook-friends person! I only have half that number to start with…

Aristotle
    Free Member

Anyway where are the facebook haters, they should be here by now.

not hate, just apathy

hora
    Free Member

I knew someone who might have been mistaken for a friend who used to send me those immigrant/thinly-vielled racist email 'jokes' then she said 'she had a bad day because of the ****'. At that point I told her not to speak to me again and why.

Just delist him as a friend and ignore the ****.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Some time back I got a friend request off someone with the same name as me. My surname is particularly rare – I can trace my lineage to everyone I've ever met with the same name – and my Christian name isn't particularly common.

This guy had just searched for his own name, found me and thought it would be nice to add me. We had a bit of banter, worked out how we were distantly related by marriage, and I thought it would be fine to have my only namesake in the world as a friend.

It turned out he was a raging homosexual, into piercings and tats, but hey, I'm broadminded.

Then he started accidentally tagging my name instead of his own in drunken photos – again, not a problem, just untagged them.

I decided to delete him when I got a text message off a female client asking if it was really me that was tagged in that horric video involving blood-soaked anal play and a pellet gun; and if it had hurt much and had I recovered!!!

I'm a little more selective now.

iDave
    Free Member

so was it you and did it hurt?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Haha, couldn't sit down for a fortnight!!! 😮

falkirk-mark

I find it hard enough posting/ making my business known on here at times without having people I hardly know able to access photos and allsorts else ( Its a noseybar$tewards paradise).

Wozza
    Free Member

has started positing right wing racist messages with violent overtones.

Mate, I bin people for having pictures of either their car or their kids as their profile pictures… i'd say this was reason enough.

Trimix
    Free Member

I once opened a FB site to see what the fuss was all about – realised it was not for me and then ignored it for ages and ages. To me a friend is someone I ride my bike with, otherwise I cant really call them a friend.

Simple, plus if I ride my bike with them I dont need FB.

bassspine
    Free Member

trimix: I only joined FB because it is handy as a tool for hooking up with far-flung mates to organise rides. So it can have a practical use 🙂

hora
    Free Member

FrenchJuan once came up in the 'friends that you might know' section of FB so I thought hey just click add.

He took this as some sort of personal afront/social faux pas and ranted about it on here.

Some people need to chill abit more. Its FB. 😆 🙄

wheelz
    Free Member

I discovered today that one of my friends on Facebook is also friends with simonfbarnes*.

I assume I should de-friend him immediately…

😀

*This is actually true!

hora
    Free Member

Everyone should be friends with SFB. I dont think hes a bad bloke and he puts something back for others (newer riders).

I don't care if Im called a brown-noser. I've only met the fella once but I'd happily buy him a pint.

(This is starting to sound homo-erotic)

binners

Hora. I've taken your advice and deleted you from facebook on account of you being a ****!!!

hora
    Free Member

You better not have otherwise I shall come round and twist your bad hand!

rOcKeTdOg

you don't have to have a facebook account, you can delete it (unless you are a teenager then, yes it's very important to have as many facebook friends as possible)

Northwind

Do you actually get told when someone unfriends you? Or declines a friend request?

Also, why isn't there an Enemies option?

hora
    Free Member

Binners, if I drive my new car down your road your neighbours will think Uncle Khalid is coming to visit 😆 🙄

Rich
    Free Member

Northwind-No.

There is a 'block person' option.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've only met the fella once but I'd happily buy him a pint.

a) it was someone else
    b) I hate beer

Northwind

Rich, cheers. Time for friendageddon then I think

OmarLittle
    Free Member

speaking as a 19 year old swedish lesbian who likes to cyber and swop hawt pics i have to delete friends all the time – there are just too many loser men with fake hot lesbian profiles 🙁

Shibboleth
    Free Member

hora – Member
    (This is starting to sound homo-erotic)

Homo, yes. Erotic? No.

Mackem

Just change your status declaring your love for a black lass. He´ll defriend you, job done.

satsoma
    Free Member

boasty I-had-loads-of-Facebook-friends person!

Hardly boasting…I've got better things to boast about than Facebook friends.

I just moved around a lot when I was a child and therefore have a lot of old school 'friends'. I just happened to delete most of them the other day.

yunki
    Free Member

I had a similar problem with a couple of people on facebook..
    One very nice family that ran our local pub for a while and I'm quite close to moved away and decided to run for local government in their new and very white british area under the BNP banner..

I clicked next to their name in the news feed to hide all their posts.. Their foul and bestial Nick Griffin rhetoric was putting me off my cornflakes in the morning.

I debate with them on the issues whenever I feel strong enough to stomach it and ask after the kids but keep them at arms length a bit more than I used to.. it is after all only politics and not real or relevant to our friendship.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Why don't you change your name and start a new life with a new Facebook page?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Dumping Facebook 'friends'’ is closed to new replies.