Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • DX P7 MTB light!
  • sherry
    Free Member

Where can I get the DX P7 handlebar mounted light in the UK? Or is best to ship from the US. Cheers.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If its DX it'll be from Hong Kong. They just price in USD. Shipping takes a few days but they're pretty good.

grumm
    Free Member

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

I ordered mine 10 days ago and it's only just gone to 'packaging' from 'waiting for supplier' – but it looks like they have got a new load in so if you order now hopefully it won't take too long.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Do you end up having to pay duty and VAT on top of the advertised price, or is it just the luck of the draw with HMRC?

grumm
    Free Member

Never have before with DX but I suppose you might be unlucky.

BTW just noticed that this morning it said 'in stock' for the light I linked to, it's now saying 'ships in 2-5 business days' which is what it said when I ordered and has taken 10 so far.

z1ppy

bought 2 'normal' torchs from DX last years, a number of my m8's also bought them in groups of 2 and one group buy of 5 and never been charged by customs.

Ordered mine on the 15th, was despatched on the 16th, I believe they tried to deliver it yesterday (Can't remember anything I else have on mail order), gunna have to wait until Saturday to find out [to get to the sorting office]…Doh!

was
    Free Member

I ordered mine on Sept 7th, notified it was shipped Sept 18th and am hoping it wioll arrive before the next ice age.

FWW I've bought stuff from dealextreme before and its arrived within a week. I think they have had some hurricanes over there which may have delayed things.

Duty and VAT – I think if the value is less than £100 then they don't bother chasing it up.

benjag
    Free Member

If the total is less than £32 then no import duty is due. Just split the order to keep the value down (unless 1 item is over £32)
    Hmm looks like the rules might have changed, import duty over £7 and vat over £18

tinsy
    Free Member

Is it any wonder they are probably selling all they can make. Patience.

grumm
    Free Member

Ordered mine on the 15th, was despatched on the 16th,

No fair – I ordered mine the day before and it's still not been sent yet. 👿

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply's, I worked the VAT out to be £10 @ 15%, with no duty. I recently purchased some forks from the US and I only paid VAT and UK delivery. I think I will go with dealsextreme. The duty calculator I used is here: http://www.dutycalculator.com/?gclid=CIeP2NSBiJ0CFVtm4wodylk9bw . Cheers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘DX P7 MTB light!’ is closed to new replies.