Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DT Swiss skewers loosening?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I got a set of DT Swiss 440 hubs badged as Magura FRs. They came with a pair of DT Swiss (again badged Magura) skewers. Twice at the end of fairly gnarly rides I got the feeling that the quick release levers weren’t nearly as tight as they were at the begining.

I’ve never had a QR skewer issue in twenty seven years of riding. Is this a problem unique to DT Swiss QRs?

cinnamon_girl

It’a a shame that old threads can’t be retrieved as this was asked a few months back! I have genuine DT QR’s and had concerns, a lot of folk felt that they were not up to the job and advised replacing them.

I then realised that the problem was the way that I tightened them, ie the lever needs to be held whilst you turn the nut until it’s tight. Then turn the lever so it should then be super-tight. But I have had the odd occasion when I can’t get it undone and resorted to using pliers!

In fact perhaps what I should do is check them mid-ride so see if they need tightening because I’m sure they sometimes they seen slightly looser at the end of a ride. But I definitely don’t do gnarly rides so can understand your concern.

Hope this makes sense but am not sure if it answers your question!

blaggers
    Free Member

My DTSwiss rear skewer was forever loosening, ended up with a knocking noise mid-ride, and a loose rear wheel! I couldn’t ever get it to work right, so replaced it with a shimano. Just about to replace the front as well, as I’ve lost faith in them.

kevin1911

Me too! Me too! On two different sets of DT wheels! And all this time there was me thinking it was me being a weakling

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yep they’re no good. I’ve replaced mine with Shimano QRs

firestarter
    Free Member

I had this problem a few times so i stripped them down cleaned and greased them up and been spot on since

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss skewers loosening?’ is closed to new replies.