Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dt rev spokes Q
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

I have used rev's on a wheel build on my Campag hubs on my road bike and the rear wheel would keep going out of true, problem solved when I changed the drive side spokes to DT Comps.

So my question is are they up to use on my disc wheels on my s/s considering the hubs are zero dished??

Or would I be best sticking to DT Comps??

Ta in advance

clubber
    Free Member

Revs are harder to build with because they wind up because they're so thin. Not inherently a problem but you need to be very careful destressing the wheel once it's built to make sure they're fully unwound. Strength-wise, they seem absolutely fine though.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They're alright for raceday/skinny helium boned mincer builds (will be contrdicted by 16 stone freeriders who do 15ft to flat with no problem) but I'd stick to comps/supercomps tbh.Its only 61g difference.

saladdodger
    Free Member

61g fair point the dust on my tyres weigh more

ok I was being a bit daft

perhaps Comps do make alot more sense less fuggin about

Marmoset
    Free Member

I went with comps when faced with the same question on my wheels – not much weight saving given the potential problems with re truing

oxym0r0n

Comps on the back, Revs on the front on my SS and have been no problems…

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Super comps are easy to work with and not much heavier than Revs.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I'd have used Comps if I was building a wheel for someone of your "generous" proportions 😀 (only joking mate).

saladdodger
    Free Member

Dibbs are you testing my "sensative side" 😐

you old bugger 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dt rev spokes Q’ is closed to new replies.