Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • DSLR People.. one lens to rule them all…
  • avdave2

Cartier Bresson seemed to manage pretty well on a 50mm prime but I guess he wasn’t as good as us. don’t have a DSLR but I do have a nice 28-70 f2.8 sigma for the FM2 though I haven’t used it in years. Prime lens I’d go for a 35mm on a 35mm camera or a full sensor DSLR.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Cartier Bresson seemed to manage pretty well on a 50mm prime but I guess he wasn’t as good as us.

I think we can take the reverse case that the better the photographer, the more they can overcome the limitations of the equipment 🙂 I recall once seeing Jo Cornish forced to use a mobile instead of his 8″ plate camera. He still mounted it on a tripod :o)

avdave2

sfb I don’t think many people realise just what a difference a tripod can make. Can’t beat a Gitzo and a cable release. Oh and a mirror lock.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sfb I don’t think many people realise just what a difference a tripod can make

yeah, it turns a quick shot into an epic 🙁

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Wouldn’t say it was one lens for all, but certainly do get a nice pic from my 50mm f1.7

darkeneddreams
    Free Member

I only have one lens for my Canon 18-55mm but I’d love to try the 10-20mm suggested. Had a wide-angle on an old pentax slr and loved it.

Maybe the 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM lens looks awesome but a tad expensive.

oxnop
    Free Member

Ill second one_happy_hippy’s comment. I just use my Sigma 24-70 2.8 only downside is that its massive and heavy.

sparkywalts
    Free Member

Has anyone got a zoom lens 50-200/300 they want to sell to fit a sony a200? I am after a low aperture.

😀 Thanks

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I am after a low aperture

do you mean a small number ? = big diameter lens

dooge
    Free Member

You mean a large aperture, as in large hole to let light through, so a low F number. Sigma were doing their standard 70-300mm to fit the Sigma for £160 before Xmas in Jessops, look on Ebay and Warehouse Express for good prices though.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘DSLR People.. one lens to rule them all…’ is closed to new replies.