Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Drumlanrig
  • Liftman

Anyone been recently, is the first black section still closed for logging ?

vmgscot

Not sure right now but I rode a couple weeks ago and you can still head off around the first black but the very top section was taped off (just after the nippy climb – The Old Vic). But you could easily follow landrovers tracks and join again just before the descents (Whoopy Doo, etc).

I also took a sneaky walk where they were logging and the old trail is completely being remodelled with some ‘interesting’ new features 🙂

BoardinBob

Is Rik still there? I’d heard he was up at Comrie but wasn’t sure if that’s permanent?

jamesmio
    Free Member

Was there on Sunday but didn’t do the Black I’m afraid – that said I didn’t notice ANY ‘Closed’ signs.

Couple of trees down along the red, but all in all it’s riding really nicely.

Oh, and we bumped into, and had a chat with, Rik as we were heading back to the car which I guess answers the ‘is he still there’ question.

Northwind

I know he’s been doing work at comrie but as far as I know he is (or was) digging there as a contractor rather than relocating.

(any drum fans that haven’t been to comrie- go to comrie. It’s not the same but if you like one I reckon you’ll like the other, they have a similiar feel.)

citizeninsane
    Free Member

(any drum fans that haven’t been to comrie- go to comrie. It’s not the same but if you like one I reckon you’ll like the other, they have a similiar feel.

^This

Comrie is rockin’! The top sectons of red and black are a bit more natural and techy, in a similar kind of way to Drum. The blue section down to the bottom is super flowy, with loads of pumps, berms and jumps. I especially like the little gap jump over the burn.

There’s a little skills area to play on with a pump track, and the coffee and cake from the tea room are ace. Not sure about opening hours for the tea room over winter, was closed when I was there just before Christmas. Disappointed at being denied carrot cake. 😡

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Drumlanrig’ is closed to new replies.