Home Forums Bike Forum Drones for MTB – DJI Mavic Pro 2

• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by aide.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Drones for MTB – DJI Mavic Pro 2
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

We’re thinking of buying this drone to follow us mountain biking, that’s the main reason anyhow. Can anyone advise how this stacks up against others? I’ve read so many reviews but still don’t know if this is the best option for the price for mountain biking and if it has everything to follow (while avoiding trees etc.!) in its original box. Thanks very much in advance.

richmars

Have you seen DC Rainmaker reviews?:

Not the Mavic Pro 2 but I don’t think that’s any better.

Davesport

Skydio is the only sensible purchase if you want it to successfully follow you. I’ve tried the follow function on my Mavic 2 Pro, it works some of the time in ideal conditions but looking at the Skydio footage from McTrail Rider there’s no contest. It’s not officially available in the UK yet but buying a Mavic to fulfil this role would be a waste of time & money.

welshfarmer

martymac

I came here to post the same thing, I’ve seen mctrail riders videos on YouTube too.
    Do you have a friend in the us who can help?

aide

Been watching Mctrail riders videos as well, that skydio looks awesome and takes great footage. Fairly sure he got rid of his dji mavic as it was hit and miss for him. I’d be tempted to find an American friend if I was looking for a drone.

z1ppy

saw this post and had to come post about McTrail rider’s Skydio 2 video, they make it look like he has a professional camera team following him, it is unbelievably impressing. Though the spin round view almost gives me motion sickness, bit too quick, and the back ground started to look fake. This is only his 2nd video, so still early days.
    (For me) Slow that shot down a bit and brilliant bit of picturesque footage, but there no doubt the follow cam option is superb.

welshfarmer

What I find most impressive in the Drone footage is how it gets absolute voice synchronisation with the action. Obviously the sound must be taken from his phone or some linked controller on his person and is time stamped to the drone camera footage. Not sure how else it works.

DickBarton

That Skydio drone looks absolutely fantastic and the results in those 2 videos are great. I’m now thinking I fancy a new toy – got absolutely no use for it and I don’t ride fast enough to justify the quality of the image, but it does seem to work incredibly well.

In my head I have a few places where I think a drone would be great, but the reality is the rider it would be filming wouldn’t make it look great at all…it would be wasted for me, but it is still something I’d like a shot of.

I’m guessing the audio is coming from the GoPro on his chest…so he’ll sync the audio from that video file with the one from the drone and make a single file from them both.

aide

@welshfarmer, I’m sure he does the double clap trick to get his drone/camera/gopro to all sync up on the audio track when it comes to editing it, sound off gopro visuals off any camera. Think he does it in one of those videos above

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Drones for MTB – DJI Mavic Pro 2’ is closed to new replies.