Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Don't think this has been asked before…winter boots for flat pedals?
  • yoshimi

Yes I know but…

How do MT91’s work on a flat pedal? I know the cleat recess is covered but what is grip like? Looking at these versus some Merrell MOab Mid GTX with Vibram soles

ton

Danny, 5/10 exum guides.

yoshimi

Nice! Are they waterproof?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Surely any waterproof walking boot would be perfect.

ton

Danny they are indeed mate, and very warm.

http://theoutdoorgearshop.co.uk/acatalog/Five_Ten_Exum_Guide.html

MSP
    Tracey

I have some gortex hiking boots bought for £15 in a sale and had the soles recovered with 5-10 stelth rubber from here http://www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk/cycling_mtb_shoe_repair.php

yoshimi

Thanks for the replies – I was planning on holding out till Xmas for my wife to treat me to some, in that case i think those Exums guides would have won out, but as theres still lots of riding to be done between now and then, I’ve just picked up some el cheapo HI-Tech waterproof mid height boots with a Vibram sole from Field and Trek (£42).

Not sure what to expect but for this weather they’ve got to be better than my sieve like Tevas!

Northwind

glasgowdan – Member

Surely any waterproof walking boot would be perfect.

Most will be pretty useless- soles designed for grip in mud etc tend to be very poor on flat pedals (for the same reason that flat pedal shoes tend to have pretty flat soles)

yoshimi

Theyre sort of the flat type walking boot grip if that makes sense

Northwind

Minion shoes!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Don't think this has been asked before…winter boots for flat pedals?’ is closed to new replies.