Viewing 40 posts - 15,761 through 15,800 (of 23,146 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • funkrodent

Fascinating stuff. Caught a lot of the testimony and subsequent questioning. Reps fixating on lack of actual quid pro quo (almost as if conspiracy isn’t a crime) and more importantly that Snodland can’t definitively pin an order to do this on Trump. Whether or not their fighting rearguard will be enough to influence the court of public opinion remains to be seen. For it’s there that this will play out. The House of Reps will vote for impeachment, no question. Whether the Senate convict (or make him an offer he can’t refuse, a la Nixon), is dependent on whether he is deemed to be an electoral liability. They all know he’s guilty, its whether or not the great American public care that counts, and unfortunately the jury is very much out on that..

Northwind

Trouble is, that doesn’t actually matter. As long as they think they can just ignore it and win the next election, he could individually **** every republican member of the senate’s mum, wife and daughter and they’d still defend him. And while the impeachment case seems to be pretty much rock solid, they’ve managed to convince enough people that it’s about Joe Biden trying to stop from being caught doing fraud, and that if trump broke the rules it’s only because the rules are wrong, that it’s definitely still in play… TRuMP IS fITEINg CRRUPtION

Desperate times tbh. The current lot would have done the same for Nixon

MoreCashThanDash

Am I the only one wondering if the fixation with Prince Andrew is distracting attention from another friend of Epsteins impeachment problem?

Pigface
    Free Member

Trump appears to be made of Teflon, nothing seems to stick.

tjagain

there are apparently 8 Republican senators who are not standing for another term. that 8 who could easily vote against Trump

Its very noticeable how senior republicans are in hiding right now. Once they decide Trump has to go we will see a deluge of republicans coming out against Trump

Its already clear that Trump is becoming and electoral liability. Once its even more obvious then he will be toast ( I hope)

mattyfez

Only because he creates another shit storm so everyone forgets about the last shit storm, he’s a crazy moron and people are buying it

jjprestidge
    Free Member

It’s all finally starting to unravel.

JP

tjagain

Its great entertainment for sure

What gets me tho its far from the worst thing he has done or the most corrupt.

Sondlands testimony was utterly damning

pondo

Just reading Fire And Fury – if there’s any truth to it, it’s utterly mental.

chewkw
    Free Member

Normal day at work for the President.

He will remain as the US President because all the oppositions are lame.

The only authority that can fire him is the voters.

amedias
    Free Member

I like the irony of the fact that Trump/the white House have repeatedly blocked people from testifying, and refused to hand over documents, even non classified, during the whole investigation.
    Obstruction of congressionally sanctioned (and required) investigations is itself an impeachable act.

Therefore they have created grounds for a valid impeachment even if the original act being investigated isn’t.

Northwind

amedias

I like the irony of the fact that Trump/the white House have repeatedly blocked people from testifying, and refused to hand over documents, even non classified, during the whole investigation.
    Obstruction of congressionally sanctioned (and required) investigations is itself an impeachable act.

And official White House channels have been used to attack the democrats for not having as witnesses, people that the White House have blocked from standing as witnesses.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Sky news – impeachment hearing live – this just seems to be a chorus of damning evidence now. Wow.

chewkw
    Free Member

Therefore they have created grounds for a valid impeachment even if the original act being investigated isn’t.

Go for it as it is all about whoever got the guts wins innit.

From day one the opposition has been attacking so what is new?

Sky news – impeachment hearing live – this just seems to be a chorus of damning evidence now. Wow.

I really doubt they can remove President Trump.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

He’s done. No one can be seen to be working with him or his administration now.

benv
    Free Member

He’s done.

People have been saying that for 4 years now. I still wouldn’t be surprised if he survives and goes on to win a 2nd term.

martinhutch

I still wouldn’t be surprised if he survives and goes on to win a 2nd term.

But, on the bright side, he may not actually survive ‘phase 2’ of his ‘unscheduled medical’ when it hits. Looked a bit weak and wobbly getting off Air Force One this week, even using the shorter and less steep set of steps.

Any bets on what he needed doing so urgently in hospital a few days back?

chewkw
    Free Member

But, on the bright side, he may not actually survive ‘phase 2’ of his ‘unscheduled medical’ when it hits. Looked a bit weak and wobbly getting off Air Force One this week, even using the shorter and less steep set of steps.

Democrats will remain the opposition for many years to come as long as they carry on with their charade. They harder they try the better it is for them to remain in the wild.

kimbers

I’m surprised it’s taken this long, tbh

Romney is meeting him in the Whitehouse shortly, I’m guessing he has some names of republican senators who’ve said they’ll vote to impeach…

Unfortunately for Trumpy no one is above the law.

The Twitter tantrum is going to be epic

chewkw
    Free Member

Unfortunately for Trumpy no one is above the law.

Get President Trump if they can but judging from all the charade Democrats are just digging the hole deeper for themselves. As I said before from day one Democrats have been at it …

kimbers

whats funny is even after impeachment/resignation

all these investigations into his dodgy business practices, fraud etc will keep on !

raybanwomble
    Free Member

People have been saying that for 4 years now. I still wouldn’t be surprised if he survives and goes on to win a 2nd term.

Yes, but the difference being was that before he was dodgy and now he is widely viewed as a criminal.

chewkw
    Free Member

whats funny is even after impeachment/resignation

all these investigations into his dodgy business practices, fraud etc will keep on !

They can throw a sink at President Trump if they wish but I doubt they have the mileage …

Democrats will Not win the next US Presidential election because there are just more people who hate Democrats than they hate President Trump.

Yes, but the difference being was that before he was dodgy and now he is widely viewed as a criminal.

Most supporters do not care so long as President Trump delivers what they want.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

And if he isn’t impeached because of your latter point Chewy, which you are right to make, that will be the beginning of the end for American democracy and the rule of law.

chewkw
    Free Member

And if he isn’t impeached because of your latter point Chewy, which you are right to make, that will be the beginning of the end for American democracy and the rule of law.

American democracy/law will always be alive as usual.

Don’t the opposition know how to sit through the change? Presidential power is Not for life you know so what is the hurry? Silly democrats just being foolish. My view is that they are a sore loser and cannot get the fact that they did not win, after the Obama ride.

All political parties come and go so just sit through it rather than stirring up some silly problems …

raybanwomble
    Free Member

A lot of American political pundits disagree with you there Chewy, this isn’t situation normal or something that can be allowed to pass. The US used to have a better track record of bipartisanship, not so much now – that’s what made their foreign policy so stable over many decades. They need to come together now to remove Trump.

chewkw
    Free Member

A lot of American political pundits disagree with you there Chewy, this isn’t situation normal or something that can be allowed to pass. The US used to have a better track record of bipartisanship, not so much now – that’s what made their foreign policy so stable over many decades. They need to come together now to remove Trump.

Who is the US you are referring to? The political opponents? If so, there is nothing new as all of them are up to no good themselves. They will attempt to “pull the pillars from the house” and everyone can see that …

The only person that can fire the President is the voters and this will be legitimate. Any other ways will only anger the people.

kimbers

I think you’ve missed the point chewy

The voters have already turned on him, those wavering trump voters deserted him at the midterms, the house of reps is the democrats now, which is why this impeachment is happening

PJM1974
    Free Member

Honestly, killfile. You’ll be drawn into a mire of non-sequitur before you know it.

metalheart
    Free Member
    darthpunk
    Free Member

Most supporters do not care so long as President Trump delivers what they want.

The unfortunate part of that is that so far, he hasn’t, but they just choose not to see that

akira

I would say there is a small group of people for whom Trump is delivering exactly what they want, although they are all billionaires/racist/russians.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I would say there is a small group of people for whom Trump is delivering exactly what they want, although they are all billionaires/racist/russians.

The masterstroke was in convincing enough of the disaffected, poorly educated and downwardly mobile that the interests of the billionaires and those seeking to undermine democracy align with those angry at their loss of status. This is exactly why some Republicans are blaming Ukraine for Russian hacking and why “but the Democrats…” has become the standard response to every criticism.

We’re seeing it here too.

tjagain

Trump now saying he wants to be impeached and go to trial! He really is detached from reality

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/nov/22/trump-news-today-live-impeachment-hearings-democrats-2020-election-latest-updates

BoardinBob

Confirmation, not that it was needed, that his entire presidency is simply a vanity project for him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50520652

Raging because they wouldn’t hang his picture in the embassy.

chewkw
    Free Member

The voters have already turned on him, those wavering trump voters deserted him at the midterms, the house of reps is the democrats now, which is why this impeachment is happening

Irrelevant until the proper presidential election.

Raging because they wouldn’t hang his picture in the embassy.

I think he is deliberately winding them up. He likes to do that to the oppositions big time. 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

WTAF

tomhoward

For anyone thinking that the above is a spoof. It isn’t. The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, has had HIS OWN HEAD photoshopped onto the topless body of ROCKY BALBOA. Then uploaded it to the internet, for the whole world to see.

Speechless.

pondo

He’s a **** lunatic.

benv
    Free Member

Is this one of those “there’s no such thing as bad publicity” things?

Viewing 40 posts - 15,761 through 15,800 (of 23,146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.