Viewing 40 posts - 15,281 through 15,320 (of 23,388 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • CountZero

Seems like El Presidente has demanded NASA stage a manned mission to Mars by the end of his first term, or at worst, the end of his second…
    https://splinternews.com/trump-reportedly-demanded-that-nasa-fly-a-manned-missio-1831967918
    #rollseyes

dissonance

Although for them not get paid is an absolute scandal in itself. Shouldn’t be legal.

The furloughing I can sort of see but the required to work for no pay is absolutely nuts.
    Wonder how long it will take the poorly paid TSA staff to reach 50% “feeling sick today” rates.
    Perhaps his bodyguards should phone in sick to concentrate his attention.

maccruiskeen

has demanded NASA stage a manned mission to Mars

Well so long as he sends us a postcard.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

GrahamS

Seems like El Presidente has demanded NASA stage a manned mission to Mars by the end of his first term, or at worst, the end of his second…

The Flat Earth community are saying that Trump is just trolling NASA because he knows da truef. 😀

Does…. Does he know? Is he trolling? from notaglobe

maccruiskeen

With an ‘all you the money you could ever need’ query he’s maybe missing the finer point of ethics rather than time, money and resources. Its a one way trip – state facilitated suicide. Like I say, he can send us a postcard.

somafunk

Its a one way trip – state facilitated suicide.

There’s our solution, tell trump and his family that they can go on the first mission to mars to secure planning/building rights for the mars trump tower but he will need to negotiate directly with the martians upon landing.

Problem solved, and for an extra kick perhaps fudge the trajectory calculations for the spaceship and send the entire family into deep space, never to be seen again.

fasthaggis

I would be the last person to rush in and defend the orange knobclanger,but did he really demand an early Mars trip? On the NASA interview it looks like he is just making a (crap) joke about how soon he would like it to happen. Still,it was worth watching some of the footage just to see Kate Rubins trying to keep a straight face during some of his cringeworthy chat.

GrahamS

Haven’t seen the video but here is the reporting of it that is linked above:
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/trump-offered-nasa-unlimited-funding-to-go-to-mars-by-2020.html

maccruiskeen

There’s our solution, tell trump and his family that they can go on the first mission to mars to secure planning/building rights for the mars trump tower but he will need to negotiate directly with the martians upon landing.

Ark Fleet Ship B

CountZero

Smart move on the part of the Dems – they’ll pay for the wall, if Trump leaves the country!
    If they can only find a country that’ll take him…
    https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/dems-agree-to-fund-wall-and-reopen-government-if-trump-leaves-country-forever

Northwind

OK, so Sarah I Heart Huckabees literally said that the US government is going to leave climate change in the hands of god. I am in awe of that woman.

Luckily God has preemptively hoofed her in the slats with his liberal snowflake publication, “the bible”

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Just as a matter of interest, does this “no pay for government employees” extend to the politicians?

dissonance

does this “no pay for government employees” extend to the politicians?

Of course not. Its only for the plebs. A bunch of senior administration types actually got a payrise since the pay freeze in place for them expired due to the shutdown.

FuzzyWuzzy

I like the multi-millionaire Commerce Secretary questioning why the workers don’t just take out bank loans instead of going to food banks. A comment like that would be political suicide here but no doubt just improves his standing with republican voters.

It’s crazy though that government employee wage funding isn’t excluded from this sort of budget approval mess, sure increases like if Trump wanted 1m more border agents should need congressional approval but not pre-existing employee wages.

Pigface
    Free Member

Roger Stone has been charged by Muller another one in court.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

7 charges against Roger Stone, are we entering the end game for Mueller?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

A leaked draft of the Mueller report concludes that Trump has conspired with Russia! (Apparently reported by Bernstein the watergate journalist)

frankconway

Futon – what’s your source?
    Investigation not complete; likely that more ‘big names’ will be getting FBI wake-uop calls
    The Mueller team have leaked nothing to date; leaked draft is fake news.

martinhutch

There’s no way the report is out there, Mueller is nowhere near done.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

FAKE NEWS!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

From the highly regarded podcast ‘Mueller She Wrote’ – Bernstein has spoken to someone who has seen Muellers draft report, Bernstein has not added anything more apparently …… so make of it what you will. The podcast has been very good, so far!

Having followed the podcast for a while now, it’s an inescapable conclusion really.

frankconway

He said, she said; spoof!

mrchrispy

Trump getting impeached and going to prison would go some way towards making up for the crushing disappointment that is Brexit. In the years to come as my family huddle round the last of the burning furniture and enjoy a candle lite rat dinner the thought of Trump behind bars would warm my heart.

martinhutch

I feel a tweetstormy coming…

NO COLLUSION!

PrinceJohn

Apparently our Nigel could well get implicated too – that would be lovely.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From the highly regarded podcast ‘Mueller She Wrote’ – Bernstein has spoken to someone who has seen Muellers draft report, Bernstein has not added anything more apparently …… so make of it what you will. The podcast has been very good, so far!

Having followed the podcast for a while now, it’s an inescapable conclusion really.

Then I’d say they are using their credibility to speculate, this is an investigation where nobody has seen or heard Muller speak publicly I think, there has been zero leaks since they started it gives too much ammo to the Republicans.

dissonance

I feel a tweetstormy coming…

Especially since the TSA workers taking the entirely reasonable approach of “no pay no work” seems to getting close to the critical level where services are going to get interrupted.

I have to admit I was skeptical about his claim about draining the swamp but he does seem to be delivering this with the number of his staff ending up in prison/under investigation.

martinhutch

Especially since the TSA workers taking the entirely reasonable approach of “no pay no work” seems to getting close to the critical level where services are going to get interrupted.

Mass walkouts shutting down public transportation, air traffic, and other ‘vital’ economic services is what they need to be doing at this point.

In other news, Congress is going after his magic rouble tree.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/reuters-america-update-3-deutsche-bank-queried-by-u-s-house-panels-on-trump-ties.html

There is so much going down right now that it is a full time job keeping on top of all the different strands of potential criminality.

PrinceJohn

I love the fact the FBI did despite not being paid because of the shutdown…

Klunk
    Free Member

entitlement and lying run through the core of these people so much that it probably never occurred to them that bullshitting congress or the fbi would get them into trouble as it never did in the past.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

NYT – Stone and Wikileaks Sitting in a tree

So in a HIGNFY Style the advent calendar of indictments keeps revealing stuff, the dots are getting joined up here.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

The Trump Campaign is referenced 24 times in the indictment 😅

whitestone
    Free Member

Looks like the orange bawbag blinked first – https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47007081

kimbers

Not a good day for trump

Stone in cuffs, Bannon up next (he wont go down without kicking & squealing)

And turns out Trump cant make deal with democrats either

🙂

🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

bitch slapped by a women, his ego must be in despair, someones going to cop it !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Earlier in the white house garden

kimbers

Ouch!!

Orange fcknugget is gonna lash out after this one

Pigface
    Free Member

So he backed down, expect a war or something to deflect from this.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m sure he’ll claim he didn’t actually want a wall at all #fakenews

Viewing 40 posts - 15,281 through 15,320 (of 23,388 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.