Viewing 40 posts - 13,961 through 14,000 (of 22,966 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • binners

Sociopathic narcissist with stupid hair promotes a sociopathic narcissist with stupid hair?

Watty

Indeed kerley. I watched the news last night and winced at the phrase ‘Mr and Mrs Trump were invited to dinner with Theresa May and British business leaders’. I can just imagine the metaphorical pie being nicely carved up!

Out of interest, is anyone going to London today to demonstrate?

grahamt1980

Just more bs to get the trade deficit down and to sow more chaos.

He won’t want us to have the same standards as Europe as they are too high for a lot of us food.

As for the Boris comment, is anyone surprised?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    senorj

“Out of interest, is anyone going to London today to demonstrate?”

I am sorely tempted , but I also want to ride my bike….

The POTUSA doing an interview with the FKING S*N!!!???

“shitting on the lawn” indeed.

What an expletive.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

dictators, mass murders and even worse Trump.

Yeah, I mean he’s like literally worse than Hitler, amirite?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hitler at least had control of his own hair and perhaps a plan.

Meanwhile he does have is performance review coming up

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-summit-britain/uk-welcomes-trump-putin-meeting-says-it-must-address-russian-malign-activity-idUSKBN1K12ZT

Where hot topics will include destabilisation of the EU, destabilisation of NATO and destabilisation  of the UN.

andy8442
    Free Member

I would happily demonstrate, but I’m working, but I truly hate this man and everything he stands for. Maybe the good folks of the north could lie down tomorrow and spell out some expletive that he can see as he flies to Scotland.

convert

Out of interest, is anyone going to London today to demonstrate?

I was planning to. Then ended up going up for the RAF 100 as my brother in law was playing a key part and can’t afford 2 days away. Am feeling really guilty that I’m not however.

slowoldman

Give him time.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Has anyone attended the marches ?

Someone from work was heading down town last night and I got a text message saying some streets were blocked off..

Sandwich

The trade deal was never going to happen. The recently revealed ‘plan’ is just an excuse not to go ahead. We were stiffed in the last war by the Americans and the orange buffoon is lining us up for another go.

kerley
    Free Member

Wasn’t aware we were meeting with Hitler and trying to keep him sweet.  I think Hitler may in fact be dead.

PrinceJohn

I’m attending today, unfortunately I didn’t have time to get my haircut before I left, but I am planning on jumping in the shower shortly.

That offer of a coffee is still open ninfan, but I guess your mind isn’t open enough to have an adult conversation without a keyboard in the way.

outofbreath
    Free Member

you seem to be more preoccupied with posting against what you understabd to be hypocrisy, but you seem to be uncertain about an alternative point of view

Nothing wrong with that. I think a significant percentage of political discourse is based on misunderstanding/getting facts wrong. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to point out where other people have got it wrong, without expressing your own views.

I know Jamby was a Clinton ‘supporter’ and he *still* got slated for being a Trump supporter. I’ve never seen Ninfan say anything especially good about Trump, but he gets slated as being a Trump supporter.

There seems to be a pattern all over the interweb of Person A posts something untrue, Person B points out it’s not true. Person A says “Ahhh, you must be a supporter of X.” Not so.

While we’re at it, I’m pretty sure a load of people who despise Trump, didn’t like Clinton either. I suspect a lot of people who liked Obama didn’t like his policies to try to make the Mexican border less fluid. For a lot of people politics is not black and white or party* orientated at all.

So there are plenty of ideologues who see the political world in very tribal left/right** terms, but there’s are plenty of people who are pretty objective and usually understand the logic behind of whatever the current administration are doing. (Which is almost always a choice between to bad options.)

So yeah, issues can easily be debated in isolation and Ninfan should be able tell us the the USA was putting kids in cages in 2014, without being pressed to come up with a rounded support of Trump. In fact it’s far better if we simply stick to the issues rather than debating everything in terms of support or opposition of a party/politician.

* Lots of people support their party and/or ideology like a football team.

** left/right really mean almost nothing IMHO.

binners

Theres a demo in Manchester later. Just walked past the town hall and there’s similar security in place to when the Party conferences are on.

Why?

I have no idea.

Its not like Trump is going to notice. I can’t imagine anything more pointless. You might as well chuck your shoes at the sky to protest about this rain.We’re off for a few post-work work pints instead. Might go to Chorlton. It’ll be empty. Is it possible to form a critical mass of virtue?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to point out where other people have got it wrong, without expressing your own views.

Really? If you go on to pick very obscure examples demand people express opinions but refuse to commit to any of it then you are trolling. It’s what he does but we have hit the point where leaving his bs posts hanging there isn’t going to happen.

I seem to remember ninfan laying it thick about the emails, Clinton’s health (completely unsubstantiated) running with alt right myths and lies and plenty more.

If you enter any argument with but Obama did, or the new what Justin did then expect to be questioned and challenged.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Really?

Yes, really.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Its not like Trump is going to notice.

Bloke on R4 Today Program this morning who interviewed him in the run up to this visit said he 100pc had noticed. (Within a few minutes of 7am if anyone wants a listen.)

Whether that’s good or bad depends on what you’re trying to achieve.

PrinceJohn

Its not like Trump is going to notice. I can’t imagine anything more pointless. You might as well chuck your shoes at the sky to protest about this rain.We’re off for a few post-work work pints instead. Might go to Chorlton. It’ll be empty. Is it possible to form a critical mass of virtue?

He personally won’t notice, pretty sure he lives in his own little bubble, completely unaware of the world around him.

outofbreath
    Free Member

He personally won’t notice,

Not so, have a listen around 7am.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b90pym

binners

In that case I’m off to start a petition

slowoldman

For a lot of people politics is not black and white or party* orientated at all.

If only our politicians were of the same opinion.

Theres a demo in Manchester later

When and where binners?

kilo

Couple of Ospreys just flown over the office in Vauxhall presumably buffoon related. ,quite cool bits of kit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why?

I have no idea.

Its not like Trump is going to notice. I can’t imagine anything more pointless.

First up it will be covered by the US media, how the US is seen abroad does impact a lot of people over there.

Next sure as hell May will know about it, protests in the street about the guy who just screwed her over

After that what the hell, shame it’s raining a bit here but I’m sure people will have some fun.

For comparison every fortnight tens of thousands of people turned up to moan about Jose at old trafford, doesn’t look like he noticed either 😉

binners

Slowoldman – Manchester demonstration against Trump’s visit to UK is on July 13 at Albert Square and starts at 5 pm.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/donald-trumps-uk-visit-protest/

outofbreath
    Free Member

For a lot of people politics is not black and white or party* orientated at all.

If only our politicians were of the same opinion.

I think Politicans are the least B+W of all. It’s the art of the possible, they are 100pc fluid, even the ones we might expect to be serious ideologues.

I saw Michael Portillo give a talk once and he made the point that it’s much easier to have friends in the other parties than in your own party because they’re not going to run to the whips and disclose it all or use it as ammunition to steal your job. (Well they will, but only once every five years!)

mooman
    Free Member

Its not like Trump is going to notice. I can’t imagine anything more pointless. You might as well chuck your shoes at the sky to protest about this <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>rain</span>

Will he notice the demos? yep.

Will he care in the slightest? nope

Happy days if the US trade deal is off the table anyways. TTIP is a worse case scenario for the UK.

DrJ

he gets slated as being a Trump supporter.

That’s how he described himself, for what it’s worth.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Will he care in the slightest? nope

Have a listen to the R4 like above. He cares a lot. He’s an Anglophile, he’s had a lot of contact with the UK over the years.

According to that interviewer Trump knows & cares. Whether that’s good or bad depends on that you’re trying to achieve.

rmacattack
    Free Member

What i don’t understand is the oh so accepting liberals , who don’t care of race, religion, gender etc. think it’s ok to make fun of an old man’s receding hair.

kerley
    Free Member

According to that interviewer Trump knows & cares. Whether that’s good or bad depends on that you’re trying to achieve.

Doesn’t make any difference what you are trying to achieve, it will not bring a good result.  Trump cannot take criticism and reacts badly to it .  Does anyone think he will see the protests and think “hang on, they have a point – reverse everything I have done” or will he just carry on doing more and more ridiculous things.

Behaves in a typical psychopathic tendency man in power way and always will

rmacattack
    Free Member

Behaves in a typical psychopathic tendency man in power way and always will

Just like every single person in any power position in any area of industry or government the whole world over?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What i don’t understand is the oh so accepting liberals , who don’t care of race, religion, gender etc. think it’s ok to make fun of an old man’s receding hair.

You had better not watch spitting image….

You may not have noticed people taking issue with his politics, policies, state of mind, inability to articulate anything coherent, lies etc

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jul/12/fact-checking-president-trumps-nato-summit-news-co/

Sometimes you got to play the game that he plays to him, he is precious about his hands and hair so that makes them fair game for me. He is the number one snowflake who can’t handle any criticism.

How would you characterise his NATO speech there?

Always happy to talk about the issues here

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just like every single person in any power position in any area of industry or government the whole world over?

Any evidence for that?.

“hang on, they have a point – reverse everything I have done” or will he just carry on doing more and more ridiculous things.

How about sending a clearer message to the people behind him in the Senate and Congress, to those trying to get elected either opposing him or hanging off his coat tails?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/12/mccain-blasts-trump-nato-behavior-says-putin-is-enemy-of-america.html

rmacattack
    Free Member

The man’s a buffon, I agree with that. I don’t like him and i don’t like our own politics or any politicians . What I don’t understand is everybody jumping on this bandwagon to protest and fly a balloon. Think of this for a moment, the money used for that ballon, could it have been given to a charity?

The time spent by people standing around to protest , for basically nothing. it’s not going to achieve or change anything. Could that time have been spent somewhere more useful, like a charity volunteer , or doing something local with the few hours wasted standing on a pavement. Just my two cents.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Maybe a greater good argument depending on what they’re trying to achieve. If you thought NATO was a “danger to the world” you might well think that it was worth getting personal to upset Trump in the hope he might pull the USA out all together, Trump’s the only President who ever looked remotely likely to actually do that. (I don’t think that’ll work.) Or maybe you might want a change of Government in the UK, and reducing UK exports to the US might help achieve that.

We shouldn’t really have to guess, I’ve not seen anything in the media to explain exactly what outcome the protesters are trying to achieve and without that it’s hard to decide if the tactic is sound.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Any evidence for that?.

Come on Mike, it’s a non argument. If I must I’ll google egotism or many websites of human psychology.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Doesn’t make any difference what you are trying to achieve, it will not bring a good result.

Agree, but they probably aren’t trying to get a result that you or I would regard as “good”.

Does anyone think he will see the protests and think “hang on, they have a point – reverse everything I have done”

I doubt they’re naive enough to think that.

Dickyboy

Chequers is in total lockdown – never seen so many police there before, can’t see any demonstrators getting remotely near the odious man 😞

binners

I’ve just listened to that Radio 4 clip and I can’t hear a single word to indicate that Trump gives a flying **** what anyone in the UK thinks, or any indication that he wouldn’t look to a UK outside the EU in the same way a wolf would eye up a particularly fluffy ickle baaa lamb.

Lets face it, any UK/US trade deal post-Brexit would involve us bending over while they went in dry. Anyone who can’t see that is absolutely delusional. But then if there were one word that perfectly sums up the Trump cheerleaders (including such national treasures as Piers Morgan/Nigel Farage/Boris Johnson/Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins) its ‘delusional’.

Viewing 40 posts - 13,961 through 14,000 (of 22,966 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.