Viewing 40 posts - 13,161 through 13,200 (of 23,126 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who said he was being controlled by the Russians?

The more recent evidence shows that the Russians were using influence to spread disruption in the US and EU via interference in the elections, do keep up.

Though if you have any comments on the implication of the pay off’s I’m sure it would be insightful

ninfan
    Free Member

The more recent evidence shows that the Russians were using influence to spread disruption in the US and EU via interference in the elections, do keep up.

ah, reigning back from the ‘collusion’ accusations then eh?

martinhutch

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/26/politics/us-expel-russian-diplomats/index.html

Presumably the last man in the room with Trump is now John Bolton, who is considerably more hawkish than his predecessor.

I guess if Russia does have any kompromat on Trump we get to find out pretty soon. Unless Putin considers the chaos Trump brings to the table more valuable than Mike Pence’s prayerful reflection.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah, reigning back from the ‘collusion’ accusations then eh?

Nope, parties withing the Trump Campaign have had a significant amount of inappropriate contact with the Russian government and their agents.That needs fully investigating. But head off down your little rabbit hole again if you want.

So what do you reckon to the campaign finance part of the Stormy Daniels case? How about the lack of a legal team to speak with Muller or the implication of trying to invoke Executive Privilege? So many strands to this at the moment.

mt
    Free Member

Has Trump sent his fun campaign team home or is there enough people left in the Russian embassy to help him with the second term?

thejesmonddingo

Ninny,I missed the bit where we all said he was being controlled by the Russians,cite or shut up.

thejesmonddingo

Oh,you  couldn’t make it up could you? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43439731  Apparently he vehemently denies an affair,but is seeking damages for her breaching a non-disclosure agreement from 2016.What has she agreed to not disclose,if they haven’t had an affair?

akira

I thought he was a great negotiator? That seems to have faded away along with his legal team.

tinybits
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve read his lawyer saying “just because it isn’t true, doesn’t mean it’s not harmful” effectively saying they bought silence, not to admit guilt. I can see this working, and believe it would be common practice. It appears that the NDA does exist, no one is denying it, the counter claim for $20m is due to breach<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>. Why it exists is another matter, and how it was paid for and whether that constitutes campaign funds.</span>

I guess the counter claim is pretty normal as well, enough noise and there’s no doubt, enough money will silence the Stormy Daniels claims. I wonder if enough damage has been done. I suspect not.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I guess the counter claim is pretty normal as well, enough noise and there’s no doubt, enough money will silence the Stormy Daniels claims. I wonder if enough damage has been done. I suspect not.

Enough money needs to match the amount for telling it all too

thejesmonddingo

If he paid her $130,000 to say nothing about nothing,one has to wonder how many other payments have been made?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well there are the stories bought by the national enquirier and never published which also fall under that category, a very similar tactic to Harvey Weinstien

kimbers

whitestone
    Free Member

Sharky and George, it’s complicated. Who knew? I’ve known George a long time, he’s a great guy and he’s doing a beautiful job.

kimbers

Papadopoulos flipped months ago, Meuller been sitting on this for a while, unless he’s just learning from Greek media now?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mitchprothero/how-a-putin-ally-met-key-trump-officials-and-worried

metalheart
    Free Member
    kimbers

So another law suit on the go

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/28/politics/emoluments-lawsuit-trump-hotel/index.html

Meanwhile 5 law firms turned him down this week, ….

martinhutch

Oh, and don’t forget possibly offering (via his former lawyer) presidential pardons all round, in case you were thinking of cooperating with Mueller…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-lawyer-allegedly-raised-possibility-of-pardons-for-manafort-flynn-last-summer/2018/03/28/3c5e570c-32ae-11e8-8abc-22a366b72f2d_story.html

Apart from being a slightly naive idea (even pardonees can be subpoena’d to testify, then indicted for any lies they tell), did they not think that this might be taken as interfering in a live FBI investigation?

PS Oh, and the hint, in an indictment of a London lawyer, that Mueller has been told Gates knowingly met a member of the Russian Intelligence Service in 2016. Raising the possibility that Mueller is gathering evidence that Trump’s Campaign Chair and his aide had open channels with Russian Intelligence during the campaign.

That just about wraps up today’s fun and games.

CountZero

With the connivance of the NRA, and other Right-thinking American groups…

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/russian-campaign-to-infiltrate-nra-elect-trump-w518587

CountZero

Nice to see such fine, upstanding folk supporting The Donald…

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/31/politics/nra-member-calls-parkland-survivors-liars/

I’m afraid there are no words I can post that won’t get me a stiff warning note.

🤬

Junkyard
    Free Member

“These poor children, I’m afraid to say this and it hurts me to say this, but the evidence is irrefutable, they have no soul,” he added.

Classy response from the ageing rockstar- that all kinds of batshit crazy

mikey74
    Free Member

Classy response from the ageing rockstar- that all kinds of batshit crazy

That’s about par for the course for Nugent: The guy is a grade A bell-end and has been spouting his right-wing bull-“””” for decades. I hope his bow and arrow backfires.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s the other foot now, first victim were all the US blue collar workers making things with steel  Now the pork industry, all to divert attention from muller, Daniels and the next smoking gun

aracer
    Free Member

Except he’s shooting other people in the foot – he couldn’t actually care less about those industries.

ninfan
    Free Member

Eh? How is that shooting himself in the foot?

China can’t ever ever win a tariff war with the US, because they have a $375 billion trading surplus.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Eh? How is that shooting himself in the foot?

Step one, the us economy makes more dollars and employs more people using steel  than steel making.

Step two, the next level sanctions impact more of trumps so called base over anyone else.

Do you need pictures or a fox news cartoon?

ninfan
    Free Member

You still haven’t explained how China can win a trade war with the US.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s not about winning,there are no winners. Trump just hurt the us economy for no benefit

batfink
    Free Member

You still haven’t explained how China can win a trade war with the US

Because

They

Don’t

Have

Elections

It’s just about who will blink first

mrlebowski
    Free Member

“It’s not about winning,there are no winners. Trump just hurt the us economy for no benefit”

Its all about the mid-terms & getting re-elected. The Trump heartland will lap it up blissfully unaware that historically trade wars have led to economic downturn & job losses. “Trump digs coal” is empty soundbite that sounds good but means nothing..

in short – it’s all about Trump & has SFA to do with US jobs…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

. The Trump heartland will lap it up blissfully unaware that historically trade wars have led to economic downturn & job losses.

They lost a 20pt lead in one of those districts at the time he announced tariffs. The replicans historically don’t like tariffs and he needs them out in big numbers to get anything from the mid terms.

He wants to pick a fight anx distract from his massive personal problems.

6 months is also long enough to feel some of the pain from these, a climb down before November would really hurt him

PJM1974
    Free Member

@ninfan

Given that trade between the US and China is pretty lucrative, how do you think that the Chinese will react to the US starting what amounts to a trade war?

Do you think that they’ll simply say “it’s a fair cop, gov”, roll over and accept it, or do you think that they will counter it, perhaps in ways that hadn’t been considered?

How do you think that this will play out?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Trump is being foolish , as per usual. Tarrifs on steel harms the US more than China and it does not even play well with mainstream republicans

He does not need to shore up his core vote as those loons will stick with him no matter what the facts say but he cannot get a second term, nor stop the GOP getting mullered in the upcoming votes, simply with those core voters. he needs to reach out to moderate voters. This is something he can neither do nor  can he do it successfully so we wil be eft  with  this sort of show  action to his core voters as he craves adulation – even if it is from ever decreasing numbers

Its  strange times when China are being more moderate, diplomatic and committed to free trade than a US president

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ex-Skadden Lawyer Is Sentenced to 30 Days in Russia Inquiry

https://nyti.ms/2q5FLUu

First one to prison, still obviously nothing to see here.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

Catchy name that sounds like types of Quarks 😉

maccruiskeen

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom

Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub

Junkyard
    Free Member

Trump is managing to make China look like moderates. Some skill that  from the master of the art of the deal. he has to learn that  countries, unlike campaniles, have pride and  wont just take shit just to make money.  He would do anything for money and I suspect he almost never meets anyone  who is not of a similar view.  This cannot end well for anyone and the longer it heats up the harder it is for Trump “trade wars are easy to win”* to back down

My suspicion is he is ratcheting up a trade war to make shit loads on stocks when he backs down.

* he may well be stupid enough to believe this as are his core voters  – then again they thought Mexico would pay for the wall so not the most rational of folks

kimbers

Cunning to target Soybeans

Viewing 40 posts - 13,161 through 13,200 (of 23,126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.