Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • Dogs on beaches – yuck
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh and how many keyboard warriors actually confront people who don’t pick up poo

I think the problem is that folks only pick it up when there is someone watching

BermBandit
    Free Member

During the course of this year I’ve been at a series of events in country parks, or dog crappers as I now call them. The state of these places is utterly incredible. You can barely go a couple of metres in any direction without stepping in dog crap. I have no issues whatsoever with dogs, albeit I don’t really like being slobbered over by anything which a moment or two previously was either licking its own or anothers arse, but c’mon owners have some sense of responsibility for your pet and its output will yer?

That’s all.

enfht
    Free Member

Pet dogs are soooo last century

aracer
    Free Member

The answer, if not the solution…

Presumably the idea is actually to put the dogs inside those, given they’re the ones causing the problem (though child sized ones need to be supplied to parks in Edinburgh)?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Don’t dislike dogs, I do dislike their crap. Banns like these will I’m sure become more prevalent and widespread, but I have never met any dog owner who doesn’t Pick it up. Which mean that Ailens are filling our parks beaches and even **** football pitches with Magic Turds. They even put some in small plastic bags and hand them from trees!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I pick my dog’s shit up whether someone’s watching or not. And if I need to do one myself, then I make sure I do it well off the beaten track or bury it deep in the sand. I ain’t picking that up.

AndyRT
    Free Member

ive never understood the leaving in trees thing.

My fluffy beast usually ‘goes within 30 seconds of getting to the start of the walk, so I scoop’n’bag and leave in a place unlikely to get trodden on, and then pick it up on the way back through to put in the right bin.

Maybe you’re just out of alignment with the walkers, and the decorations will be gone in half an hour, when they walk back home.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Maybe you’re just out of alignment with the walkers, and the decorations will be gone in half an hour, when they walk back home

well, some folks are going on some very very long walks then

enfht
    Free Member

What gives you the right to store animal faeces in a public space?

Carry it with you ffs

Yuk

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

why not just leave it on the pavement until you come back?

aracer
    Free Member

well, some folks are going on some very very long walks then

Maybe you should alert the police about all the dog walkers going missing.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

ext time you roll around on the grass just think what animals have wee’d and poo’d there when humans are not invading their space. I wonder if people with OCD ever think of that?

Refer back to my original point – the risk to children is especially present in dog and cat shit, not badgers, not unicorns, not slugs. So surely any considerate dog owner (of which there are many and certainly more now than ever before I would say) will appreciate this and keep their dogs away from public spaces where small children are likely to be playing. It isn’t a great deal to ask is it?

jronald01
    Free Member

I love dogs…. although I couldn’t eat a whole one… Ahem..

Why do people think that their dog crapping on the beach is fine? It’s not like you don’t know they’re going to do it!??!

I like dogs, but I draw the line at them crapping everywhere.

And for those that are using the kids argument, what planet are you on? Were you always an adult?

Del

which kids argument?
    the one where they’re all cripples and jews?
    tell you what though – they’re a massive drain on the nhs.
    😉

BermBandit
    Free Member

It isn’t a great deal to ask is it?

Yes….. apparantly it is

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes….. apparantly it is

😥

BermBandit
    Free Member

😥 with you there mastiles

user-removed
    Free Member

Sigh. Really din’t want to get drawn in, but the tractor beam was set to high… I have a dog and always pick up its poo, unless I’m properly out in the countryside, in which case it gets flicked well off the path and into the undergrowth.

I cannot though, control when and where my dog takes a dump. If he is having a walk on a beach, at the right time of year, and he decides to squat, there’s nothing anyone can do about it. And why on earth would you anyway?! So long as you pick it up…. Yes I know he’s going to do it at some point on a walk, but there isn’t a 6 foot square patch of grass where dogs automatically carp.

I hate getting covered in the stuff as much as anyone else though and will always let an owner know if their animal has fouled somewhere – they always pretend not to have noticed, or even deny that their dog did it. I always have plenty of spare bags so they haven’t any excuses.

Dolcered

Dog poo is gross no question, but as a dog owner i get that, thats why i pick it up.

Probably preaching to the converted, a blanket ban of dogs on beaches probably wouldn’t work, unless enforcers were there 24/7. What councils have resources for that these days.

In the same way i still see see plenty of dropped litter on the streets despite the threat of on the spot fines etc.

I really dont know how these issues can be addressed. In any case I will continue to pick up 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

litter on the trails? rubbish in the streets? poo on the floor?

do what i do, blame teenagers.

BermBandit
    Free Member

litter on the trails? rubbish in the streets? poo on the floor?

With the notable exception of some jump sites I’ve never been on any trail where there is litter or rubbish every two metres. I have however been plenty of places where the crap frequncy is at least that.

scruff
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Going back to beaches, dog poo really isnt much of an issue

So it’s okay to allow your dog to shit on the beach and leave it then, because other people and organisations don’t care about our coastline either?

scruff
    Free Member

No MF, if you want an argument please go home to your boyfriend.

user-removed
    Free Member

So it’s okay to allow your dog to shit on the beach and leave it then, because other people and organisations don’t care about our coastline either?

Yes mastiles. That is exactly what he said.

Nobby

user-removed – Member
    Sigh. Really din’t want to get drawn in, but the tractor beam was set to high… I have a dog and always pick up its poo, unless I’m properly out in the countryside, in which case it gets flicked well off the path and into the undergrowth.

I cannot though, control when and where my dog takes a dump. If he is having a walk on a beach, at the right time of year, and he decides to squat, there’s nothing anyone can do about it. And why on earth would you anyway?! So long as you pick it up…. Yes I know he’s going to do it at some point on a walk, but there isn’t a 6 foot square patch of grass where dogs automatically carp.

I hate getting covered in the stuff as much as anyone else though and will always let an owner know if their animal has fouled somewhere – they always pretend not to have noticed, or even deny that their dog did it. I always have plenty of spare bags so they haven’t any excuses.

This^^

I recently offered a young(ish) female a poo-bag to clear up after her dog – she told me to go **** myself. Apparently, I must be mental if I thought she’d go round picking up s**t… why did I think she took her dog over the fields in the first place? :-\

user-removed
    Free Member

Nobby – if it was a small dog, I’d have been tempted to pick it up, roll it in its own mess and hand it back to the owner. Dogs don’t mind poo, mostly, but she would 🙂

rootes1

i have a cat, but dogs are cool… i like dogs, for a dog everything is fun!

this seaweed is fun!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

scruff – Member

Ohh get you.

So what is your point then? Or was it just a pointless statement that has absolutely nothing to do with the preceding posts?

scruff
    Free Member

I think my mainpoint is keeping beaches clean from any sort of nasties is quite important. You may of heard STW replies often have absolutely nothing to do with the preceding posts and just involve bickering from twunts like you and TJ.

ransos
    Free Member

At least with dogs, a responsible owner is able and willing to clear up after them. Neighbourhood cats poo all over our garden – it’s absolutely disgusting.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

My dog loves the beach. And yes I do pick his crap up

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You may of heard STW replies often have absolutely nothing to do with the preceding posts and just involve bickering from twunts like you and TJ.

At least I was keeping to the point of the OP. You drew me into bickering by posting an entirely pointless response.

Don’t post irrelevancies and I won’t be a twunt.

AndyRT
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    At least with dogs, a responsible owner is able and willing to clear up after them. Neighbourhood cats poo all over our garden – it’s absolutely disgusting.

Your answer:

BermBandit
    Free Member

bickering from twunts like you and TJ.

The bickering bit is a debateable point, but what isn’t is the fact that neither of those comments were either warranted or acceptable.

exposed
    Free Member

The bickering bit is a debateable point, but what isn’t is the fact that neither of those comments were either warranted or acceptable

Yeah, but you’re not seeing it through the eyes of the dog owner. If you had something that loved you just for being you, and somebody was rude about it, you’d go in all guns blazing. You’d have to, because if the roles were reversed, you know that is what Fido would do.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

you know that is what Fido would do.

poo in the kids play area in the local park?

trailmonkey

Yeah, but you’re not seeing it through the eyes of the dog owner. If you had something that loved you just for being you, and somebody was rude about it, you’d go in all guns blazing

whereas someone saying that they dislike children is just about universally accepted as being normal behaviour.

exposed
    Free Member

poo in the kids play area in the local park?

Only after he’d bitten a few of the children

Cougar

I always have plenty of spare bags so they haven’t any excuses.

Ooh, that’s a good idea. Nice non-confrontational way of saying “please clean up after your shithound, thanks.” Will any old bags do?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Dogs on beaches – yuck’ is closed to new replies.