Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)
  • Dogs on beaches – yuck
  • trailmonkey

No its not. Nothing at all similar

apart from children being another sub section of humanity. one that you are willing to claim that you dislike en masse based on your own pre-conceptions and prejudices. a fate that all sub sections of society are vulnerable to.

so in that regard, they’re not only similar, they’re exactly alike.

Nobby

Cougar – Member
    I was in ASDA yesterday and there was a bloke in one of the aisles who’d done that “gone to look at something interesting on the other side of the aisle, holding the trolley at arm’s length perpendicular to the shelves” thing, so that in one fell swoop he’d blocked off the entire aisle. I’d happily have stoved in his stupid ‘kin ignorant face with a tin of Heinz’ Baked Beans With Sausages, with a spring in my step and joy in my heart, but sometimes you just have to accept that we have to share space with each other and pretend to get along with these wastes of DNA.

I’d suggest sticking your fist in a frozen chicken or turkey & punching the tossbag square in his face for best effect.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – thats just nonsense 😆

trailmonkey

none so blind………………..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Like you? If you cannot understand the difference then I am sorry for you.

enfht
    Free Member

Allowing animals to defecate in public spaces has no place in modern society

Give it a few years and it will seem as alien as smoking indoors

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

cos it’s no different to saying that you don’t like cripples or jews. dogs

andyl
    Free Member

enfht – Member

Give it a few years and it will seem as alien as smoking indoors

I really hate walking behind/past someone who is smoking outside. I wish they would do it in their own homes and not spoil my fresh air!

Cougar

Try shopping at Waitrose in future

I hear you. The problem is that I live in East Lancashire, so finding a shop with indoor plumbing is a luxury, never mind a Waitrose.

children being another sub section of humanity.

Except, they’re not, are they. On the list of persecuted minorities, “children” aren’t going to be on there. I was a child once, but I’ve never knowingly been a ‘cripple’ or Jewish. You’re not going to find a mad dictator going on a cleansing rampage by gassing all the children (outside of the Bible anyway).

I’d suggest sticking your fist in a frozen chicken

I tried that once. I’m not allowed to shop there any more.

andyl
    Free Member

what about horses and donkeys crapping on the beach? 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

And so begins another 9 pages of dog lovers vs anti dog nazis! 🙄

joao3v16
    Free Member

Considering all the problems in our wonderful ‘modern society’ that are actually significant, I don’t think dog poo even registers on the ‘to do’ list.

Unless you’re one of those interfering local busy-bodies with no friends, hobbies or interests.

user-removed
    Free Member

enfht – Member

That ^^^ is almost the stupidest thing I’ve read in one of these predictable ‘debates’. I’m tempted to go find a picture of, say, a badger in a nappy…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

what about horses and donkeys crapping on the beach?

They don’t carry *potentially* Toxicariasis though

andyl
    Free Member

They don’t carry *potentially* Toxicariasis though

😆

Right, I’m off to put little signs up asking foxes, birds, badgers, squirrels, hedgehogs, slugs, mice, rats etc to not poo in public spaces.

See you in a bit….

enfht
    Free Member

That old & lame argument was used when dog owners were first made to pick up their freshly laid dog eggs

Cougar

Again,

It’s not a difficult thing really, is it. If you own a dog, try not to let it defecate in places where people are likely to be walking / playing, and keep it under control when there is potential for it to cause distress. If this is just too radical a concept for you, don’t own a dog.

Drawing parallels with other animals is just building a straw man argument. Dog excrement is nasty, smelly, toxic, sticky stuff and is often found in the middle of paths and bridleways, waiting for an unsuspecting tyre or shoe. No other animals do this apart from horses, and horse manure in comparison is relatively innocuous and a damn sight easier to see.

Whilst I don’t own one, I don’t dislike dogs. I am however cultivating a healthy dislike for a lot of dog owners. I regularly ride canal towpaths and the areas next to some of the bridges are more shite than path.

trailmonkey

TandemJeremy – Member
    Like you? If you cannot understand the difference then I am sorry for you.

enlighten me.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Trailmonkey – thats just nonsense

Fantastic argument! Well played! But hold on i think there is a slight flaw in that some might say, “Oh no it’s not”.

It does somewhat highlight the inadequacies of your argument.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

And it’s not really about not liking dogs, it’s about not liking having to clean dogshit off small children so that they don’t get some horrible lurgy.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

personnally I think most dog owners have already taken it upon themselves to declare an antisocial war against the general community, why else would you toilet your dog on paths, playing fields and public parks?

Considering all the problems in our wonderful ‘modern society’ that are actually significant, I don’t think dog poo even registers on the ‘to do’ list

for most councils it’s usually in the top five antisocial issues they have to deal with

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Considering all the problems in our wonderful ‘modern society’ that are actually significant, I don’t think dog poo even registers on the ‘to do’ list

Really? we have to solve world hunger, bring peace to the middle east and fix global inequity before you pick up your own dog’s shit?

AndyRT
    Free Member

And if all of the poo nazi’s got their way, what would these guys roll about? Ping Pong balls donated by the local city-dwelling-middle-class-and-nothing-better-to-do socitey

trailmonkey

Really? we have to solve world hunger, bring peace to the middle east and fix global inequity before you pick up your own dog’s shit?

😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Right, I’m off to put little signs up asking foxes, birds, badgers, squirrels, hedgehogs, slugs, mice, rats etc to not poo in public spaces.

The point being that beaches are somewhere you are likely to find lots of children playing in the sand. Just like you find lots of children playing in parks. It isn’t entirely unreasonable to try to protect them from a known and avoidable risk. And whilst it is impossible to avoid the risk entirely, it IS possible to minimise it.

And I think you will also find that it is mainly cats and dogs that carry the worms, not foxes, birds, badgers…

AndyRT
    Free Member

agreed, unless the dog drinks sea water!

…….
    …….

OMG RUN!!! 😯

enfht
    Free Member

Isn’t it amusing how certain dog owners impose their defecating pooches upon everyone and shout “nazi” at anyone who doesn’t agree

Nazis calling other people Nazis, whatever next 😀

AndyRT
    Free Member

you assume I don’t scoop up the apples after my hound, and believe me when I say they are more like Bramleys than Crab apples

philconsequence
    Free Member

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

you assume I don’t scoop up the apples after my hound, and believe me when I say they are more like Bramleys than Crab apples

I don’t assume anything about your practices with regard to picking up shit

AndyRT
    Free Member

its all in the wrist action 😉

andyl
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member
    personnally I think most dog owners have already taken it upon themselves to declare an antisocial war against the general community, why else would you toilet your dog on paths, playing fields and public parks?

Well personally I think comments like that are insulting to dog owners who act responsibly. You say ‘most’ so do you know for a fact that it is a majority? My Spaniel does 3 poos a day, round here there is lots of much bigger dogs so if all poos were left we would be knee deep in poo by now.

As a dog owner I can assure you that dog poo is more of a problem to me than you as I stick to known dog walking routes more than someone who is ‘just out for a walk’ needs to – ie I intentionally walk the same boring route most of the time to minimise my contact with other footpath/bridleway users, I also do so two times a day. As such I come across A LOT of dog poo left on the footpath and I do so in the dark when none dog owners are unlikely to be out on footpaths as they don’t need to be.

I also come across copious amounts of fox and badger poo – both of which are really nasty and along with other dogs poo are a health risk to my dog. So anyone who thinks it is petty bringing other animal poo into the discussion can you tell the difference or do you assume all poo on paths is from dogs?

Unlike a lot of dog owners who think it is only required to pick up poo that is on the footpath I pick it up anywhere as I do not want my dog picking up stuff from other dogs poo and thus act as I want other people to act and pick up all poo. I feel that return for being allowed access to farmers fields it is my responsibility to make sure my dog poo is not left there as it can be harmful to their livestock – particularly pregnant cows.

If you are not prepared to pick up dog poo then don’t have a dog. If you have a dog keep it off playing fields in case your dog has the shits that you can’t easily pick up in its entirety – dodging dog poo while playing rugby is not nice. Maybe then the people who tarnish us all with the same brush will find someone else to whine about.

Oh and how many keyboard warriors actually confront people who don’t pick up poo or do something about poo being left? Good on you to those who actually do as it is the only way people will stop it. 🙂

mt
    Free Member

One day I hope society is emotionally well developed enough so the ownership of cats and dogs in domestic prisons is not allowed.

aracer
    Free Member

I think somebody’s beaten you to it. Not that I’ve seen a sign, but then I’ve never noticed fox, badger, squirrel, hedgehog, slug, mice or rat poo on the pavement, in the park or on the beach, so clearly there must be some somewhere.

Now if you were suggesting putting signs up for the sheep, that might be a different matter.

andyl
    Free Member

I think somebody’s beaten you to it. Not that I’ve seen a sign, but then I’ve never noticed fox, badger, squirrel, hedgehog, slug, mice or rat poo on the pavement, in the park or on the beach, so clearly there must be some somewhere.

next time you roll around on the grass just think what animals have wee’d and poo’d there when humans are not invading their space. I wonder if people with OCD ever think of that? 😆

mmmmm at least you can see sheep poo and have a tasty nibble! (someone post that picture) 😀

AndyRT
    Free Member

went out for a ride recently, and during the pre-ride faff, a lady came by with an old, fat doberman. It then sat on a mates’ foot, and seemed to be happy to stay and get stroked buy 4 blokes on bikes. It eventually carried on its way back to its owner. Only then did my mate realize that the dog had done a wee all over his foot.

The rest of us saw the funny side instantly.

😆

aracer
    Free Member

Oh and how many keyboard warriors actually confront people who don’t pick up poo

I hope I’m not one of the keyboard warriors you’re referring to, but yes I do (though when I mentioned on here what I called somebody who left her dog mess behind I got a slating 🙄 ).

aracer
    Free Member

someone post that picture

I was going to, but thought better of it – wouldn’t want elf’s face to put people off their lunch!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Well personally I think comments like that are insulting to dog owners who act responsibly

so all those dog owners who use my local park and playing fields for toileting their dog are responsible?

If you are not prepared to pick up dog poo then don’t have a dog. If you have a dog keep it off playing fields in case your dog has the shits that you can’t easily pick up in its entirety – dodging dog poo while playing rugby is not nice.

can you keep them out of public parks as well, it would be really nice to ride around it not dodging antipersonnel mines and trying not to beat the dog off my 5 year old who wants to ride her bike unmolested by someoneelses dog

thanks in advance 😀

AndyRT
    Free Member

The answer, if not the solution…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Dogs on beaches – yuck’ is closed to new replies.