Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does this sound like nonsense …..
  • letmetalktomark

I have a Stanton Sherpa 29er running 120mm Rebas.

In 120mm guise the forks, when uncompressed, don’t offer a huge amount of stand over due to the tallish front end – I run a negative rise stem.

I was planning on dropping them to 110mm or even 100mm to help give a bit more room for the boys ….. at the moment they are up out of the way even stood over the HT end of the TT but not by much.

Now I have, due to be built soon, a 650b+ front wheel for a try out – A Hugo rim and Trailblazer 2.8.

This was destined for something else but I think it should fit in the 29er Reba on the Sherpa.

Now a 650b+ wheel even with a 2.8 tyre isn’t quite as tall as a 29er certainly not as tall as the Hans Dampf 2.35 I have fitted on a Flow EX at the moment.

So by running the 650b+ wheel in the Reba it will mean a slightly lower TT.

I appreciate this will effect the geometry but surely the effect would only occur with using a 100mm fork etc?

Could this work or am I talking nonsense?

IA

Does this sound like nonsense

Yes 😉

Why does standover matter when you’re riding? I’m only trolling slightly with that question, never noticed it making a difference but I am tall.

If you’re standing around a lot with your bike, crack on with silly wheel antics as you’re not riding it much so it maybe doesn’t matter? 😉

bikeneil
    Free Member

Standover is something the Victorians worried about…

Junkyard
    Free Member

I cannot stand over two of my bikes
    Thankfully all my crashes are OTB 😛

scotroutes

Dropping travel will lower the BB, so will running a B+ wheel and tyre. Do you need both or, dare say it, is the frame the wrong size/geometry for you?

onehundredthidiot

As above why standover? If it fits while riding go with that.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Never understood the standover obsession some people have, surely geometry should be something that makes the bike ride better, not sonething that allows you to take scenic pictures without fully getting off. Who stands over their bike with both feet down? One foot on pedal, one on floor and arse on saddle is much comfier if you really have to stop

letmetalktomark

Cheers guys.

I do like cake and standing around.

Perhaps it’s a non issue 🙂

Frame is an XL usual for me just that I don’t usually run such a tall front end.

I might still give it a bash ….. Will post pics 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does this sound like nonsense …..’ is closed to new replies.