• This topic has 46 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • does anyone live on THE FENS
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Matt.. you have my condolences!

Do you agree that Wisbech smells of chips and Germaline? (or rather, the people in Argos do)..

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Yep, it's horrid.

I worked in Argos when it opened as a Saturday job. It was awful.

I could fill a book with tales of inbred inneptitude. For example I once sat in on a conversation between a foreman and his staff at a plant nursery where it became apparent they had no idea that bands played at the Glastonbury festival, they thought students just went there to camp in the mud! As for the confused mystification that my pager created (it was the days before mobile phones)when I tried to explain it's use….

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

excellent! that does indeed sound about right.

My parents have been living there since 1986 and are still viewed as "outsiders".

Furthermore my father is viewed with great suspicion indeed as he wears a suit to work…. he's known throughout the neighbouring village as "that Mr Chapman in his suit"

sunchaser
    Free Member

I got transfered to a new job near the fens when our company bought a new car dealership…. I told the staff I'd been sent to thin down the gene pool.

Didn't go down too well…

richmars
    grahamt1980

Surprised they bothered to go down there.
    Last time they got a cop car burnt out, or so I heard

mboy
    Free Member

Had to do a couple of days work just by Sutton Bridge a few months ago… To say it was an experience is an understatement! I mean I'm a (west) country boy through and through, and used to being miles from anywhere… But when "anywhere" is either Kings Lynn, Boston or Wisbech!

😯

Well… At least you can see the inbreds coming from 20 miles or so away no matter where you are! 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘does anyone live on THE FENS’ is closed to new replies.