Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Does anyone elses other half…
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

…base decisions or plan the day based entirely on what they imagine will happen, or how long they imagine something will take, or how they imagine things work, and stubbornly dismiss actual evidence to the contrary because it contradicts what they imagine?

So far I have been moaned at for using up all the hot water in our holiday cottage, despite explaining in the most simple terms how an on demand system works, and despite all the information on the official website and numerous online reviews saying allow 2-3 hours, the days plans are based around GoApe taking no more than an hour to complete, as she doesn’t imagine it will take longer than that.

Going to be a long week I think 🙂

martinhutch

Turn off the boiler while she is mid-shower. Then moan at her for using up all the hot.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No longer the other half – yes really annoying

project
    Free Member

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, is a good read,

Just think of women as being the total opposite of Mr Spock off Star Trek, Totally illogical but based on fact

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mine doesn’t seem to have much interest in facts though. Unless they are facts she has thought up.

Like the shower idea 🙂

scaredypants

Hang on – you’ve taken her to center parcs ?

Is she a mumsnet user ?

No wonder she’s not thinking straight 😀

yunki
    Free Member

Err.. Don’t want to climb on the feminist soapbox here but a couple of you seem to have got the terms ‘women’ and ‘stupid women’ mixed up..

An easy mistake I guess as like attracts like in the animal kingdom

Just sayin 🙂

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Get a jug of water and throw it over the top of the shower curtain whilst saying that the hot water has run out. Then run – far and fast. 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

No, not Centerparcs – I could understand the fear induced muddled thinking if that sort of thing was on the agenda.

BillMC

In my previous relationship I found any ‘discussion’ about planning the day ended up with her plans adopted. I spent decades ‘avoiding’ this by saying ‘I don’t mind’. It was a power game. I eventually switched the power off which surprised her a lot, as she hadn’t planned it.

dknwhy

I get, “we can’t do that because there’s so much to do today – ironing, cook dinner, list of other minor tasks etc… That she tries to stretch out to sound like loads”

When I actually add them in terms of time and it turns out that it will take 2 hrs rather than all day, I’m in the wrong.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it is good to be back to the more honest conversation with mates where you can say Nah that sounds like a shit idea, fair point mate.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I don’t mind doing what the rest of the family want, not at all, on a family holiday I’m quite content knowing they’re having fun. It’s just quite an intriguing concept being what I think simply so it can de disagreed with – ‘I don’t mind, you decide’ doesn’t allow responsibility for the resultant debacle to be laid at my door, so is therefore not an accepted response 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Our daughter has caught it too. Last week she went out on her bike, and 3 hours later phoned me complaining she was locked out the house and hungry and where was I. She hung up on me when I explained that ‘I’m going to work at lunchtime’ actually meant I was going to work at lunchtime.

bikebouy
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    it is good to be back to the more honest conversation with mates where you can say Nah that sounds like a shit idea, fair point mate.

POSTED 7 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

+1

Drac

You locked your daughter out of the house?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Technically I suppose I did, although I thought telling her as she left that I was soon going to work would have resulted in her taking her key.

ajantom

If I’m driving somewhere to go for a bike ride, rather than going from the house, my normally rational and intelligent wife can’t seem to grasp the concept of ‘travelling time’. So she will assume that a 2 hour ride will mean I am back two hours after I leave the house, rather than about 3 1/2 having allowed 30 mins driving time and about 15 minutes faffing at each end.
    This continues to be an issue, even after 7 years of evidence to the contrary. Oh, yes and the assumption that gardening does itself, and mowing the lawn/tidying the borders can be done in half an hour.

cranberry
    Free Member

So far I have been moaned at for using up all the hot water in our holiday cottage, despite explaining in the most simple terms how an on demand system works, and despite all the information on the official website and numerous online reviews saying allow 2-3 hours, the days plans are based around GoApe taking no more than an hour to complete, as she doesn’t imagine it will take longer than that.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be ne..

Our daughter has caught it too. Last week she went out on her bike, and 3 hours later phoned me complaining she was locked out the house and hungry and where was I. She hung up on me when I explained that ‘I’m going to work at lunchtime’ actually meant I was going to work at lunchtime.

Oh. 🙁

thegreatape
    Free Member

🙂

badllama
    Free Member

I have time issues with my other half if we are going out I’ll say “right so we are going to x it’s a 2 hour drive there it’s expensive to get in, so we want a full day there we need to set off at 8.30am”

8.30am that morning I’ll be loading my camera gear in the car go back in the house “are you ready?” No I’ve make up to do blah blah blah, which leads to the row of “what part of we are leaving at 8.30 am” don’t you understand?”

There was one time she was an hour and a half over past the the leaving time I’d sat in the car 20 mins listening to the radio. Then gone back in the house and checked the emails did a few other jobs and as she finally came down the stairs, I left the house for a bike ride.
    Her: Where you going?
    Me: Out on the bike
    Her: I though we were going to x? (3 1/2 hours drive away)
    Me: We were 2 hours ago
    Her:so what are we doing now?
    Me: do whatever the **** you want I’m going out on the bike 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Err.. Don’t want to climb on the feminist soapbox here but a couple of you seem to have got the terms ‘women’ and ‘stupid women’ mixed up..

An easy mistake I guess as like attracts like in the animal kingdom

😆 😆

was going to say something along the same lines, although not so mean 😉

Does make me think how (whatever gender orientation) we so often ‘choose’ partners on a wholly different criteria than we ‘choose’ best friends. It’s not like all men or all women are stupid/intellectually incompatible.

colp

I’m in the process of writing a piece on thermostats after spending 15 years explaining that the heating is actually turned on, but the “magic box that can tell how hot the house is” has decided that the boiler doesn’t need to heat the radiators right now.
    I’ll follow it up with one on how hinges and light switches can actually work both ways .

wallop

Oh I do love a good singletrack misogyny thread.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s not misogyny though is it – I chose the title carefully as other halves can be either gender. It just so happens that mine is female. I haven’t specified my gender 🙂

badllama
    Free Member

Oh I do love a good singletrack misogyny thread.

I’m sure we are given a run for our money on mumsnet etc… 🙂

wallop

I’m sure mumsnet is far worse! 😆

MoreCashThanDash

“I’ve been busy all day doing three loads of washing”

No, you haven’t. You have loaded, set up, and emptied the washing machine 3 times. 45 minutes to allow for hanging out and proper sorting and folding, which looking at the resulting ironing mountain didn’t happen.

If you’d carried it all two miles to the river and handwashed it all on the rocks, then you might get the sympathy you are obviously expecting. 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

or the opposite
    How come you didn’t do the washing, dishes, clean the house and do the shopping today?
    Er I work from home, I was working

martinhutch

Did you actually say that, MCTD? 😯

Some people on here are addicted to dangerous situations…

MoreCashThanDash

D’oh! You really think I’d say that?

Besides, that’s a long way down my list of minor annoyances!

jam-bo

A bit like the STW neighbours threads make me glad to live where I do, threads like this made me glad to be living with who I’ve chosen to live with…

yunki
    Free Member

+1 Jam bo.. Living the dream 🙂

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

A good friend once said to me ” women are not wired up right, some just have slightly better wiring than others”
    (apologies to all the fairer sex reading this )

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Living the dream

Watched the Ashes till about 2:30am, the TdF, rode my bike today and now drinking beer. Is this not the dream?

Selled
    Free Member

THIS should make everything clear. Then you need never worry about the differences again.

granny_ring

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, is a good read

I find it a touch funny that the authors wife left him.

yunki
    Free Member

Mike.. I’m fairly certain that I could do that with my other half, if cricket was my cuppa tea.. followed by a bottle of rum and as much rumpy pumpy as I wish for at bedtime..

Stop marrying bitches and eedjuts guys.. It really is that simple

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Marry? Don’t be stupid. got to keep them on their toes

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone elses other half…’ is closed to new replies.