Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Do you sometimes feel like 'just going for a potter' on your bike?
  • simondbarnes

Pottering is all I really ever feel like doing on a bicycle.

funkmasterp

I’m definitely pootling more recently. Combination of bad fitness and time restraints. A nice pootle down the Middlewood way rather than getting my gear together and heading to Macc Forest. Strangely, the Stache is good for pootling as well as riding like a possessed mad man.

oink1
    Free Member

Fatbike lends its self to pootling imo. I like riding round the endless paths where I live, as I used to do as a school kid. Pumping the bike on the drop kerbs and seeing how far I can go without peddling 😀

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

I tried to potter last night but with 500metres of climbing in 20km, it’s difficult to potter up hills when I just want to be at the top, so had a potter through a farmyard and cause the cows some amusement

jeffl

Went for a nice pootle last weekend, just along some old railway lines. Quite nice to switch brain off, admire the scenery and not worry about line choices or traffic.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Often…no helmet, no backpack, just me and the bike. Very liberating

malchales
    Free Member

I pootle up the Downs Link from Worthing along the coast road on my crosser every now and then. The Red Lion in Shoreham is always a welcome pub stop for a nice pint of Harveys!!
    Im sure Kinesis invented my crosslight pro 6 for very this…….

rocketman
    Free Member

Tried again last night. Nope

Strava is in bits

benp1

Nearly all my ridings is pootling. I still often use Strava (if its over a few miles), not because I’m gnarr but because it records my mileage and sticks it on my heatmap, helps me remember where I went and then I can add bits of take bits off

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t really do this. Round here it’s all town or the same hills I ride in normally.

I pootle about to and from work and trains and things though. Even though it’s a faff I actually quite enjoy being liberated from my car and using bike/train.Utilitarian cycling is a different side of things and quite enjoyable, cathartic even somehow.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I’m rather new to this pedaling uphill lark. I’ve ridden our self built local downhilly tracks flat out for all the years we’ve been building them. But doing miles around trail centres and moorland tracks on a lightweight bike is a very different thing for me and although I will attack a nice descent it’s never a record attempt scenario.

mildbore

I quite often go on flower sniffing rides with my wife, and love to pootle around with my grandson, but for myself I always choose fast woodland blasts or gnar-fests. The idea of stopping at a pub never appeals to me because I hate the idea of riding under the influence. Did it once when I was young, got drunk and had a very scarey ride back home. Never mixed alcohol and bikes since

Northwind

I’m mostly into tech and difficult and laughing out loud but yeah, absolutely. Getting my fatbike’s really been a good thing for that, for me, for ages I’ve had gnar bikes that really aren’t ideal for bimbling, but nothing ambles like a fatbike. I didn’t really know I missed that

epicyclo

There’s pottering, there’s bimbleing, and there’s pootleing.

Those are my 3 riding styles.

Yesterday was pottering around Torridon with an Australian Thursoite enjoying the scenery.

rs
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to ride almost every day lately, so maybe 2 or 3 rides a week are proper mtb rides, the rest of the days I cruise down to the water somewhere to add in some miles, spin the legs if they’re tired and just generally help get some sun and keep me sane. I do strava every one though to track how much riding i’m doing.

CheesybeanZ

When it all gets a bit noisy – I often feel like doing a reggie perrin and disappearing on the bike .

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s a really nice rural pub that’s a nice 45 minutes on riverside singletrack from me, now and then I enjoy a saunter up there, couple of ales and home.

A couple of beers always gives me a bit if an energy kick mind, I always end up hammering some nice bits of trail on the way home!.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Do you sometimes feel like 'just going for a potter' on your bike?’ is closed to new replies.