Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Do you keep your sock drawer tidy?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You know, all pairs together tucked up in nice little balls?

Or are you generally what might be considered a bit of a slob?

Thanks.

northshoreniall

neatly paired, one side for sports and proper shoe socks, other for boots socks – wife blames my ocd on being itu nurse.

jon1973
    Free Member

Paired, in a dedicated sock drawer, simplified by always buying the same colour/sized/make socks so pairing is easier (any sock can be paired with any other).

yunki
    Free Member

a sock what..!?

a drawer..?
    just for socks..?

are you mental..?
    I only take mine off to wash them or darn them.. they’ve never got time to be in a drawer..
    they are more darn than sock at the moment though.. xmas can’t come soon enough..

Mugboo

Yes

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

ER….

Netdonkey

No

iDave
    Free Member

not having socks paired in a tidy bundle does not indicate being a slob. it just indicates having a life.

and WTF is a sock ‘draw’??? I expected better TSY!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – those were almost my exact words!

emsz
    Free Member

socks knickers tights bras all in a big pile on the floor *points, over there*

floordrobe

juan
    Free Member

order by colour and pairs. I have two boxes of socks, one for sports and one for everyday. In the everyday box generally work socks are one side and cool socks (mink/green/purple/disney) are on the other side.

crikey
    Free Member

Socks for road riding are carefully stored in one corner of a drawer that is the size of a pro snooker table. Those for grubbing about in mud are chucked in with the rest of my underclothing.

northdownsouth
    Free Member

sock go straight from dryer to pile in front of chest o draws to feet. Simple system= no lost socks 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Slobs 😉

footflaps

yes, work on LHS, Sports on RHS. All paired.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My wife does yes.

She knows how I like them putting away – underpants on the left, socks on the right.

warton
    Free Member

hell yeah, little carrier bag in there too, to store all the odd socks that have their partners still in the wash…

cinnamon_girl

Ikea organisor here, sports socks have their own little compartment, as do stockings. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

socks *ladies unmentionables* all in a big pile on the floor *points, over there*

floordrobe

+1 for floordrobe. If I put stuff away, I usually then can’t bloody find it again.

Mind, most of my stuff is on a pile on one of the sofas, not all over the floor.

a sock what..!?

a drawer..?
    just for socks..?

are you mental..?

This. Although I spose I do chuck socks and pants and gloves and stuff into the top drawer along with important documents and stuffs. Then scoop them all out onto the floor if I can’t find something, and often just leave them there.

As for ordered drawers, that’s just wrong. Probbly mathematicians do stuff like that. 😐

My wife does yes.

She knows how I like them putting away – underpants on the left, socks on the right.

Wrong. Just wrong. I’d have people like youse sent to the Tower if I had my way.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I’m so glad other people are this organised with their socks! I was worried I was weird. Labelled boxes stacked in airing cupboard, sports socks and socks. They are paired else what’s the point. So nice to have zero sock stress of a morning 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

What the hell is the floor for otherwise?!?!

emsz
    Free Member

any one want to come to mine and organize my stuff 😕

Markie
    Free Member

Yes. With the Lakeland drawer organiser. Well, actually that’s how my wife organises hers. I’ve only got three types of socks, and I pair them up and put them in separate piles in my sock drawer.

iDave
    Free Member

I was worried I was weird. Labelled boxes stacked in airing cupboard, sports socks and socks.

You are a freak. Don’t let the fact that there are others like you make you think you’re not very weird 🙂

Squidlord
    Free Member

They are paired else what’s the point. So nice to have zero sock stress of a morning

+1

Also, if I don’t put them away, the dog will chew them.

stuey
    Free Member

I ‘choose’ my socks by ‘matching’ complimentary odds – the differences in colour and patterns cheers me up.

Life’s too short.

stuey
    Free Member

Though Markie’s frilly draw is also appealing.

emsz
    Free Member

sock stress 😆 😆

Anna-B
    Free Member

Sorry markie, fellow sock organiser, but the drawer organiser….. it’s just a bit too “Sleeping with the enemy” when you know the crazy guys around because everything is absurdly over-neat.

See iDave, that’s balance for you. Proves I’m not a freak 🙂

ac282

I just binned all my socks and bought 20 identical pairs.
    All my socks match = no need to pair them

iDave
    Free Member

Bloody hell, it’s not a ‘draw’ it’s a DRAWER – were you all educated by cretins FFS

Markie
    Free Member

The shame of being the outlier in any STW opinion sampling thread – the one true way of knowing you’re (no, really, it’s not me, it’s my wife) really out there… 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

any one want to come to mine and organize my stuff

Yeah I’ll come round Emsz but truth is then we’ll probbly just end up getting propperly drunk and then it’ll just be even worse than before. 😀

Be fun though. Life’s to short to waste it worrying about socks ffs.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am halfway between slob and anally retentive sock ordering, away but not ordered.

_tom_
    Free Member

I roll my socks up and put them in my “sock pile area” of the wardrobe. I don’t have any drawers in my bedroom.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hahaa great thread!!

Cycling/sports socks kept in a huge bag near all my cycling gear in thier own wardrobe (I thank you)
    Work/smart socks in thier own drawer but not in pairs, gently rolled together mind.
    Undies have thier own sperate section of my wardrobe, all white on one shelf, black another, coloured the next and so on.

I’m neat enough to find stuff and yet not that bothered if stuff just gets washed and chucked in..

mos

Ikea organisers in my drawers. 1 for White sports socks, 1 for dark sports socks & dark every day socks, 1 for cycling socks (subdivided again for light & dark), then bulky ones for walking/skiing in another draw.
    Grundies piled up in descending order of comfiness adjacent to socks.

Anna-B
    Free Member

All deleted.

Realised I sound like hideous judgemental sock gestapo 🙁

ourmaninthenorth

I have 2 sock drawers.

Yes, that’s two. One for clean, and one for dirty.

The explanation is even more weird, so I shan’t share….

Markie
    Free Member

The explanation is even more weird, so I shan’t share…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w0ZyfkukUs[/video]

Hopefully that’s a ‘go on, go on, go on’ video, I’ve broked my headphones.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Do you keep your sock drawer tidy?’ is closed to new replies.