Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • District 9
  • uplink
    Free Member

Well, it didn't do it for me

Maybe if Will Smith had been cast it would have been OK 😉

vinnyeh

Been wondering about this- what was the problem?

Good reviews though- 89% on the tomatometer

uplink
    Free Member

I dunno – it just didn't gel with me
    Lot's of others seemed to have enjoyed it so ………….

Maybe I was expecting too much & took in too much of the hype
    It was a good film just not the big wow! I'd expected

vinnyeh

fair enough. Not Independence Day then? 😆

stuey
    Free Member

– the sequel will be better 😉

CaptJon
    Free Member

I'd not seen the first 8 so i was worried i'd not get the back story/characters etc. However, i thought it was very good – a nice departure from most alien films and non-patronising moral tone to it. SFX were pretty good too.

Fooook

pomona
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. As others have said it's not your usual alien film, even if it was slightly predictable in places. Not amazingly good but still worth watching.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Go in with no preconceptions and you'll really like it.

It is very good but also very different from Independance day etc, not that sort of film

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Independance day was toss. I liked district 9. Not outstanding but good.

dmiller
    Free Member

I really liked it – not quite what I was expecting but it was very good.

Sequel is set up nicely as well 😉

grievoustim
    Free Member

i saw it last night

a bit dissapointed to be honest – it was good but the good reviews had led me to expect something evan better

SPOILER ALERT

the fx, loctaions etc were all very good – just something in the tone that did not quite gel with me. And there were only 2 fleshed out alien characters, the rest were just mindless drones. Seemed too much of a gulf between the main alien and his son (intelligent, clear motivation etc) and the rest who were just mindlessly eating raw meat and catfood

and please no sequels – i am having Matrix reloaded/ revolutions flashbacks and I don't like it one little bit

grievoustim
    Free Member

oh and did anyone see the trailer for 2012? (made by the same guy who did Independence Day and the Day After Tommorrow)

Is he ever going to get bored of making "end of the world" films that look good in the trailer, but are like watching paint dry over 2.5 hours?

colin@rush
    Free Member

Went with my missus to watch it, i really liked the film, she hated it…

BoardinBob

Went with my missus to watch it, i really liked the film, she hated it…

+1

I liked it, she hated it then berated me for an hour for being a pretentious ar$e

mickyfinn
    Free Member

SPOILER ANSWER!

the fx, loctaions etc were all very good – just something in the tone that did not quite gel with me. And there were only 2 fleshed out alien characters, the rest were just mindless drones. Seemed too much of a gulf between the main alien and his son (intelligent, clear motivation etc) and the rest who were just mindlessly eating raw meat and catfood

Did you fall asleep through the bit where the docu' talked about how the aliens they found when opening the ship were like drones and the mention of the leaders/higher intelligence aliens being absent 😀
    the intelligent ones went down with the missing command module and since it was under his house It's safe to assume guess he was one of those.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A little bit of cliche at the end but overall, the most original idea involving aliens (in both senses of the word) I've seen in ages. Liked that the actors were all relative unknowns (outside SA anyway). Hope they don't do a sequel because you know Hollywood will get in with the money and ruin it.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Didn't really read anything before I went and loved it…..the first half was great…..brilliant performances and effects…the second half was pretty intense chase and shoot-em-up …..not a bad thing…easily one of the best films I've seen in a while

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘District 9’ is closed to new replies.