Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Disneyland Paris help please
  • swisstony
    Free Member

On the way over to the alps for our summer hols (with bikes of course) we're thinking of stopping off at Disney for a couple of days but i've not been anywhere near anything like that before so need some help!

I've had a look on their site and the first thing that jumps out is it ain't goner be cheap for a family of four so what are the tips?

I'm guessing it's cheaper to stay outside the park but how far is the park from Paris/anything else?

Is 2 days enough to do it though for a third day it's an 'only' an extra £80ish.

I'm also guessing a picnic is a good idea as oppose to eating there?

Oh and any offers available like 2 for 1's ?

ta

Done it twice now, great for the kids. Both times had good deals kids go free & last time all meals free.
    We stayed in Disney hotels as they are closer & you save time travelling. Also you get the "extra magic hours" which means earlier access to the parks in the mornings. You also get a fat pass which again worked well with the more popular rides.

If you do go, check a few days before to see if any rides are being closed for maintenace.
    Take your own snacks with you & just go for it

swisstony
    Free Member

thanks, all the official offers only seem to run until april so i'll have to wait til closer the time.

I see what you mean about wasting time travelling and extra time sounds good as does a pass.

ta

nuke

Went last year…I was quite the cynical dad but actually absolutely loved it. It is so much better than the British ones like Thorpe, Alton Towers, Chessington etc and well worth it imo.

We arrived by Eurostar and the whole area is very much like its only little town and you don't really get the vibe your in any particular European country. Given this, it is worth staying in one of the Disney hotels (We stayed in the Sequoia) as in the morning/evenings you can wander around the bits outside the park (Well worth going to Buffalo Bills Wild West show).

In the parks, use the Fast-track: its free (unlike most British theme parks) and works very well to get you on rides with little or no queue.

2 days should be enough…a day for each park but I'd get in early (which you can do if you stay on site) and quickly get around the more popular rides. We did two nights and so had the afternoon on the first day which allowed us to do a good few rides, 2nd day Disney Studios then back to the main park on the last day just doing the favourite rides again and actually just enjoying the non-ride stuff.

bri-72

Went last year took train from Paris, no problem but was quite busy. Given Paris hotels weren't cheap staying at resort may be no bad thing. We took our own food resent paying Michelin star prices fir burger n chips.

aikon
    Free Member

Have been 4-5 times now, I've lost count. Off site best option we've found is the self catering Davy Crockett Ranch, onsite the Disneyland Hotel was the best option, own private door to the park & no travelling at all to get in & out. Buying meal vouchers before you go will save you absolutely loads on food, book your evening meal venue at least 24-36 hours in advance, we usually picnic for lunch with food bought at the local supermarket, the hotel concierge will arrange a free cab to the local outlet shopping village & get you collected when you are ready. (This is next to the supermarket)

swisstony
    Free Member

Just priced it up and for 2 nights in the sequoia plus passes is £942, christ it better be good!

We've got an awesome gite in the alps for a fortnight for £800!

nuke

Oh yeah…if you get breakfast included make sure you pick up the breakfast tickets quickly as all the good times go fairly sharpish and you don't want to end up with a late breakfast when you want to be in the park.

dtp555
    Free Member

Just came back on Saturday. My first time in Euro Disney, been to Florida many times before. Really enjoyed it although small in comparison to the states. 2-3 days should be enough depending on the age of the kids. I advise a Disney hotel, and use the magic hours and fast passes.

Take zip bags and make up sandwiches at breakfast to eat in the park during the day. Buy drinks from the shop in the railway station, much cheaper than anywhere else. We went to Cafe Mickey, if you have young kids this is excellent, although expensive, the characters come to the table and spend a bit of time with you. My top tip though is avoid weekends at all costs. All week park was OK, but on Saturday was mad busy, 1hr + wait for everything.

wheelz
    Free Member

We're doing exactly the same – heading for the Alps and stopping off at Eurodisney.

Main problem for us is that I need to find somewhere to store four bikes when we're at the park, as I obviously don't want to leave them on the back of the car.

Do any of the resort hotels have storage?

caledonia
    Free Member

Cheaper option is the Davey Crocket Ranch.
    Honestly it's kinda like big static caravans made to look like log cabins.
    The short (sub 5 mins) car journey is 1 junction away on the Mway.

It's cheaper, has it's own wee village shoppe, and if your only going for a couple of days, then it may well be the cheaper option.

You could also leave the bikes in the cabin whilst out at the park.
    Magic hours and Fast passes still apply btw.

Family of 4 including passes, parking and brekkie worked out Waaayyyy cheaper than the Hotels for us last year. (My kids are young tho)

imp999
    Free Member

Realy disliked it and would never go again.
    Got food poisoning and could not wait to get away.
    Just before the exit from every ride there was a shop to go through full of related merchandise and hard sell.
    Kids liked it but never pleaded to go back.

Small World….Jesus Christ, on and on it went.

Hope your time there is more bearable than mine was.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

MY girlfriend and I love it, although saving for a house mean we haven't been able to go for a couple of years.

Staying in a Disney hotel lets you breakfast in 'Fantasyland' in the park before it open to Joe Public, letting you tick off most of the smaller rides early. Truth be told, Peter Pan and Dumbo get massive queues through the day and aren't really worth it.

Not to be too nerdy, but the art and little things you don't notice are amazing. If you're interested in design do a little desk research before you go.

For example, although a dull ride, It's a Small World was largely designed by Mary Blair who's a very highly regarded designer/illustrator.

If you walk past Phantom Manor to Boot Hill, there's a graveyard with witty gravestones which is worth 5 mins.

The original audio welcoming you to the Phantom Manor was recorded by Vincent Price, but they don't use it anymore as patrons are mainly Non-English, so they use a French voice-over instead.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Disneyland Paris help please’ is closed to new replies.