Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Did NewZealand score the winning penalty?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Or not as the clip doing the rounds on Facebook shows ? I think the French were robbed?

hels
    Free Member

Perhaps it was a robot sent from the future by Skynet ? Or Elvis ?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Funny i thought at the time that it just went past the right post but i wasnt recording it so couldnt reply. On first view for me it didnt go past, but surely the linesmen were in a better position to see.

druidh
    Free Member

stevewhyte – Member
    Funny i thought at the time that it just went past the right post but i wasnt recording it so couldnt reply. On first view for me it didnt go past, but surely the linesmen were in a better position to see.

Or the 15 Frenchmen on the field?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That does look rather dubious..

But then it was their right to win, wasn’t it? Just look at he way the final was reffed…..

NZCol

Omfg are we still doing this ?
    The penalty kick went inside the post, unless bothe linesmen are blind, 60,000 spectators are blind and Beaver himself is blind perhaps, maybe, you know, someone might have noticed ?
    And the ref, what can I say, clearly NZ cheated, paid the ref off and were completely destined to win. I mean, never in history have they been on the wrong end of a refereeing issue, never. Not that it makes it right. I personally thought Joubert was a good ref all the way through the comp. But Flashy seeing as he didn’t want the cup to happen in NZ anyway and thus felt that everything about it was wrong and McCaw is such a cheat, and REMEMBER THE SPEAR TACKLE ON O’DRISCOLL. Oh my god I mean , gosh, so bad.
    Nobody has a right to anything in sport, in life, ever, sh1t happens, sometimes things aren;t how you want them. Get over it.
    I touched the cup the other day which was nice.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well done to New Zealand for winning the Rugby World Cup.

hels
    Free Member

I think you have discounted my robots theory too quickly, NZCol.

P.S Don’t bite, they are just trying to harsh our buzz it’s very petty, and if the French are really saying that, pretty lame of them

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 Flashy beating the sam old drum, keep this up Captain and you will be straying very close to TJ and Helmet territory 😀

Mattie_H
    Free Member

CFH entered that territory a long time ago…

hels
    Free Member

P.P.S and while we are there, it’s New Zealand, not NewZealand. Just for the record.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Why so bitter CFH? Time to get over it!

donsimon
    Free Member

Is this a case of NBE (Nobody but England) rather than ABE, lacking grace in defeat is rather ugly.
    Let’s say, and I just asking the question here, let’s say it was a wrong decision. What’s the solution? A replay? Analysis of every game in history? Full on TV replays for every decision?
    Some calls are right, some calls are wrong, in the bigger picture you win some and you lose some.
    Don’t begrudge the New Zealand victory, celebrate it because you certainly can’t change anything except you attitude.

MarkyG82

I think they deserved the overall win. The scores in the game were fine but they coulda done more at the end of the game with the ball. In the end, they won. End of.

crispy
    Free Member

Yeah. Wot Col said.

I’d expect nothing less from Flash. He’s never had anything pleasant to say about the antipodes as far as I can tell.

Not quite sure what the bee in the bonnet is, but hey ho…

Buzzard
    Free Member

NZcol – now you know what it feels like. Same thing happened to the Saffa’s in 1995 (food poisoning wasnt it) and again in 2007 (Cueto try/no try) – at the end of the day you need a little luck to win the WC (NZ knows better than most), but there is no conspiracy here. Congrats – enjoy the 4 years

bentos
    Free Member

Nothing matters but the final score, winning ugly is still winning and I doubt anyone in NZ cares how they won!

I think that if you look at how the teams in the final played the French were the better team, but throughout the tournament NZ were the best by a country mile. There will always be people who are unhappy with the result of any (major) competition, but that is why sport is so compelling.

bentos
    Free Member

What I meant to say was ‘France played better rugby’, the ‘better team’ was obviously NZ as they won!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Well done to New Zealand for winning the Rugby World Cup.

Exactly..

singletracksurfer

yeah but they got properly dealt with when they spear tackled BoD and apologised he go hurt and wished him well which was nice & sporting… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsXJyDHFKn0 😉

In sports such as football and rugby with referees sometimes mistakes & bad calls happen. It’s crap but its part of the sport. Which is why I’m not really too bothered about who wins in the end but the way they played. Its just fun to watch (and probably even funnier when cock-ups are made in very important games) 🙂

p.s. agree with Bentos 2nd paragraph.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Did NewZealand score the winning penalty?’ is closed to new replies.