Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Destination the Alps – Avid Juicy Calipers Query…….
  • slugwash
    Free Member

… those little silver bits of metal which I’ve lost (not the pad springs) that clip into the back of the calipers.

Can you live without them or should I be thinking about aquiring replacements before I head off to Sainte Foy in a couple of weeks ? 😕

As seen towards bottom RH side of photo….

mk1fan
    Free Member

It’ll be fine. When the rotor is in place, the pads are held in place by the centre knob on the piston too.

higgo
    Free Member

Yes, you can live without them.

They fell off mine fairly early on and I never replaced them. I did two Alps trips while I hae Juicys so at least the last one, inc. Passportes, was done without that bit. If they’d fallen off before the first trip (quite possible) that would have included a Megavalanche too.

What’s the worst that could happen?
    (apart from death, injury or disfigurement)

slugwash
    Free Member

What’s the worst that could happen?
    (apart from death, injury or disfigurement)

I’ll have to walk into a bike shop in/near Les Arcs and spend a fortune on a new set of disc brakes when I could of bought some online in the UK (or from Rosebikes) much cheaper 😉

Cheers for the reassurance though. I lost a pad spring on Dartmoor a week or two ago and my front wheel rotor jammed in the caliper. I was worried that my lack of the silver bit of metal might have been instrumental in that particular incident.

Milkie
    Free Member

Sainte Foy…. When are you leaving? I’m going on the 17th of Sept, can’t wait!

slugwash
    Free Member

Sainte Foy…. When are you leaving? I’m going on the 17th of Sept, can’t wait!

We leave for home on the 17th. If it’s the Whiteroom you’re heading for then we’ll try and leave the place in a decent state for you. No promises though 😉

trailmonkey

we’ll try and leave the place in a decent state for you

i confidently predict that certain rooms will resemble scenes from the works of Hieronymus Bosch by the end of the week.

anyone arriving on the 17th should innoculate themselves as though they were about to spend 6 months in Calcutta.

slugwash
    Free Member

i confidently predict that certain rooms will resemble scenes from the works of Hieronymus Bosch by the end of the week

You could fairly confidently predict that the Bosch resemblence will come into being by the end of the first weekend, let alone the first week!

Also, sometime from the 10th of September onwards the appellation ‘White Room’ will be a purely historical reference term and will no longer have any fidelity with the colour, decor, or cleanliness of chalet or its alpine location 😉

(FAO Steve & Iona. Only joking, paying guest & fastidious house cleaner James ‘shinythings’ Clayton will be donning his Endura pinny and clearing up all the detritus & destruction after us)

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Having ridden juicys in the alps I can thouroughlly recomend replacing ALL of the components, with those from anoyther manufacturer.

Milkie
    Free Member

We leave for home on the 17th. If it’s the Whiteroom you’re heading for then we’ll try and leave the place in a decent state for you. No promises though

By the sounds of it Jamie ShineyThings will have his work cut out! Of course I’m off to the WhiteRoom 😉

Having ridden juicys in the alps I can thouroughlly recomend replacing ALL of the components, with those from anoyther manufacturer.

Oh dear you’re not the first to say that, I have Juicy’s, but I’m pretty light 66Kg fully laden! May have to swap the front for a Hope M4 I have in the garage!?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Looking forward to it guys!

FWIW, we really don’t like Juicys, but that wee bit doesn’t really matter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Destination the Alps – Avid Juicy Calipers Query…….’ is closed to new replies.