Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Decent work boots?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Need some work boots for new job, can’t stand ‘sand wellies’ and want some that look as normal as possible.

Best so far are Timberland Pro Euro Hiker, anything else good that don’t look shite?

midlifecrashes

You mean safety boots that don’t look like safety boots?

Site Topaz Chelsea boots from Screwfix?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I like my Hoggs Tornado boots. Took a few hours to break them in but love them now.

maccruiskeen

My two faves at the moment are Catepillar Brode Hi Tops and Uvex Motorsport Safety Trainers. With the latter you need to dump the insoles and put some better ones in though.

The trick though is finding somewhere you can actually try stuff on theres a lot of fundamentally bad workwear out there, but if you can find good stuff its great. Anything I’ve had from Catepillar has always been the comfiest footwear I’ve owned and I can happily buy that online now that I’m familiar with their sizing.

Screwfix have a decent range but you’d need to go there on a quiet day to have any hope of getting a set out of the warehouse and on your feet. If you have a branch of Arco locally they usually stock a good range. Otherwise the best place you’ll find work boots / shoes on the high st to actually try on is actually Sports Direct

imn

Although it could restrict choice, if you need real work boots check what category is suitable/required. Ones with steel midsoles (e.g class S3) etc tend to be a bit more industrial IME. The lowest category SB ones don’t offer much protection.

ericemel
    Free Member

If you are throwing money at the problem – Red Wing Boots are awesome.

Woody
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with Altberg as it’s the default choice for those who buy their own at my workplace but I’ll give a vote for Hoggs too, which are excellent and depending on the model much cheaper! I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and they look like new. Only problem I’ve found with them is that they take a bit of care when driving as the sole is so wide.

failedengineer

I like my Dickies ‘Timberland-a-like’ boots. Those Hoggs look good, though, I might try a pair of those next.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve had Dickies and Dewalt boots and the Hoggs are much better. I’m skeptical about waterproof linings in boots so I’ll be waxing these for the winter and to keep them in good nick.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Decent work boots?’ is closed to new replies.