Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Decent places to eat in York?
  • RustySpanner

Nothing too outrageous, but we’d prefer if the cutlery wasn’t chained to the tables.
    Not fussed as to the type of food as long as it’s decent.

Ta in advance.

donks
    Free Member

Used to go to the Masons arms just down the road from the Gurkha barracks which did really good home cooked grub….game and such like. 15 years ago mind?

OrangeOrganic
    Free Member

Blue Bicycle?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ll get flamed for this, but Jamie’s italian in Lendal Cellars is spot on.

Meltons Too do a great breakfast..

Defender
    Free Member

I went to Betty’s Cafe & Tea Rooms a few years ago, has a very special feel to it, we had some really good fish and chips there.

GHill

Rustique (on Castlegate) is probably the best place I’ve been for dinner in York.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Mama Mias on Gillygate for Italian. Best Italian place I’ve ever been to…

I would suggest Bennetts opposite the Minster but since one of my best mates is the chef, I know they’re closed during January 😀

Marin
    Free Member

Krakatoa Restaurant on Tanner Row. Great Indonesian food and very laid back. The spicy bellypork is orgasmicaly good and very spicy if you like spicy.
    I’ve met you in the real world so would I lie to you!

rascal
    Free Member

Go to Guy Fawkes Inn and have the lamb and pesto – not very big but Jesus, it’s bloody amazing.

tiggs121
    Free Member

We ate in a place called Cafe Concerto which is next to the Three Legged Mare which has it’s own brewery.
    Excellent beer in pub and fantastic food in a very laid back atmosphere.
    On High Petergate near the western end of the Minster.

Cafe Concerto

thedobbster
    Free Member

Stonegate Yard was pretty good and they had swiss lager on tap! Burger was pretty good too!

Slightly off topic, if you are driving watch out for the outrageous council piggy banks snapping you for driving across Lendal bridge in what they claim is a well signposted bus lane (is it bollocks) Apparently they rake in £18000 a day – absolutely scandalous!

ironside7000
    Free Member

Curry – our local is very good – Mirchiz Restaurant (just up the A19 – 5 minute walk from town)

Agree with tiggs121 – Cafe Concerto – always good – come out and go left and you can pop into the Three Legged Mare for a quick local pint

bearnecessities

Another vote for Rustique.

RustySpanner

Went to the new branch of Rustique on Lendal.
    Bloody marvelous meal, can’t recommend the place enough.

Thanks everyone.

TooTall
    Free Member

try a search on here. This exact question gets asked about once a quarter.

johndoh
    Free Member
    ross980
    Free Member

Another vote for Cafe Concerto. I’ve not been for a while but have always enjoyed it. It’s quite small with good atmosphere and nice food. Reasonably priced too.
    Also as above, watch out for the traffic restrictions on Lendal Bridge (the white one if that helps… it’s also the most northerly bridge in the city centre if looking at a map).

thetallpaul
    Free Member

But late to this, but…

+1 for Rustique.
    Barbikan (Polish), Meltons Two (local fare) and Koa Sang Road (Thai) all on Walmgate.
    Mumbai Lounge (Indian) on Fossgate.
    Coconut Lagoon (South Indian) on Clarence St.
    The Hop does very good pizza at the back of the pub on Fossgate.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

I’m a man of simple tastes…….

http://www.gbk.co.uk/restaurant/york/

RustySpanner

TooTall, I did search, but restaurants change so quickly that I thought I’d ask again.

rogermoore

+1 for Blue Bicycle – although I can’t remember if it was expensive.
    RM.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Decent places to eat in York?’ is closed to new replies.