Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Deal Extreme
  • momentum_2000
    Free Member

Just a quick question to the seasoned DX customer.

Payment for items. Is it only via Paypal ?, ie, no credit card option ?.

All I can see are paypal links at the check out.

Thanks in advance.

M2K

cp

can’t you just use your credit card on the paypal links? ie. you don’t need a paypal account, paypal are just the payment engine?

momentum_2000
    Free Member

Didn’t find that at the time. I will go try again.

Ta

😉

DezB
    Free Member

Do you realise how long they take to deliver?

I won’t ever be using them again, no matter how cheap their wonderful lights are.
    My torch has been, apparently, waiting at customs in Hong Kong since November 8th! Sod that.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

mine took 8 days (all 10 orders) from order to receipt

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey, you were lucky! They haven’t even responded to my enquiry.

[edit]just checked, it now says it left HK on 30th Nov. 22 days to get through bloody customs!

momentum_2000
    Free Member

Yeah, I have seen a fair few comments posted about the delays in delivery.

tis food for thought.

leaving it this late does appear to be running the risk of not seeing anything this year now.

Oh well, I’ve not bought anything yet.

May be I will do something else.

neninja
    Free Member

Nobody should order from DX if they are in a hurry. I’ve ordered 3 items and all took around 4 weeks but i ordered knowing that would be likely.

If people want stuff quickly they’ll need to pay the premium for buying in the UK

xraymtb
    Free Member

In the past they haven’t been so slow –
    around two weeks was average for me.

They do seem to be struggling at the moment though.

DezB
    Free Member

Agreed, I had a previous lights order within 3 weeks.
    Wasn’t bothered about waiting for this one, but when I got a delivery notification on the 8th and then waited and waited…

toons
    Free Member

In my experience, if you’re in a hurry, pay for the ems shipping.

rustler
    Free Member

Its not just DX, HK customs has a big backlog apparently, +1week for most stuff coming out of HK until its cleared & you can bet that wont be till after xmas.
    And the first couple of times I ordered it was by credit card, only on recent orders have I used paypal. Customer service is good, given they are so far away. On the occasion I had a problem my replacement was posted the day I emailed a scan of the post-office receipt for the returned item here.
    If your ordering a torch I can recomend the SKU12060 5-mode. I’ve had two in use for nearly 2 years, & mates have them also with no problems. Problem I had was with the 3-mode one.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Its not just DX, HK customs has a big backlog apparently

Not true – it’s just that DX make to order, then use the cheapest possible delivery method.

One of our suppliers messed up an order of ours last week and had to send a box to us quick – they sent it Saturday and it arrived on Monday morning via DHL.

radoggair
    Free Member

as soon as it clears customs it should be with you within a week. Mine was

xraymtb
    Free Member

Mine was ordered on the 12th, left HK today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Deal Extreme’ is closed to new replies.