• This topic has 19 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Haze.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Daylight running lights – what to go for?
  • Rustychain
    Free Member

I’m looking for DLR suggestions please.

Top of my list is an Exposure Tracer. Are there any other models I should consider?

Key criteria are a small handlebar presence and a decent run time (I do the occasional Audax). Thanks

matt_outandabout

Having had a daylight SMIDSY today, any fekkin’ light* you like, they will still pull out on you.

*(Bontrager Ion 100 on random flash mode and 6′ rider wearing bright orange jacket with orange coloured bike. The Bontrager lights are great.)

momo

I’m using a Trace/TraceR combo, Trace mounted underneath my garmin using a k-edge combo mount and a 76projects gopro to trace mount.

Have it mounted underneath because otherwise the light has too much bleed around the edges and flashes in your eyes a little at night, bit of tape across the top edge sorted this but I like nice neat handlebars so the combo mount works really well for me.

superleggero
    Free Member

Bontrager Ion 100 R fits the bill. Designed for daylight running. Works well.

murdooverthehill

The Bontrager lights are great

seconded

Kuco

I use the Exposure Trace/Tracer.

mwab65

Just bought a Giant Recon HL/TL 100 combo which are compact, light, multi mode, plenty bright enough and good value.

desperatebicycle

See.Sense Ace

crazy-legs

Another vote for Exposure. I’ve got a Sirius front and a TraceR rear.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve got SeeSense Ace at the moment, think they were cheaper than Exposure at the time.

Have been bombproof, though I’ve never bothered with the app features like theft alarm etc

slowoldman

+1 for Exposure Trace/Tracer.

jeffl

And another vote for trace/trace-r. The pulse mode is very good

jkomo

Tracr, mine is years old. Mashed the charge port, they fixed it for twelve quid.
    Maybe something else is as good, but why bother, just get that.

Rustychain
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses and suggestions.

I’ve clocked the Bonts before and really like their form but there seem to be some reliability issues (recognising the possibility of biased, over reported negative reviews).

See Sense is one I was aware of but overlooked – when it’s time for a new rear light I’ll explore that option in more detail as they do look like they fit the bill.

Trace is still in podium position for me – robust, like the idea of mounting it under the Garmin (zero additional bar space needed), reliable and with the option to get it repaired if needed.

oikeith

Another exposure user here, love the under garmin mount for the front Trace and picked up the seat rail mount for the rear one, bike looks tidy with them both mounted.

bensales
    Free Member

Exposure TraceR and an Axis at the front. Axis is probably overkill, but I run it in low mode which gives more than enough run time for a long road ride, and I’m not buying another light just for the sake of it.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

+1 Exposure.

ginkster

The Bontrager ION are good. On the front I use a Moon MX which has an integrated Garmin/Wahoo mount. The buttons are overly complicated but it is a good light with long run times.

fossy

Lezyne Zecto Drive 250’s – much brighter than the 80.

Haze

Just in case there aren’t enough votes already, Exposure Trace/R 👍

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.