Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Daydreaming about a lottery win…
  • catfood
    Free Member

Family car

My car

Sunday runaround

And maybe a Singular Swift or one of those carbon Niners, but I think Im dreaming as Im only five eight.

Id sort out my family and close friends and give some cash to charity, well some more than I already do anyway.

donsimon
    Free Member

Doesn’t giving to charity take the resposibility away from the governments?

catfood
    Free Member

Probably, some charities shouldnt need to exist but unfortunately they do.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’d buy a flash car, helicopter and smoke big fat Cuban cigars and light them with £50 notes. I’d still use charity shop bags as bin liners though.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Got £95k to blow…..

Edric64
    Free Member

If I won 75m I would buy every house and pub in the village I was brought up in to make it my own feudal village.

edhornby

boringly, someone did some basic maths taking into account future inflation projections and calculated that £2m ish was needed for a thirtysomething to sustain a lifestyle comparable to the UK average wage earner if that lottery winner wanted to give up work…

anyway, £10m and I’m letting all my mates buy silly cars on the proviso I’m on their insurance 🙂 I’d get a flat in the middle of New York, not only investment but party central at the same time !!!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Would you buy a garage for the Batmobile as well?

Hohum
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    Would you buy a garage for the Batmobile as well?

What a silly question!

I would buy the Wayne Manor to go on top of it as well and relocate it up to my current abode up here in West Lothian 😉

jahwomble
    Free Member

“Would you buy a garage for the Batmobile as well? “

‘kin great cave surely ?

They had one of those George Barris designed batmobiles on display at Fort perch Rock in New Brighton years ago but they used to get quite pis*y if you climbed over the wire and sat in it.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Especially if you fired the afterburners I bet?

LHS
    Free Member

someone did some basic maths taking into account future inflation projections and calculated that £2m ish was needed for a thirtysomething to sustain a lifestyle comparable to the UK average wage earner

Say you get 5% interest, thats equivalent to a wage of £100,000 a year.

Sounds reasonable to me.

So why doesn’t the lottery get capped to say £5m? That would give the average punter enough to buy a house, buy all their “look at me i’m wealthy” possessions and sort out friends and family and have enough left over to live very comfortably. The remaining £75m can go to help out those who need it.

£83m is just plain rediculous, and you can guarantee it will go to some complete self-obsessed ass who can’t even spell the word charity.

All IMPO of course.

catfood
    Free Member

Or the word ridiculous.

LHS
    Free Member

🙄

catfood
    Free Member

Sorry should have put a smiley.

Who knows who might win, it could be someone like you and a lot of good may be done. I think most of the money raised by the lottery goes to charitable causes already.

LHS
    Free Member

Interesting article, particularly regarding the funding for the 2012 Olympics diverting money away from charities

Lottery is tax on the poor

Spongebob
    Free Member

How many of you are still daydreaming of a big win?

The result:

No. of matches No. of winners £s per UK winner UK Prize fund

Match 5 + 2 Stars—-0———-£0.00————-£0.00
    Match 5 + 1 Star—–16———£268,411.50——-£1,610,469.00
    Match 5————–18———£67,707.40——–£203,122.20
    Match 4 + 2 Stars—-389——–£2,237.80———£174,548.40
    Match 4 + 1 Star—–4,470——£129.80———–£102,282.40
    Match 4————–6,591——£61.60————£72,318.40
    Match 3 + 2 Stars—-14,343—–£40.40————£115,220.80
    Match 3 + 1 Star—–171,491—-£17.20————£615,140.80
    Match 2 + 2 Stars—-168,704—-£15.10————£557,476.90
    Match 3————–243,776—-£11.10————£590,808.60
    Match 1 + 2 Stars—-788,968—-£7.40————-£1,337,246.60
    Match 2 + 1 Star—–2,195,498–£6.30————-£3,123,899.10
    Totals—————3,594,264——————–£8,502,533.2

So not one ticket matched the £87M jackpot and now the prize fund is expected to top £112M next Friday.

What I don’t understand is why the ticket price is double that of a normal lotto ticket, given the hugely extended odds of winning this draw, not to mention the much larger audience it attracts.

Good job I didn’t waste money on a ticket, or dwell too long on the prospect of winning. I’m only stupid enough to buy the odd national lotto draw ticket at 15m to 1. 😆

This Lotto thing is not good! I believe Camelot should be forced to state the odds of winning at the point of sale. At least then, people would have some idea about their chances.

The Lotto takes advantage of people’s ignorance, or their faith/optimism. You’ll always here the line “someone wins it”. I respond by saying “someone also has a meteorite land in their garden”. This probably happens more often than people winning the Euromillions!

It really is just another tax, albeit discretionary.

BoardinBob

A kilo of coke and Ola Jordan would be top of my shopping list

iDave
    Free Member

Next week I’m going to buzz spongebob’s house with my new jetpack…

molgrips
    Free Member

What I don’t understand is why the ticket price is double that of a normal lotto ticket, given the hugely extended odds of winning this draw, not to mention the much larger audience it attracts.

Click on the image to find out who this man is and why he answers your question.

BoardinBob

LHS

£83m is just plain rediculous

If I win I’ll buy you a dictionary.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Back to daydreaming then….

You won’t get me iDave coz i’ll be heading towards Madeira in this.

And because i’ll still be able to get online via satellite i’ll be putting the world to rights on here. How about that then?

iDave
    Free Member

how quaint, do stop by my island for some G&T

Spongebob
    Free Member

Looks like the heel of a shoe!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Rolls Royce – cut the roof off with a partner saw and hand paint it with Hammerite, bikes on the backseat, AC/DC on the stereo.

Not that i’ve thought about this (much).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I am sure the millions of people around the world living in hunger and poverty will be keen to know what overblown penis extension you are planning on buying.

Don’t be silly they’re far too busy waiting for the ‘what tyres to satiate seemingly incurable hunger thread’.

Either that or they’ve read the camelbak thread and are waiting to ambush the next guy that comes along in a full face helmet.

Or possibly they’re not reading STW at all?

Edric64
    Free Member

I would buy my local pub and ban lager, alcopops and cider such as magners.I would sell real ale rough cider fine wine and decent scotch.The food would be basic and of a reasonable price prepared by a cook not someone who works in a pub and calls themselves a chef.No football shirts would be allowed or chav clothing.It would be a great proper pub!!

iDave
    Free Member

Looks like the heel of a shoe!

yours looks like an old caravan

I’d also buy a beach house here

Spongebob
    Free Member

Here’s an exterior shot of my one million pound caravan…. 😆

iDave
    Free Member

i can’t see it, there’s picture of my new dingy in the way

Spongebob
    Free Member

I’ll swerve “Old Mutha Hubbard” island, but make sure I include the Maldives and your blonde girl island.
    in the itinerary.

k-sugden
    Free Member

I would buy my local pub and ban lager, alcopops and cider such as magners.I would sell real ale rough cider fine wine and decent scotch.The food would be basic and of a reasonable price prepared by a cook not someone who works in a pub and calls themselves a chef.No football shirts would be allowed or chav clothing.It would be a great proper pub!

Don’t need to win the lottery just phone the brewery they are probably desperate for some one to run it may need the lottery win to keep it open though

GlitterGary
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Daydreaming about a lottery win…’ is closed to new replies.