Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dartmoor and South Devon maps/routes?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting online routes or web based maps for rides over Dartmoor and Devon?

Are there any MBR style maps or good OS routes. Stuff I have looked at online is usually either coastal path or cycle track that is not what I’m into.

Any help?

Tar

xc-steve
    Free Member

Here are a couple loops all based around the Plym Vally cycle loop of different lengths:

Mega Mix – 60miles
    Dewstone, Broken Pipline, Rim Wrecker and Bombholes – 24miles
    Loopwell – 18 miles

julianwilson
    Free Member

NB, all steve’s routes have a considerable amount of ‘cheeky’ in them. But the middle one, if you were to do it, would be Aaaaaaaace. 😀

Also Max Darkin’s ‘mountainbiking in the south west’ book has several good and 100% kosher routes on MBR style pullout maps. Good investment if you are new and have no riding mates.

Also just tag along on a group ride on here, crispybacon and trailmonkey often post them up. If you are fit enough to do the 1st and 3rd routes steve posted up in the dark and in 2-3 hours, then join in the tuesday night Yogi rides.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Ha its ok if you ride them after 6pm! Although surly only Broken Pipeline is cheeky?!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Although surly only Broken Pipeline is cheeky?!

😆

…and the rest! Although the rimwrecker is now properly a bridleway, it wasn’t until a couple of years ago. Bombholes etc is on ‘access land’ now (again relatively recent change i think) but letter of the law says that for access land we have to stick to the bridleways if we are on bikes. All the fun/remotely singletracky bits of the lopwell dam route are (on paper at least) cheeky too.

That said, I pick my times to ride, and I’ve only ever been challenged about any of the above near the bombholes (fence hopping involved) and by the legendary ‘log man’ and his wildlife-scaring husky-a-likes in Cann. Oh and Chris the ranger a couple of times. If you haven’t been told off by Chris you aren’t trying hard enough.

crispybacon
    Free Member

BigEls – drop me an email (addy in my profile) & I’ll send you some routes mate.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Ride most weekends – so you can always mail me too if you ever fancy a ride – normally Saturdays.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor and South Devon maps/routes?’ is closed to new replies.