Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dalby Forest?
  • Zaskar93
    Free Member

Planning on a trip to Dalby Forest on Sunday! Anyone know what the conditions are like there at the moment (white and cold I should think) and anyone with a crystal ball know what they’ll be like on Sunday (similar I imagine)

Bunnyhop

My Brother lives a couple of miles away and has had a lot of snow. Not sure it will all thaw by next weekend with the low temperatures.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Ta for that. I haven’t been yet; my mate has and he is the one mad keen to go but I’m just wondering if the trails will be rideable or if it will be a waste of time and better sticking to a ride closer to home this weekend.

uplink
    Free Member

There’s over a metre of snow in places – I don’t think there’s any chance of much of it shifting given that temps are due to stay way low until at least Thurs

brownix
    Free Member

the trails are closed, or they were last weekend. and there was only a foot of snow, now there is more it will stay closed . Most probably be bad throughout winter really

rents
    Free Member

I was hoping to ride there on frida :0(

ahwiles
    Free Member

mum and dad live just down the road, and i’ve found that Dalby is always a couple of degrees colder than the ‘outside’ world.

i sincerely doubt that there’s been much in the way of ‘thawing’.

how’s the access road? right now i wouldn’t guarantee you can get to near the forest without a farmer-modded landy, let alone ride around it…

it might just be perfect for a spot of ski-touring…?

ratadog

There was a post here a few days ago saying trails were closed not just from snow but also quite a few branches and trees down accross trails. Still got 12-15 inches of snow alongside A170. A169 still shut ( it is the Pickering – Whitby road ). Thaw may come Friday but doubt that it will be rideable in the next couple of weeks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest?’ is closed to new replies.