Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dakine Drafter 10L pack, opinions please
  • Leadfold

I have read the reviews of the Drafter 14l and 18l. These make me think that the smaller 10litre pack is the one for me. Concerns are that the review here on Singletrack suggested the reservoir sloshed about a bit, but went on to say this was down to the large size of the pack. Anyone had this issue (or others) with the smaller pack?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been riding with the small Drafter for a few years. Though I’m not sure if the design has remained the same.

Anyway, mine is totally fine and – as you’d expect from Dakine – very hard wearing. No sloshing noticed here.

bigblackshed

Various Dakine packs are cheap as chips on Sport Pursuit ATM.

hainman
    Free Member

I bought one 2nd hand and it was really good, some neat features like the external straps for pads etc

very good compartment space and plenty spaces for all the tools, etc,only stopped using it as i got a belter of a deal on an Ergon pack,I have a camo 12ltr for sale if interested

andeh

I’ve got both a Dakine Session (8L) and a Nomad (18L).

I find the Session to be a bit small for any extended rides, space for a coat or a sandwich, BUT NOT BOTH! :'(

Nomad is more versatile, and gets used the most…..in fact, pretty much exclusively. If I’m out for a quick blast I’ll just grab a bottle and a multitool.

I can’t say I’ve noticed any sloshing, the reservoirs sit in a separate pocket next to your back. Also, the newer Hydropak bladders have a baffle down the middle, shich helps stop sloshing.

Leadfold

Cheers folks very useful. Hainman – thanks for the offer, but I’m going to get a new one. Sports Pursuit are cheap- £55, but 2-4 weeks delivery and £5 delivery charge. I bought from Hyped Sports £65, in stock and delivery included.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I’ve currently got a Dakine Session 12L and it’s great, as Chakaping said their packs are very hard wearing and well detailed. I use a Camelbak bladder though, so not sure if the sloshing is Dakine specific…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dakine Drafter 10L pack, opinions please’ is closed to new replies.