Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Daily contact lenses
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

What’s the longest you have worn yours for and what’s the worst that can happen if you leave them in for a few days?

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

as the only oxygen supply to the cornea is via the air and if you bugger your cornea you’ll need a transplant i’d probably not chance if for the sake of £1 per day.

GP opinion who uses daily disposable for riding, i’d await the opinion of any opthalmologists and opticians mind.

I think you can get monthly disposable lenses too.

Ive forgotten it’s name but there a nasty cornea screwing bug you can get from unclean lenses too!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I knew a bloke that kept falling asleep in his. It damaged (scored?) his eye(s) and he couldn’t wear contacts for a long time (Months) IIRC

GTDave
    Free Member

Longest was for abt 20 hours. I woke in the middle of the night (having forgotten to take them out before turning in) and thought it was a bloody miracle that I could see perfectly after all these years!
    I then woke the missus and told her my eyes are good, & I can see properly! Subtly as ever, she told me to take my fookin’ lenses out & go back to sleep. 😳 😆

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Over-wearing any kind of contact lens will damage the surface of your eye such that in the future you’ll only be able to tolerate lenses for a relativly short time. My problem stems from 20 years ago and it still affects me today, or rather it would if i hadn’t has LASIK three months ago 🙂

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Not a good idea. Why bother when you can get 32 pairs for £10 from http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com?

I find them more comfortable than any of the much more expensive lenses I wore for many years beforehand. Stay in better when riding as well.

Anyone know much about these ‘monthly’ lenses that you wear continuously? I’ve never had an optician mention them to me and based on the air/cornea/cleaning thing it just seems like a bad idea.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Daily contact lenses’ is closed to new replies.